Official Match Thread Season 30 Round 2 - East Side Hawks vs Baghdad Bombers at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

To lift the spirits in here a little and brighten the mood, would you like me to regale you all about the time I booted 6 goals and led the team to victory in only my second Qooty match?

The normalising of hand sanitiser and standing further apart from strangers will only benefit us, and my permanent self-mandated lockdown will not lock so weird

I am very excited with hand sanitizer being normalised. Always found that cold feeling from it enjoyable.

Can't say I get the self-mandated lockdown though.

To lift the spirits in here a little and brighten the mood, would you like me to regale you all about the time I booted 6 goals and led the team to victory in only my second Qooty match?

I'd rather talk about my 5 goal exploits in the S21 grand final. Still dining off that one.

As a young'in, it's pretty exciting that the world will certainly change from this.

Definitely hoping the world slows down a tad in particular.
As an old'in sadly I don't share the same optimism.
I remember the love, help and good will being shared around after the bushfires.
I was proud to live in this country.
A few weeks later people are fighting in supermarket's over toilet paper.

ba2c67fcf810ea6aada3c967368440bd.gif

I am very excited with hand sanitizer being normalised. Always found that cold feeling from it enjoyable.

Keeping the community safe, don't want any one getting a heart attack when they see me post stage 4

As a young'in, it's pretty exciting that the world will certainly change from this.

Definitely hoping the world slows down a tad in particular.

Lets hope so and people behave more respectfully towards each other.

One of the few times you didn't kick the ball sideways mate.

The hard part in this is the unknown and in some ways unquantifiable. What we don't know is what It would look like if no restrictions were put in place. I sense that if we didn't have them the numbers would be well and truly eye watering. There are now 1000's of active cases in aged care which sadly means over the next few weeks the death toll will increase heavily.

The absolutely highlight of your 23 season career .....has never been repeated ....and never likely from where i'll be sticking you :)

The absolutely highlight of your 23 season career .....has never been repeated ....and never likely from where i'll be sticking you :)

One bad game and you pricks turn melty ...

JCYkCN.gif

I am pretty sure everyone would love to hear about my stellar performance in the s30 Grand final, I could keep you entertained for , oh , sorry, I wasn't supposed to have seen that sim yet.... jog on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am pretty sure everyone would love to hear about my stellar performance in the s30 Grand final, I could keep you entertained for , oh , sorry, I wasn't supposed to have seen that sim yet.... jog on.
Did we win .....should I be ordering Champaign ??

As an old'in sadly I don't share the same optimism.
I remember the love, help and good will being shared around after the bushfires.
I was proud to live in this country.
A few weeks later people are fighting in supermarket's over toilet paper.

View attachment 927895

I found the bushfires an incredibly frustrating time because the information out there to properly plan around it has been around for 2 years which highlighted the risk. There is even an incredibly foreboding figure in the 2018-19 state of the climate publication which was on bushfire risk, which was the modelled risk of fire Australia wide. I found that a genuine loss of faith in humanity moment, though that's the environmental degree kicking in.

I can live with the panic, and fighting for toilet paper. There are going to be some, well... oddities, considering it's not like Australia has been through major shortages or anything of that ilk since the 40s.

Lets hope so and people behave more respectfully towards each other.

That'd be a nice change of pace.

The hard part in this is the unknown and in some ways unquantifiable. What we don't know is what It would look like if no restrictions were put in place. I sense that if we didn't have them the numbers would be well and truly eye watering. There are now 1000's of active cases in aged care which sadly means over the next few weeks the death toll will increase heavily.

Oh definitely, lockdown and riding this out is probably the best way forward. Also no doubt, without it, we'd probably be comparable to US/Russia/Brazil right now.

The lockdown PMBangz alluded to sounded like more "I don't leave my house anyway", which I don't get.

Is that the one cadsky is simming, or the real one which will be probably managed by reputable people such as Loonerty, philreich and NaturalDisaster?

I rate you a high chance in the former, and well, I'd snap a nine-game losing streak first in the latter.

Finally, appreciated .....my Jokes are subtle ....nah, they're sh*t, I hear you thinking this, and yes I agree .....but I can't be witty, handsome, intelligent, and be funny as well ......that would be unfair on the rest of you
Yes, but why male models?

I can live with the panic, and fighting for toilet paper. There are going to be some, well... oddities, considering it's not like Australia has been through major shortages or anything of that ilk since the 40s.
Yeah fear does strange things to people.
There was never a shortage of toilet paper and the supermarkets were never going to be shut down . if everyone just did their normal weekly shop instead of panic buying then shelves would have stayed full.
But the fear of the unknown turned people into selfish hoarders I guess.
Tony Lynn 15 even started drinking his wifes nail polish remover cos he thought Dan Murphy might shut down.

Is that the one cadsky is simming, or the real one which will be probably managed by reputable people such as Loonerty, philreich and NaturalDisaster?

I rate you a high chance in the former, and well, I'd snap a nine-game losing streak first in the latter.
I'm not a reputable simmer? You've never seen me sim a match before. I pride myself on treating everyone fairly and as equals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back