Opinion Say what you want about Chris Scott as a coach, but as a person, no-one can fault his morality

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. Geelong wankfest that way ••••>
The guy is trying to win some support as he is much maligned.
Good for the Cats, hopefully Cats supporters like him again.
Ah yes, good to see Al Clarkson leading from the front and sacrificing his whole salar-- oh wait...

No-one gives up $120,000 in the short term (or 1 million for the long term if the season is called off completely as expected), just to curry favour. This post was meant to point out something good, yet you clearly decided to make it a polarizing one instead.

This time is trying enough for most, without trying to smack down someone who actually did something good for a change. You'll also see I mentioned Fagan, yet you seemingly don't have a problem with that - most likely because he's a Clarko disciple.

Sad individual.

yeah Lyon is about the polar opposite human being that Chris Scott is.
Can't fault Ross the Boss at all.

He was sacked, it's his money.

Different to prospective income.

Can't fault Ross the Boss at all.

He was sacked, it's his money.

Different to prospective income.
the guy is a piece of s**t, most people in the media hate him and unless you were in the 22 most players at Fremantle hated him too (one even lost his career over calling him a campaigner, an assistant nearly smacked him out over it). Chris Scott meanwhile is pretty well respected by most in the 'industry.' I know a fella who played VFL for the Cats and asked to train for a few weeks and Chris Scott personally drove to his house to let him know on a Friday night because he promised him he'd have an answer for him by the end of the week, was a genuinely decent guy about it.

Ross Lyon meanwhile gets his list managers to sack actual listed players. some guys were on the list for two years and spoke to him face-to-face about three times.

the guy is a piece of s**t, most people in the media hate him and unless you were in the 22 most players at Fremantle hated him too (one even lost his career over calling him a campaigner, an assistant nearly smacked him out over it). Chris Scott meanwhile is pretty well respected by most in the 'industry.' I know a fella who played VFL for the Cats and asked to train for a few weeks and Chris Scott personally drove to his house to let him know on a Friday night because he promised him he'd have an answer for him by the end of the week, was a genuinely decent guy about it.

Ross Lyon meanwhile gets his list managers to sack actual listed players. some guys were on the list for two years and spoke to him face-to-face about three times.

I’ve heard similar stories.
if guys like Scarlett and Johnson can wrap him as a bloke (and coach) in their bios, while being happy enough to question other people involved at the club (Chappy in particular springs to mind) then he’s fine by me

I’ve heard similar stories.
if guys like Scarlett and Johnson can wrap him as a bloke (and coach) in their bios, while being happy enough to question other people involved at the club (Chappy in particular springs to mind) then he’s fine by me
Chappy is a great guy, Scarlett and Johnson some of the most queer campaigners to ever play the game but for different reasons.

Lyon an arrogant campaigner.

No two ways about it.

Also strikes me as a gigantic bore.
Tries to market himself as going against the grain but in reality just has no insights or personality.
Just boring conservative prick who thinks he's great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back