Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 16 - Roys FFC v East Side Hawks at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

So ... TheGoatBaron ... where do I start!

Well let's start with the fact this bloke had not only been out of the league many seasons, he'd been basically out of the site for the most part, too. I am pretty certain that when he was finally badgered into signing on with the Roys, he didn't expect to be delivering dozens of posts per round, receiving rave reviews from various opposition, nor sitting at full forward pretty much writing his own ticket! And yet, here we are.

It's hard to believe tGB didn't post at all in Rd3. Because since then his output has increased every game until he's literally a show for the IMS Award this season (named after an opponent from the Hawks we are meeting this week, Itsmyshow ). Endlessly generating discussion, even if only with himself, and always bringing along buddies to create further confusion, TheGoatBaron is one of a 15'er for the last 7 weeks and already a household name. If only he was a rookie! shakes fist

Ok, sure, he can talk about some unfathomably weird crap sometimes, and then just throw in a youtube link as though someone somewhere anyone anywhere asked for it :D But you reward players who keep a team humming along, and that's why he's at full forward.

(there's also the fact he kicked about 6 goals last week, let's not forget that).

And now, as requested, a bunch of expletives:

Hmm the site mods must have removed them. So mean.

Let's go put SpecialBruce on the podium for a bit of a treatment.
I thought TheGoatBaron was a reincarnated Ed_Gein (because of the signature) and then I wondered if both were Grand Uncle Horace alts... 🤔

Aristotle Pickett has spent many seasons as an unsung hero at the Roys. He continues to maintain this profile, knocking out a few posts each round, but he does seem to have more moments of increased chattiness in S37. AP reached the 15'er grade for the first time last week, But he's been a 10+ consistent contributor for another 6 rounds (these aren't post numbers btw, it's a special secret calculation I only share with everyone).

AP started off up forward (or somewhere good, I can't remember) but put his hand up to make room when we had too many players for slots. Instead of omitting him, I popped him down the half back line and omitted someone else (probably myself). The STOTLE has remained in defence since, again keep his head pretty low, but not silent.

Nominating oneself to be demoted for the sake of the team happens commonly among leadership, but to have a non-LG player suddenly pipe up to assist, this is worthy of praise. Combine the team-first sacrifice with consistent appearance in a match thread and you have a player that should probably be moved back up the ground at some point! Well, who knows what the future holds.

We'll be delving into the deets of 3KZ is Football next. But he probably already knew that, or got told that by countless psychics.

Aristotle Pickett has spent many seasons as an unsung hero at the Roys. He continues to maintain this profile, knocking out a few posts each round, but he does seem to have more moments of increased chattiness in S37. AP reached the 15'er grade for the first time last week, But he's been a 10+ consistent contributor for another 6 rounds (these aren't post numbers btw, it's a special secret calculation I only share with everyone).

AP started off up forward (or somewhere good, I can't remember) but put his hand up to make room when we had too many players for slots. Instead of omitting him, I popped him down the half back line and omitted someone else (probably myself). The STOTLE has remained in defence since, again keep his head pretty low, but not silent.

Nominating oneself to be demoted for the sake of the team happens commonly among leadership, but to have a non-LG player suddenly pipe up to assist, this is worthy of praise. Combine the team-first sacrifice with consistent appearance in a match thread and you have a player that should probably be moved back up the ground at some point! Well, who knows what the future holds.

We'll be delving into the deets of 3KZ is Football next. But he probably already knew that, or got told that by countless psychics.
Don't mention Ryan Lester Mobbs. You don't know what you will let your self in for.

This works especially well with tired vegies. You know when you just couldn't get to the shops for a couple of days and the view when you open the vegie crisper in the fridge isn't inspiring,
blinking animation domination GIF by AOK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Resident agent to the stars, 3KZ is Football , is ... let's face it ... the ultimate qootballer. Insurmountably skilled out there on the wing, racking up possies every week, hoofing long goals from the most astounding of distances, and all while being fully aware that a hard deterministic universe makes all effort moot in the grand scheme of things.

What you might not know about 3KZ, is that he and his entourage of tarot readers, crystal ball gazers and tea leaf stirrers have set him up with comfortably achieving a level 15 status for the entirety of the season. Here every week with his own (bloody repetitive actually for cryin' out loud!) inside info on the future channelled directly through him from the other side.

3KZ might sometimes be on a flank, but he's usually out wide on the wing providing the overlaparoscopious opportunities to plunge the ball forward. All while being one of the poster children of the Roys brand. As it is, things are perfect out there as they are. The wing is his thing.

Next to be featured will be judge judy

Resident agent to the stars, 3KZ is Football , is ... let's face it ... the ultimate qootballer. Insurmountably skilled out there on the wing, racking up possies every week, hoofing long goals from the most astounding of distances, and all while being fully aware that a hard deterministic universe makes all effort moot in the grand scheme of things.

What you might not know about 3KZ, is that he and his entourage of tarot readers, crystal ball gazers and tea leaf stirrers have set him up with comfortably achieving a level 15 status for the entirety of the season. Here every week with his own (bloody repetitive actually for cryin' out loud!) inside info on the future channelled directly through him from the other side.

3KZ might sometimes be on a flank, but he's usually out wide on the wing providing the overlaparoscopious opportunities to plunge the ball forward. All while being one of the poster children of the Roys brand. As it is, things are perfect out there as they are. The wing is his thing.

Next to be featured will be judge judy
And he enjoys #gateauhawks

We seem to have lost judge judy to the rigours of disinterest. After a start which saw him post at least a check-in in 4 of the first 5 rounds, there was one sudden flurry of posts in only one other round, for the others jj has been absent. I know he still expresses some interest in the results, but without showing for training the heavy gavel of discipline dropped in Round 12, and the solidification of the starting 20 has sealed the deal for now.

Unforeseen circumstances can cause sudden changes, but at this point judge judy remains on the supplementary list awaiting some sign of movement.

Next up, it'll be it'll be _Mike_ stepping up to the plate for a quick write-up.

Just to let you know, i won’t be active much in the morning. Heading to hospital for my brain CT scan. Hoping to find answers for my balance issues but will be back shitposting in the afternoon though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back