Official Match Thread Season 29 Second Elimination Final - East Side Hawks vs Dragons FFC at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
1590403348064.png 1590403353227.png
Welcome to the Sweet FA Finals.

The Second Elimination Final is between two clubs with plenty of rivalry and history. There's rarely much love lost between the East Side Hawks and the Dragons, should be a great game and the first ever final at the newly re-developed Eyrie.

(No image of The Eyrie available, Mobbs please help)
The Hawks are one of those clubs that always figure in the finals conversation. They have a remarkable record of reaching preliminary finals and their first hurdle this season will be this game, their sole chance to play it up for their home fans.

WickedMindlessArawana-size_restricted.gif
"It's done, it's over, NaturalDisaster has officially been traded!"
Three wins on the trot will give the Hawks plenty of confidence and momentum coming into this match-ups, even if they have struggled at times on the defensive end this season. They've got a strong record at their new fortress The Eyrie.

giphy (38).gif
"Half price special at TJASTA Burgers, SM says thank you very much!"

Much has been made of the Hawks' playing personnel, or lack thereof, this season but they still have some of the most respected names in the game. por_please_ya and Agent93 are consistently elite players, SM has been a surprise packet in his revival, and veterans Biggie and Itsmyshow are more than capable of winding back the clock to become match-winners.

giphy (37).gif
"Chipmunk showing off some of his trademark physicality."
The Dragons come into this final series with the unique responsibility of defending a premiership, but at least that pressure is offset by their experience at the pointy end of a season.

giphy (40).gif
"AceAndy avoiding those defenders like they're posters wanting to join the Dragons who aren't ******* nutcases."
From a lofty 8-4 record, the Dragons stumbled into a 9-8 finish and now must attack the premiership on the road, starting off in Punt. They've been a strong defensive unit but a tad lacklustre moving forward and with two losses on the bounce they will be very wary of an in-form Hawks.

giphy (42).gif
"Hatchy1992's with a touching tribute to all SFA players suffering from obesity."
The Dragons have had a number of solid contributors this season, spearheaded by Hatchy1992 who mustered 58 goals in a solid campaign. AceAndy is of course crucial to their success but they've also been pleased with the likes of Strigoi and EKA fancy serial_thrilla.

Tip: Hawks are massive favourites on form, so Dragons by 10 goals.

Captains, please submit your teamsheet by 11:59pm on Thursday night. Or, if you're feeling adventurous and want a handicap to really test your mettle, do it on Friday morning.

And so we meet again Dragons.

I hope you’re going to bring something to the table this week, you talked a big game last week but had as much kick as Nando’s Lemon and Herb basting. Reminds me a lot of this little fella actually.

B3A67554-962C-4E6B-8D8A-B34D93F1DE5E.jpeg

And so we meet again Dragons.

I hope you’re going to bring something to the table this week, you talked a big game last week but had as much kick as Nando’s Lemon and Herb basting. Reminds me a lot of this little fella actually.

View attachment 881292
Is that DG's dog?

CHIPPYBET ODDS

Hawks 2.00
Dragons 1.80

#cmontheunderdog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I know none of you want me posting here, but I hope you guys s**t this in Hawks <3.
TepidDefenselessIndianelephant-size_restricted.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back