Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 9 - Gumbies FFC v West Coast Wonders at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

The jalapeño ones were very very odd.

Agree - it was like they had still used the sweet dough but then added savory to it

They also had vegemite & cheese ones last year which I tried as I often add vegemite to things like hcbs anyway - there wasn’t enough vegemite to really taste it. Without the packet, not sure I would have known they were meant to be vegemite flavoured

How about some Special Burger Sauce Hot Cross Buns as well to fill everyone’s hunger tonight ;)

View attachment 1944411

I never tried those - but would have been tempted if I was actually making burgers to use those instead of normal burger buns

Agree - it was like they had still used the sweet dough but then added savory to it

They also had vegemite & cheese ones last year which I tried as I often add vegemite to things like hcbs anyway - there wasn’t enough vegemite to really taste it. Without the packet, not sure I would have known they were meant to be vegemite flavoured
You remember the Vegemite Caramello chocolate from 2017ish?
Now that really was nice.

My local Woolworths (Sydney) had its Easter chocolate range from 25-50% off tonight.
With plentiful stocks of the mini eggs (25% off).

No sign of any hot cross buns though.

Timed my shop perfectly for the closed tomorrow deli fresh/cured meats and fish/seafood at 80% off, whole BBQ chooks cooked 2 hours ago at 60% off, and 6 packs of rolls for 80c.

Our supermarkets are fully opened tomorrow - I got a couple of deals on Thursday afternoon but it wasn't late enough for really good deals ahead of the public holiday

For Easter egg sales, Monday is always the best option with places 50% off at a minimum - but recent years I've waited until a couple of days later if I really want anything

Not sure I'm going to beat my Xmas Eve specials from last year:
  • Aussie prawns at $15kg
  • Crayfish tails down to $3 each
  • Fresh salmon, $2.63kg. I got a bag of 6 salmon fillets for about $3.50, and then a side of salmon for roughly $4

Our supermarkets are fully opened tomorrow - I got a couple of deals on Thursday afternoon but it wasn't late enough for really good deals ahead of the public holiday

For Easter egg sales, Monday is always the best option with places 50% off at a minimum - but recent years I've waited until a couple of days later if I really want anything

Not sure I'm going to beat my Xmas Eve specials from last year:
  • Aussie prawns at $15kg
  • Crayfish tails down to $3 each
  • Fresh salmon, $2.63kg. I got a bag of 6 salmon fillets for about $3.50, and then a side of salmon for roughly $4
Surely that Salmon price is a typo?! Wild if not

Surely that Salmon price is a typo?! Wild if not

It was about 6:30pm on Xmas Eve - with Coles closed the next day they were clearing all their seafood

I normally don't buy fish from the supermarket but made an exception at that price

ClarkeM would be happily be able to do that for you tonight :winkv1:
giphy.gif

Fun fact: I can't wink and it freaking kills me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks so sad.
Looking down at his winky, but his tummy is too big to even see that he doesn't have one.

How do Gumby's breed without one?

They take one of Gumby’s ribs and use that to create the next Gumby

Lead story just now on the ABC news- THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF HOT CROSS BUNS IN WA. I repeat, THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF HOT CROSS BUNS IN WA!!!!!!!!
Screaming Anthony Anderson GIF by HULU

More evidence of why the West should secede (yes, this is said in jest).
Probably because they have been on sale since boxing Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back