Review Semi Final Madness: Dogs knock Hawks out in straight sets.. Who woulda thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a division 1 EDFL premiership medal. Played almost every game (bar round 1 and 2) and did my hammy in the first final. We won the grand final and I didn't play - had a fitness test on the Thursday night training before the game. They gave me a medal (along with the coaches) as being a massive part of the team.

Can tell you, the medal means absolutely nothing. I appreciate the gesture but it honestly means nothing to me.

If you're not out there on the day you shouldn't get a medal.

I have one like that too. When I was younger I felt as you do but as the years go by I value it more and understand that I indeed played my part in the victory.

Couple of moments in the call stand out for me.

Firstly when Dennis said "they kept their pose, THEY KEPT THEIR POISE!" For me that really summed up a turning point in the game and my nerves settled a lot after that.

Iirc Mclean was critical in that bit of play. Also loved his perfect kick over the top to Picken (think it was) that Frawley got a fingernail on

1t9Q4tk.gif

If you're gonna post it, you gotta do the right one.
RFSgkaw.gif

Watch it again. He sounds relieved when it doesn't come off.
What time of the game was it? I've seen it twice and felt I understood what he meant ok....

You usually don't barrack for the team that knocked you out of the finals, but you guys were amazing against us and once again last night. The way you set up defensively before the eagles even had a chance to get into position and lead, the way you hunted the contest and outnumbered the contest time and time again against us and the hawks was just superb. You play footy the way it should be played - fair and for each other, with hunger, commitment and determination. So many likeable players! My heart hurts a bit that Bobby is not able to play, my fave non-eagles player, he's such a nice person and he's definitely the type of guy that would put his personal feelings aside and put the club first. It's a pleasure to watch well-coached footy side who play for each other!

A lot of opposition supporters in this thread (gathering up the easy likes from the Doggies posters! ) thanking us, appreciating our style of play, wishing us well for the next two games, and I'm not sure why, but this one is my favourite. Thanks for the eloquent, humble, sincere post, friend. Welcome on this board any time you like.

Who's the bloke sitting next to Lin? Adams?

View attachment 290075

I can tell you all why he has so much foot trouble....

Poor bloke has the skinniest little set of kiddy ankles I've ever seen on a bloke that size. Was standing 10 feet away from him inside the entrance to gate 1 pre-match, and I reckon I was just staring at his ankles the whole time!!!

The lovely better half spent some $$$ and got us passes to be part of the guard of honour pre-match (when else would we get the opportunity?!) so just thought I'd share some grabs I took quickly while out there. Probably won't mean much to anyone, but still will share the love!

337de769d394271fd5d9953c5e09fc04.jpg

This one didn't work too well as we were getting bundled off the ground, but you can see Mitch being interviewed on the left side...
568488177bd0c91718615cb649d6099a.jpg

Celebration time!

Compulsory winning scoreboard shot!!!
7f2bcfb5ba7230ef477a15646704b219.jpg

So happy for you all.Joy for my better half and grandson.
We will all be barracking just as hard next week.
Impressive team and ultra impressive coach.
Go.Doggies
The boys had a fantastic weekend down there. The little bloke even got on TV .when they were interviewing the old guy waiting for tickets at Written Oval on Sunday. Good luck tomorrow night.Time to break the Preliminary Final hoodoo.
Go.Doggies.!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played well. He also missed an easy one running into open goal - shocking yips.

Yep, but what makes Hunter so good is that he never drops his head and gives it all.

This is a long shot but did anyone happen to find a bulldogs ladies jacket in row GG behind the cheer squad last Friday? It had a blue purse and house keys in it. We left it behind but didn't realise until we got to the station, went back and it was gone...

This is a long shot but did anyone happen to find a bulldogs ladies jacket in row GG behind the cheer squad last Friday? It had a blue purse and house keys in it. We left it behind but didn't realise until we got to the station, went back and it was gone...
Someone left a jacket in front of us which had a purse in it. Looked to see if there was a name in it but didn't see keys. We were in HH so sounds like the one. I left it there sorry
:( Was that you I gave the kids jacket to?

Checked with lost property at the G?

Someone left a jacket in front of us which had a purse in it. Looked to see if there was a name in it but didn't see keys. We were in HH so sounds like the one. I left it there sorry
:( Was that you I gave the kids jacket to?
Argh! yeah sounds like that was our jacket... damn!
Checked with lost property at the G?
yeah we did, but alas I think it's gone.

He played well. He also missed an easy one running into open goal - shocking yips.

To be kinda fair, I was directly behind him when he was running in for that and you could just tell he was going to miss. Angle was horrible for a left footer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back