Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 18- Las Vegas Bears v Sin City Swamprats at The Stadium in the Sky (Friday Night Qooty)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, LA Lakers, LSU Tigers
Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 8.01.35 pm.png

Round 18 - Friday Night, 17 May 2024
Las Vegas Bears v Sin City Swamprats at The Stadium in the Sky

Current Standings

Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 7.56.09 pm.png Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 7.54.55 pm.png

Last Time They Met
=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
SIN CITY SWAMPRATS : 23.11.149
LAS VEGAS BEARS : 18.6.114
=====================================

8.01 - Goal to Dingster (LVB) - LVB by 27 point(s).
23.06 - Behind to Shadow Man (LVB) - SCS by 60 point(s).

Last time these two sides met, it was deemed a MOTR and boy did it deliver. The Bears travelled to The Underground and exploded out of the blocks to a 27 point lead...however the rest of the day is one they'll want to forget as Sin City turned up the heat, kicked the next 13?! goals for an 87 point turnaround. Las Vegas would hit back but still fall some 6-ish goals short. Both these sides are big momentum teams, having strong bursts on the field that result in goals quickly

Who to watch (on-field)
okeydoke7 0 9 2 0 0 0 0 7 2 77 Cap 0 6 1 1 1 1 0 6 0 64

As expected in such a high scoring game, two forwards at either end of the field went at it for BOTD (Bag of the day). In their previous meeting, okeydoke7 just beat out Cap with 7 goals to 6, both showing their prowess and reason for being a headache for opposition coaches.

Who to watch (off-field)
The two biggest contributors off the field were Millky95 and Ant Bear - some may surmise they were the greatest motivators for their respective teams, some might say the biggest sh*t talkers. I'll let you lot be the judge.

What it means
  • An away win for the Rats all but secures them a finals berth in Season 37, as well as celebrating Ant Bear and ShaunDuggan's milestone games.
  • A home win for the Bears goes a long way to remaining in finals contention, getting JoshWoodenSpoon closer to playing his 200th in a finals game
Who takes the chocolates

With only 1 win secured by jackster83 and his crew in the last 5 games (including a draw, wtf), they could not be trending in a worse direction. Are they meeting the Bears at the right time though, who themselves have only won 2 of the last 9, with a win against the Wonders two weeks ago the lone bright star. This game is really going to set the future spiralling in opposite directions for each of these clubs, and I expect it to be a fast furious matchup with tony rallying his troops over the line.

Prediction: Las Vegas Bears by 11 points.

Captains, please have your teamsheets in the appropriate aforementioned time, Thursday 11:59 AWST, preferably earlier as your game is to be played on FRIDAY 17th May

The two biggest contributors off the field were @Millky95 and @Ant Bear - some may surmise they were the greatest motivators for their respective teams, some might say the biggest sh*t talkers. I'll let you lot be the judge.
Ant Bear and I just have amazing chemistry. Something some people should go learn about

:)

Captains, please have your teamsheets in the appropriate aforementioned time, Thursday 11:59 AWST, preferably earlier as your game is to be played on FRIDAY 17th May
Captains have been informed to have their team sheets in by tomorrow night (FYI) as a soft deadline.

Ant Bear and I just have amazing chemistry. Something some people should go learn about

:)

I was good at chemistry

breaking bad chemistry GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone catch the aurora last couple of nights?

Who needs to go to Lapland when there's Glenelg.

I didn’t see anything in London, though I hear it was possible.

View attachment 1988255

Round 18 - Friday Night, 17 May 2024
Las Vegas Bears v Sin City Swamprats at The Stadium in the Sky

Current Standings

View attachment 1988243View attachment 1988242

Last Time They Met

Last time these two sides met, it was deemed a MOTR and boy did it deliver. The Bears travelled to The Underground and exploded out of the blocks to a 27 point lead...however the rest of the day is one they'll want to forget as Sin City turned up the heat, kicked the next 13?! goals for an 87 point turnaround. Las Vegas would hit back but still fall some 6-ish goals short. Both these sides are big momentum teams, having strong bursts on the field that result in goals quickly

Who to watch (on-field)

As expected in such a high scoring game, two forwards at either end of the field went at it for BOTD (Bag of the day). In their previous meeting, okeydoke7 just beat out Cap with 7 goals to 6, both showing their prowess and reason for being a headache for opposition coaches.

Who to watch (off-field)
The two biggest contributors off the field were Millky95 and Ant Bear - some may surmise they were the greatest motivators for their respective teams, some might say the biggest sh*t talkers. I'll let you lot be the judge.

What it means
  • An away win for the Rats all but secures them a finals berth in Season 37, as well as celebrating Ant Bear and ShaunDuggan's milestone games.
  • A home win for the Bears goes a long way to remaining in finals contention, getting JoshWoodenSpoon closer to playing his 200th in a finals game
Who takes the chocolates

With only 1 win secured by jackster83 and his crew in the last 5 games (including a draw, wtf), they could not be trending in a worse direction. Are they meeting the Bears at the right time though, who themselves have only won 2 of the last 9, with a win against the Wonders two weeks ago the lone bright star. This game is really going to set the future spiralling in opposite directions for each of these clubs, and I expect it to be a fast furious matchup with tony rallying his troops over the line.

Prediction: Las Vegas Bears by 11 points.

When did we sign ShaunDuggan & does James Colorado know?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back