Official Match Thread Season 23 Round 4 - East Side Hawks v Geelong Wolves at Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

You're thinking about this too much, it's just the crowd trying to get their team a free kick (because we know the umps are emotionally influenced by it).

The Swans members are (generally) pretty terrible though.

I lose my s**t at games.

"The opposition player had someone brush against him? BALLLLLLLLLLLLL"

Does my head in.

Don't forget about when their players are caught holding the ball.

"High!!!".

I know which camp you see me in. Just because I get worked up at players standing offside.. Ref needs to do a better job.

Nice new car, SM. It really nails how salty and twisted into knots you get.

the_simpsons_Twisted_World_of_Marge_Simpson.JPG

Ever sat in the Sydney Swans members area at the SCG?

That's where I learned everything I know about the AFL.
Spot on.

Opening bounce of the game. Tackle made.

"HE'S BEEN DOING IT ALL GAME, UMP!!!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I lose my s**t at games.

"The opposition player had someone brush against him? BALLLLLLLLLLLLL"

Does my head in.
Well being a Bombers man you would see that exact behavior frequently.
Good to see you are one of the good ones though

You're not a "fan".

I'm talking the people who don't give a s**t about AFL, even prefer NRL (******* gross), until it's September and the Swans are doing well. Then they've been a Swans fan their whole life, UP THA SWANNEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

* up.

You're not a "fan".

I'm talking the people who don't give a s**t about AFL, even prefer NRL (******* gross), until it's September and the Swans are doing well. Then they've been a Swans fan their whole life, UP THA SWANNEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

**** up.
go the bloooodz

Being in Perth I used to go to games just to see footy but the West Coast supporters are the pits (except for my wife, my dad has brainwashed my twin boys as he's an eagle too).

KICK IT KICK IT FORWARD ......Priddis kicks it forward to no one
OHHHH WHY DID YOU KICK IT....

I sat near some lady years ago the eagles were about to enter forward 50 and the siren went....dead set said "Typical AFL, that'd be right blow the siren when we are about to score.

But my favourite....and this happens all the time........someone makes up a saying and repeats it over and over thinking they are funny and its usually something like have a cry Reiwoldt wah wah

Being in Perth I used to go to games just to see footy but the West Coast supporters are the pits (except for my wife, my dad has brainwashed my twin boys as he's an eagle too).

KICK IT KICK IT FORWARD ......Priddis kicks it forward to no one
OHHHH WHY DID YOU KICK IT....

I sat near some lady years ago the eagles were about to enter forward 50 and the siren went....dead set said "Typical AFL, that'd be right blow the siren when we are about to score.

But my favourite....and this happens all the time........someone makes up a saying and repeats it over and over thinking they are funny and its usually something like have a cry Reiwoldt wah wah
i live in Perth and go to a few eagles games when mates have spare tix and you are 100% correct. Heard a cracker of a quote in the eagles crows game last year. "eddie betts is a poor mans josh hill"

Oh I experienced this in Sydney too.

Was at a Sydney vs Richmond game. Richo was still playing, and some old dickhead kept going on about Richo's "handbags". "Where's your handbag, Richo?" constantly.

Some other dude gave Richo some other sledge, old mate pipes up with "He hasn't got his handbag!!! Richo's lost his handbag!"

Infuriating.

Was at a Sydney vs Richmond game. Richo was still playing, and some old dickhead kept going on about Richo's "handbags". "Where's your handbag, Richo?" constantly.

Some other dude gave Richo some other sledge, old mate pipes up with "He hasn't got his handbag!!! Richo's lost his handbag!"

Infuriating.
Freo fans are just ferals. In the prelim a few seasons back me and mrs miggs copped it for a couple of quarters once it was clear that the dockers were making the GF. Got called all the names under the sun had a beer thrown at us etc. Freo fans are ferals and Eagles fans are clueless. What a state to live in

I can't ****ing stand fans, particularly old bats, that screech out at the players "don't kick it backwards you ****ing ****s".

It's called a switch of play you harpie. Go and die.

Infuriating.

I remember a Perth game where the eagles played richmond and this richmond supporter was having a good time yelling funny things out like "Marry me richo you spunk" etc, all harmless fun adding to the atmosphere and having a good time. The eagles fans got into him so hard he ended up stopping, I felt bad for the guy at least he was funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back