GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Of these two shows, which one do you think is better?

and yes, I know there's a thread from 5 years ago, but I want to add a poll to it.

It's hard to judge, because Larry David has so many more options open to him by being on HBO. He can push the fine line of taste, religion, politics, sex etc that you just can't go near on a prime time US sitcom.

Seinfeld, because, believe it or not, I think Jason Alexander made a better Larry David than Larry David. Mostly its his ability to express rage.

Plus, there's a nostalgia factor for me. Seinfeld Is much more ingrained in my subconscious.
Plus, Kramer.
Plus, Elaine.

I love both to death. I voted Curb simply because of the intensity of the guffaws the show can produce after a 30-minute build up to a punch line. It's not as accessible as Seinfeld either, which makes quoting it to others difficult but the satisfaction of finding someone who gets it is so worth it.

Either way, Larry David is a genius. Being the driving force behind both these shows, just wow.

It's tough. I haven't watched Seinfeld properly since I was really young and I've only begun watching Curb recently.

I'll have to watch Seinfeld again.

Some vehement opinions on this thread.

For me definitely Seinfeld, but Curb is a great show- actually, the last few eps of the seinfeld reunion season of Curb were something I felt incredibly privileged to watch.

They are different viewing experiences and funny for different reasons.

You could put anything up there and I'd still be voting Seinfeld. Curb is still very good though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I give it to Seinfeld purely on sheer volume. 100 more episodes than Curb. It might be a silly reason to give it the edge but I think it's worth something.

Both are two of my favourite comedy shows so hard to seperate them.

If I had to choose it would be Seinfeld due to having more classic episodes and the way so many terms and phrases from that show have become a part of popular culture.

Both are head and shoulders above any other US sitcoms of the past 25 years.

Both are two of my favourite comedy shows so hard to seperate them.

If I had to choose it would be Seinfeld due to having more classic episodes and the way so many terms and phrases from that show have become a part of popular culture.

Both are head and shoulders above any other US sitcoms of the past 25 years.
Arrested Development?

I voted Seinfeld, but I love Curb also.

As a previous poster said. Seinfeld was made for mainstream TV and CYE is able to go much, much further as a result of being a cable show.

Louis is the other show in a similar vein to CYE that pushes boundaries and is brilliant.

I love both, but I can rewatch Seinfeld episodes all the time and they're still hilarious. I don't find I'm able to enjoy CYE unless it's been a long, long time since I've seen the episode.

CYE is kind of like a horror movie - you watch because of the incredibly involving and often painful ride to the end, whereas Seinfeld is just thoroughly enjoyable light entertainment with a great cast of characters.

Back