Fourth Test team

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt that any changes to side or batting order will be made for the 2nd test. They’ll back finch at the top of the order.

I also feel we need to keep the same XI for the next match however I am fine with a reshuffle of the order. Also believe a reshuffle to the bowling order with Cummins and Hazlewood to take the new pill and Starc demoted to first change. He needs to start cleaning up that tail or his spot may slowly come under scrutiny

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cummins averages 38 as no1 bowler, maybe there is reason he doesn’t open...

Can't see starc losing the new ball, paine was even praising his economy rate in this game...i mean ffs his economy was low because the batsmen didn't need to play at so many of his wide wasted deliveries.
Interesting he ends up our most economical bowler in the second innings considering how poor he looked. Of course, when we consider the byes he was sending down, which gave Paine no chance and basically deserve to go against Starc statistically, that economy rate across the whole match looks rather ordinary

Cummins averages 38 as no1 bowler, maybe there is reason he doesn’t open...
I just think Starc is becoming less and less threatening with the new ball, and maybe its time to freshen things up and try and recapture the dangerousness with giving Cummins a go at it for a few innings. See how he goes.

I just think Starc is becoming less and less threatening with the new ball, and maybe its time to freshen things up and try and recapture the dangerousness with giving Cummins a go at it for a few innings. See how he goes.

Starc is clearly not 100% fit. Aus need him badly for Perth, but if India manage to make Aus bowl long enough, they will likely end up losing Starc for the remainder of the series. Is Pattinson fit and available? I thought I saw some video of him bowling in FC with Stoinis?

Aus bowlers are going to need some serious help from the tracks. Else this tour could get very one-sided, very quickly.

Stoinis must be lurking around the selectors' minds - his bowling has been serviceable the last 2 first class matches and he's scored a couple of 50s. That's all it takes and he's already in the short format teams.

Stoinis must be lurking around the selectors' minds - his bowling has been serviceable the last 2 first class matches and he's scored a couple of 50s. That's all it takes and he's already in the short format teams.
To be fair it’s been serviceable all season. Interesting point to note is that he didn’t bowl at Victoria at all during the second innings. Could have picked up a niggling injury. I would pick him ahead of Marsh in that allrounder spot. Deserves a shot, especially given how ineffective Marsh has been with the ball at all levels.

To be fair it’s been serviceable all season. Interesting point to note is that he didn’t bowl at Victoria at all during the second innings. Could have picked up a niggling injury. I would pick him ahead of Marsh in that allrounder spot. Deserves a shot, especially given how ineffective Marsh has been with the ball at all levels.
I think the Adelaide test has shown that our bowlers are fine without the all rounder but we desperately need to pick our best 6 bats. I don't think Stoinis is anywhere near that, but if it did come down to it, I'd give him a shot before bringing Mitch back in.

I'd love Kurt Patterson to get his debut. He's been on the cusp for the last few years, but finally is hitting a good patch of form at the right time (got a 107 not out in the latest shield match).

Really classy young player. Good head on his shoulders too.

Fair few detractors here against Burns, but Joe has had a pretty rough go at it at international level. Last time got dropped despite hitting decent form. He deserves another crack and has consistently performed at state level (more than others, cough cough Finch and Marsh).

EDIT: Looking at the overall Shield stats, Jake Lehmann has had decent form a month ago. Had a better run this time last year, but good to see a couple young middle order batsman starting to ask questions.
Think we need to stop recycling the same old players. Burns had his go and while he did not embarrass himself, proved to be quite mediocre. We need to look for someone who can succeed at the highest level, and if anyone is to be considered in the middle order or for an order shuffle for the THIRD test it should be Kurtis Patterson. Try something new and don’t keep recycling mediocre Test players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Patterson just scored his first century in 24 matches if I'm not wrong?

Patterson just scored his first century in 24 matches if I'm not wrong?
Yes, I wouldn't be bringing him in just yet. If you want to throw a debut to a top 4 batsman, based on Shield form it should be Harris or Larkin.

Dan Hughes and Matthew Wade are tearing it up, but as Gough said we don't really have problems in the lower middle order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have plenty of batsman good enough to bat at 5 and 6. It's the top 4 that's the problem.
This is exactly the problem I reckon. Head, Handscomb, Finch and Marsh are all suited to batting 5 or 6. In a stronger team, any of those four could cash in and look pretty good. We are just so bereft of top order batsman until Smith and Warner return.

I have no faith in handscomb and would much rather wadey In for this test as he even can bowl a over or 2.
But he has the ed cowan stamp on his head to never be picked again..

The fact is the batting stocks are completely bare. I overestimated them going into the first test, I thought for sure we'd get a couple of home town bullies at least, but nope.

Would rather bring Renshaw back and take a punt on a young middle order player. When the incumbents stink and there's no one knocking down the door may as well take a punt on some young guys. Not like they can do much worse.

Well the only two choices are Mitch Marsh who failed with the bat, and Tremain for the 1st two tests.

I'm up for giving Finchy one last gig. If he fails, I would play Burns.

Jhye Richardson has done exceptionally well so far this season in the shield, and if you are risky Pattinson could easily play ahead of him.

Jhye Richardson has done exceptionally well so far this season in the shield, and if you are risky Pattinson could easily play ahead of him.

Tremain should and will be ahead of both

Love both of these guys.....Richardson is a little jet....and Pattinson in form has the passion and is great to watch

Both can bat as well

Our fast bowling stocks are fantastic......its just the average batting :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back