Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Ophidian Old Boys v Gumbies FFC @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
3Pq0vzG.png
1613154943692-png.1056722

OPHIDIAN OLD BOYS V GUMBIES FFC
SPOTSWOOD OVAL

Welcome to the 35th season of Sweet FA. Since the first matches on 18 March 2001, 3,431 games have been played by 2,165 players across 29 clubs and 34 seasons. The league has had 13 administrators overseeing the league and inducted 30 players into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame, 5 of whom have been elevated to Immortal status.

Season 34 concluded with the Baghdad Bombers securing their sixth Sweet FA premiership, the first club to achieve this feat, defeating Roys FFC by 45 points. Ligma was awarded the Deestroy Medal as the best player in the Grand Final, collecting 22 disposals, 9 tackles and two goals.

Season 35 sees a return to 18 home and away rounds for the first time since season 17, the season before the Coney Island Warriors were admitted and Las Vegas Bears readmitted to the competition. The fixture also features two byes for each team for just the third time in league history, the last such season occurring in season 4.

The Old Boys ended a successful first season with a finals berth, the Mobbenfuhrer Medalist and EKA Medalist. They’ve also added last season’s Deestroy Medalist, Ligma, as well as popular posters Robertio, kananooks and Braklet to their lineup. The Gumbies finally managed to win a final but choked horribly in final quarter of the preliminary final to miss a grand final berth by one point.

CAPTAINS – PLEASE POST YOUR TEAMSHEET IN THE TEAMSHEET THREAD BY 11:59PM THURSDAY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've convinced me mate
giphy.gif
I know you didn't mean this but that was an epic Swedish segue.

Does anyone want to go to Sweden in the off-season? We can do a Tour of Qooty.

Come down to Spotswood and try some of that namby pamby soft ball shizzle.
OMG I love a good game of Namby Pamby. I am a champion of it.

Well, until I break a nail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back