Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 9 - Gumbies FFC v West Coast Wonders at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the boring fireworks rant everyone and GWS Goose

On a much happier note I am delighted SBS picked up the rights to the four series of Babylon Berlin. Just finished Series 4. I have been hanging out for the show for ages.

For those who haven’t heard of it, the show is set in the crazy Berlin of the late 20s and 30s. It combines police procedural with politics, class analysis, comedy, crim culture, music. It has multiple plot lines and is confusing at times.

If you haven’t already, give it a crack.

As we all know though, there's different rules depending how good a player is. Most clubs will protect an 'a grader' but throw a 'c grader' to the wolves. For example (not 100% analogous I know), GWS tried (unsuccessfully) to protect Whitfield a few years ago, probably wouldn't have bothered for Jimmy 35th best player on list.
Same as most areas of life
High performers get cut more slack.

I was giving the people what they wanted.

The word hero is thrown around too loosely, but I feel it applies hear.

Plus side, due to the laws, essentially the only fireworks that were reliably provided were of display quality. Much safer than the volatile stuff that was available pre-ban
*here

you'll get RSI correcting my homophones. (even near homophones)
horrendous habit I have.
To make matters worse, I actually know the correct one and still type it wrong.
As and Has is my most infuriating repeated efffort.

Sorry for the boring fireworks rant everyone and GWS Goose

On a much happier note I am delighted SBS picked up the rights to the four series of Babylon Berlin. Just finished Series 4. I have been hanging out for the show for ages.

For those who haven’t heard of it, the show is set in the crazy Berlin of the late 20s and 30s. It combines police procedural with politics, class analysis, comedy, crim culture, music. It has multiple plot lines and is confusing at times.

If you haven’t already, give it a crack.
Someone by the name of Adolf Hitler like the sounds of that 🤗

IMG_0996.jpeg

(That guy is actually present Adolf Hitler besides the photoshop)

Same as most areas of life
High performers get cut more slack.
Kinda makes you wonder why you haven't got more ALL-SFAs. Ya know, being the high performer you are.

Fun fact, in my early 20's I was a silent partner who bankrolled a fireworks business technically based in Canberra that provided a delivery service to NSW. it was a loophole that I never wanted to test in a court of law but was profitable for those involved.
The 2 driving partners used the money they made in fireworks to purchase more traditional businesses.

Fyshwick - the place to go when you know what under the counter products you want, but you aren't quite sure where to buy them

I remember back in highschool going away for NY with a mate - this was like a large group of like a dozen plus family's, friends etc. Because the weekend away was somewhat isolated from any main town with NY entertainment & fireworks, a couple of the mature father's in the group made the trip to Canberra to buy such items for the event

The best part of that was that they were high enough ranked police officers, that you wouldn't expect them to be the ones buying such items 😂

I’ve been watching Boardwalk Empire of late.
At the end of season one.
Not bad, but I hear it only improves from here and I find myself thinking about it

7.75/10
very late to the party.
Its a good series.

Kinda makes you wonder why you haven't got more ALL-SFAs. Ya know, being the high performer you are.

Sage and chortle worthy and all at the same time. Nice work.

Hello. Is our friend Chat Pile still at Gumbania?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got any good family TV suggestions? 11-15 year old kids.
Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix.

giphy.gif

I've been loving that myself. Wife is not so keen...
I only found it a week or so ago thanks to someone mentioning it on BigFooty.

Completely addicted to it.

Anyone got any good family TV suggestions? 11-15 year old kids.

• The Walking Dead, get them prepared from a young age for when the inevitable happens & zombies take over of the world
  • Breaking Bad, teach them early about the importance of purity and how they can help mum & dad retire at younger age

Gumby…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back