Official Match Thread Season 26, Round 7: Las Vegas Bears vs Roys FFC @ The Stadium In The Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Bears vs Roys.png
Beware the sleeping giant! That is what the Bears are under the fantastic leadership of JoshWoodenSpoon as he has slowly woken the Bears from their hibernation into a team that one day has the great potential to be feared. This week, the Bears take on the reigning premiers from the retirement village; the Roys and it promises to be another cracking game.

Both teams come into this game with horrible losses; the Bears throwing away a 7-goal lead at quarter-time to go down to the Furies by 19 points while the reigning premiers threw away a 39-point lead during the second quarter to go down by 8 goals against the Warriors in what was a remarkable 87-point turnaround. As a consequence, both teams will be spending extra time working on their fitness and also understanding the concept of not spending all your petrol tickets in the first quarter.

Head To Head:

Bears: 10
Roys: 8
Draws: 0

Last 5 Meetings Between The Two Teams:

Bears: 2
Roys: 3
Draws: 0

Last Time They Met:

Season 25 – Round 13

It was a topsy-turvy game of Qooty when these two last played and after a first quarter that Qoss Qyon would’ve been proud of, the Roys kicked away with 5 of the first 6 goals of the second quarter only to get reeled in just before half-time which then led to the Bears taking control on the 3rd quarter, opening up a 15 point lead at one stage. From there, the Roys showed true premiership grit to outscore the Bears, 8 goals to 3 for the rest of the game to emerge with a remarkable 16 point win

Las Vegas Bears 13.4.82
Roys FC 15.8.98

Goals:

Bears: Jezmeister40 (4), JoshWoodenSpoon (2), Noidenous (2), BombersFan93, ArgusTuft, hilly, Marv, gym4life

RoysFFC: Mike__ (5), Mooch (4), MannumPower (3), Reardo (2), 3KZ is Football

Mobbs Medal Votes:

3 – Fitzroybowiedog (ROY)
2 – JoshWoodenSpoon (LVB)
1 – Stoods (ROY)

Burning Questions:

1) Are the Roys suffering from a premiership hangover?
4 wins in 6 games suggests that they’re not however in saying that, they have lost their past two games in a row after starting off the season 4-0. A 6-point loss to the Furies is no disgrace but an 87-point turnaround from midway through the second quarter against the Warriors suggests a temporary loss of form and fitness. The losses of I Don’t Care and xenxen are certainly hurting them so far however they will be needing to bounce back this week otherwise questions of a premiership hangover will start to mount.

2) Are the Bears unbalanced in their approach to Qooty?
The second best attack so far (702) however the third worst defence (663) suggests that there are some game plan issues within the Bears at the moment. Currently, the match aggregate for a Bears game this season on average is 227.5 points which suggests that whoever plays the Bears, will be looking forward to a high-octane shootout. The lowest score the Bears have conceded this season is 92 points so they will be looking for an improvement defensively this week.

3) Will the Bears or Roys be quicker to wake up from their restful peace?
The Bears are sitting 7th with a 3-3 record and a percentage of 105.9% (almost perfect sleepiness) while the Roys have lost their last 2 matches with what could potentially be a premiership hangover brewing. The Bears are waking up from their winter hibernation and so far have struggled with spring while the Roys are coming down from their eventful party after the premiership. The first team to wake up this week will likely win the game on the weekend.

Qrownbet Odds:
Las Vegas Bears $2.05
Roys FFC $1.80

Captains, please remember to have your teams submitted by 11:59pm Thursday night (Melbourne time)

The oldest playing list vs the youngest, interesting match-up.

Is this the mob from the retirement village?
m4YF0P7.png

Awesome to be able to re-use that. Can't remember what it was originally for.

I just realised we're playing Mobbs this week in the SFA.

It's so good here in the SFA.

Really enjoying my rookie season in the SFA.

m4YF0P7.png

Awesome to be able to re-use that. Can't remember what it was originally for.
Haha I occasionally trawl through my past creations and genuinely question my cosmic purpose.
Then I see this GIF and all is right in the world.

love.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Font is not large enough, please adjust.
OLD.png

No real need to post much this week. This season has shown the Bears have enough weekly posts for all of us, and a few extra teams too.
Cubs this is Broken. He is wonderful and was integral in bringing the Las Vegas Bears back into existence.
Let's * him up.

Looks like it'll be an intraclub match this week boys
We'll gladly concede the match thread in return for qooty goodness on Sunday (unless there's some other event which prevents another Sunday game)

We'll gladly concede the match thread in return for qooty goodness on Sunday (unless there's some other event which prevents another Sunday game)
There's only one field I take to on the 9th of September and that's Kdavva Field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back