Scott Pendlebury - Standing in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

With his 400th approaching, there won't be any shortage of 'articles'...

I hope they both retire this year, the winner of the madden medal will be the decider. You reckon Pendles has a better chance than Dusty?

Pendlebury ain't retiring this year - he remains one of the best players in a team that will likely contend for the premiership.

Martin on the other hand....

Good keep his averages up. Getting down to Pendles averages would be gross.

Yep, that's the spirit.

Maybe Martin should retire immediately to protect his averages for you. Or is he going to fire up again for a couple of dead rubbers late in the season like he did in 2023?
787 coaches votes to Martin, 900 to Pendlebury. The questions are:

a) Will Martin get to 800 (it looks like 900 is impossible now)
b) Will Pendlebury extend his lead (going off 2024 I wouldn't write it off)

In any case, 100+ coaches votes is a generous lead. With some of the Richmond BnF top 5s over the years, it wasn't always a stellar cast competing for Martin's coaches votes...

In any case, 100+ coaches votes is a generous lead. With some of the Richmond BnF top 5s over the years, it wasn't always a stellar cast competing for Martin's coaches votes...

Don’t you get tired of simping for Collingwood, jeez man. Why are you even talking to me it’s not a Geelong thread.

And people look at averages more than totals anyway.

Yep, that's the spirit.

Maybe Martin should retire immediately to protect his averages for you. Or is he going to fire up again for a couple of dead rubbers late in the season like he did in 2023?

He got a little tired from the medals around his neck. Wish I could say the same about Pendlebury.

Don’t you get tired of simping for Collingwood, jeez man. Why are you even talking to me it’s not a Geelong thread.

And people look at averages more than totals anyway.
I didn't even quote you there.

Ablett leads both the Brownlow and Coaches Votes tallies, despite the coaches tallies not being available for the first 4 years of his career (where his 2004/2005 seasons were of a similar standard to his 2006 that received 49 coaches votes). So he has 955 officially but the actual total would certainly be over 1000 (1030 odd would be a decent guess).

Pendlebury continues to make a charge. I believe he's 3rd in the coaches votes (Dangerfield is just 5 votes ahead) and may move to 4th on the Brownlow (3rd on adjusted) leaderboard by the end of this season.

None of these things should irritate you, but for some reason they do.

Yeah lol, only 27 Premiership players, 14 of those triple Premiership players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't even quote you there.

Ablett leads both the Brownlow and Coaches Votes tallies, despite the coaches tallies not being available for the first 4 years of his career (where his 2004/2005 seasons were of a similar standard to his 2006 that received 49 coaches votes). So he has 955 officially but the actual total would certainly be over 1000 (1030 odd would be a decent guess).

Pendlebury continues to make a charge. I believe he's 3rd in the coaches votes (Dangerfield is just 5 votes ahead) and may move to 4th on the Brownlow (3rd on adjusted) leaderboard by the end of this season.

None of these things should irritate you, but for some reason they do.
Nah it doesn’t, I agree they are better H&A players and are very good at just making up the numbers.

And please don’t discuss GAJ and when we are discussing finals. Lawd have mercy.

Yeah lol, only 27 Premiership players, 14 of those triple Premiership players.
4 seasons out of 15 finishing top 4.

9 seasons finishing 8th or worse. 8 years not making finals, with a handful of disaster seasons in there.

Even in the premiership seasons, which other players gave the Brownlow and Coaches Votes leaderboards a good shake? Prestia, veteran Cotchin and Edwards?

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence doesn't need me to point out that the finals records of the greats of the game - GAJ, Judd, Pendlebury, etc. - stack up in comparison with Martin's record.

It's only the simpletons who get blinded by binary awards who struggle with the concept.
Winning an award for being the best performed player in the biggest game of the year as voted on by a panel is binary? What would you call one person tallying up a handful of stats from dozens of finals including week 1 EF losses and plenty most people have forgotten to declare their own convoluted assessment more valid than 3x norm 'encouragement award' smith medals to go with 3x 'got lucky right place and time' flags. You really think it's the stuff of a simpleton to place more weight on the opinions of those panels than some rando on the internet trying to earn credits for possessions even in elimination finals losses years ago. Delusions of grandeur on full display.

Winning an award for being the best performed player in the biggest game of the year as voted on by a panel is binary?
Um, yes it is binary.

It is the very definition of binary.

You are placing a player on a pedestal for being voted the best player on the ground, and ignoring the efforts of the other 22 players in his team, and the 23 players in the opposing team, despite:
1. The possibility that there may have been another player whom other judges considered the best player on the ground (e.g. Houli in 2017), and
2. The differences in levels of performance between the player judged the best player on the ground and a number of other players may be (and usually is) marginal, and
3. The performance of a Norm Smith Medallist in a given Grand Final may be a lesser performance than that of multiple players from another Grand Final who were not awarded the Norm Smith Medal.

That is why anyone with any reasonable level of intelligence would look beyond the binary assessment of Norm Smith Medal wins v. Non Norm Smith Medal wins, and look at how the different players performed in the games that are being discussed (I.e. finals) in order to form a conclusion.

Um, yes it is binary.

It is the very definition of binary.

You are placing a player on a pedestal for being voted the best player on the ground, and ignoring the efforts of the other 22 players in his team, despite:
1. The possibility that there may have been another player whom other judges considered the best player on the ground (e.g. Houli in 2017), and
2. The differences in levels of performance between the player judged the best player on the ground and a number of other players may be (and usually is) marginal, and
3. The performance of a Norm Smith Medallist in a given Grand Final may be a lesser performance than that of multiple players from another Grand Final who were not awarded the Norm Smith Medal.

That is why anyone with any reasonable level of intelligence would look behind the binary assessment of Norm Smith Medal wins v. Non Norm Smith Medal wins, and look at how the different players performed in the games that are being discussed (I.e. finals) on order to form a conclusion.

Huh? You're all over the place. The only thing I can follow is your conclusion, the many warped paths you take to get there sound like the rantings of a madman.

Huh? You're all over the place. The only thing I can follow is your conclusion, the many warped paths you take to get there sound like the rantings of a madman.

Welcome to Fagic. = Fadge logic.

Where winning awards means less than leading awards at round 17, because the former is binary apparently.

Where being the highest rated player on the ground in each of 3 Grand Finals, and getting 28 of a possible 30 Coach's votes and 43 of a possible 45 Norm Smith Medal votes across the 3 matches doesn't mean anything because another person another time may have been recognised for a performance only marginally better than another player. Sort of like Pendlebury's 10 of a possible 15 vote Norm Smith Medal...

Fadge is Mr Non-Binary. Or Mrs Non-Binary. Or whatever pronoun Fadge prefers. But you will find nobody is less binary than Fadge. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back