Scott Morrison - How Long? (Part 1 - Continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but that's very hard to do. Let me give you my experience as a union delegate.

A more diverse workforce is nearly always a less united one. The easiest people to get to join a union are usually white men so it was much easier to bargain as a collective 20 years ago than today. I don't think that any time soon trade unions having the numbers they once did. Business is also getting much better at selling false hope workers so they see their co-workers as the enemy and management as their ally.

The other way to go about a more even income spread is from government awards. Big problem is what a big business can afford and what a small business can afford are often miles apart. If the award is to high small business does struggle.
Totally agree. The drift downwards to a position where the privileged classes want everything to be has been slow but relentless. Will be extremely difficult to get a level of sanity back into this country. But that is what we must do. Otherwise the place is ****ed.

Don't smoke a spliff on Newstart though !

:drunk:

if you have Netflix I highly recommend you watch "Inside Bill's Brain" and see what one of Gates' friends has to say about this Mars bullshit...

so, we've had our PM in DC and all he's achieved is a spending commitment and dinner with a bunch of has-been sports people that haven't resided in Australia for god knows how long.

Well, some are going to Mars and the Moon but God only knows where we're going as a nation of 25mil.

The s**t we waste money on is obscene.
Australian mining automation is great when you're licking American arse but not so much when talking jobs in the industry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Public sector unions are doing well but yes in the private sector your 100% right.
For unions to work what is necessary is a common understanding of what constitutes a good life. For some it might be knocking off early on Friday to have a couple of beers and go out to the footy. Or being able to leave work early on a Thursday to coach the kids footy team. People from other cultures might see these requirements as bizarre. In the situation, it becomes a lot easier for management to pit workers against each other.

Two former Liberal PMs gave character references for a child rapist but John Setka is the devil incarnate.
Would love to see you actually sit in on a CFMEU meeting, reckon you would be the most out of place man in Australia since Dermott Brereton ran through the Essendon huddle.

For unions to work what is necessary is a common understanding of what constitutes a good life. For some it might be knocking off early on Friday to have a couple of beers and go out to the footy. Or being able to leave work early on a Thursday to coach the kids footy team. People from other cultures might see these requirements as bizarre. In the situation, it becomes a lot easier for management to pit workers against each other.

Plus in my experience, people from different cultures have different expectations of employers. Individuals from developing countries with weaker labour laws like Vietnam/India don't have particularly high expectations of employers compared to Australians (hence why they're unfortunately readily exploitable in many cases). That, and communication issues between these types of workers and Australians would impede any proper organisation against an employer, anyway.

Plus in my experience, people from different cultures have different expectations of employers. Individuals from developing countries with weaker labour laws like Vietnam/India don't have particularly high expectations of employers compared to Australians (hence why they're unfortunately readily exploitable in many cases). That, and communication issues between these types of workers and Australians would impede any proper organisation against an employer, anyway.
I’ve worked with a few Indians in my time, and while they have been very intelligent and hardworking, they are deferential to hierarchy to the point of absurdity.

100% spot on. The other big issue is the false hope business is good at giving. It's common for a employer to tell a worker they are close to getting a promotion resulting in the worker not joining the union out of of fear of losing the promotion when in reality the employee has no chance at all of being promoted.

I’ve worked with a few Indians in my time, and while they have been very intelligent and hardworking, they are deferential to hierarchy to the point of absurdity.

Vietnamese and East Asians are quite similar. In the latter case I suspect it has to do with 'saving face'. It could be that confronting a superior (like an employer) results in a loss of face.

RE Indians, Indian engineers are apparently quite bright, but Indian IT workers are significantly less so, according to an American computer programmer I spoke to.

100% spot on. The other big issue is the false hope business is good at giving. It's common for a employer to tell a worker they are close to getting a promotion resulting in the worker not joining the union out of of fear of losing the promotion when in reality the employee has no chance at all of being promoted.

I've seen employers make such 'flexible' promises myself (also puffery about 'benefits'). Often it's best for employees to take them with a grain of salt, unless the employer has a track record of keeping such promises.

Funny piece in the Fin
Sky News squanders Trump exclusive

Despite his remarkable election victory, ScoMo remains the same apparatchik with the same callow temperament (lest we forget his tantrum as Treasurer at Anna Bligh’s appointment to lead the Australian Bankers’ Association), only now served with added hubris.

Like The Wall Street Journal’s revelation that Morrison tried to involve Hillsong pastor Brian Houston in the official program, only for Trump’s aides to block the paedophile protector’s involvement.

As one official muttered in the East Room on Friday, “geez, you have to be a fair c--- to be barred from entering this White House.”

Despite his remarkable election victory, ScoMo remains the same apparatchik with the same callow temperament (lest we forget his tantrum as Treasurer at Anna Bligh’s appointment to lead the Australian Bankers’ Association), only now served with added hubris.

Like The Wall Street Journal’s revelation that Morrison tried to involve Hillsong pastor Brian Houston in the official program, only for Trump’s aides to block the paedophile protector’s involvement.

As one official muttered in the East Room on Friday, “geez, you have to be a fair c--- to be barred from entering this White House.”

[/QUOTE]
If there's one thing the Libs have made very clear recently it's that child rape is forgivable when it's one of your own at it.

Funny piece in the Fin

If there's one thing the Libs have made very clear recently it's that child rape is forgivable when it's one of your own at it.

Funny piece in the Fin

Murray has very limited journalistic ability. Night Abbott was deposed he tried to big note himself but the two credible journalists Speers and Gilbert told him to shut up and know his place. Chalk and cheese - he had nothing, clearly all bluff and bravado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back