SFNL Division 1 2023 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder where the big City ruckman , Shem will end up ??

Not much recruiting news around that clubs apart from Dingley announcing TDL.

Anyone got any news???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone got any news???

My guess Shem will be perhaps playing out of barwon somewhere…

Anyone got any news???

He did he knee half way through the season. My guess is no where

Heard this today new committee at St.Kilda City has lost some members of the committee already not a good start if this is the case.

Did they lose their treasurer who also wanted to coach ??? Maybe they don’t have a problem anymore!!

Heard this today new committee at St.Kilda City has lost some members of the committee already not a good start if this is the case.
More to the point that Mel Starr sounds like a mover & shaker & no sh!t taker. Would appear that she is injecting a by the book, new style of governance at the Peanut Farm that members of the old firm aren't accustomed to & its rubbing the "that's not how we've always done things" committee men up the wrong way.

Get on the bus North man or be left at the platform

More to the point that Mel Starr sounds like a mover & shaker & no sh!t taker. Would appear that she is injecting a by the book, new style of governance at the Peanut Farm that members of the old firm aren't accustomed to & its rubbing the "that's not how we've always done things" committee men up the wrong way.

Hearing good reports about Mel

Tough gig at that club. The area is not inclined to young families and you even have to pay for parking during games as it’s St Kilda. Great to see them still going in todays market. Good luck to Hammer as coach. Tough gig!

What happened to Vinnie who stepped up to coach.

Tough gig at that club. The area is not inclined to young families and you even have to pay for parking during games as it’s St Kilda. Great to see them still going in todays market. Good luck to Hammer as coach. Tough gig!

What happened to Vinnie who stepped up to coach.
I don't think the old firm paid him for his time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing good reports about Mel
Check the city Facebook site, hopefully they will be able to rebuild a well run community based club. I‘d encourage anyone who can help out in anyway in what seems to be very unusual and difficult circumstances to do so.

Check the city Facebook site, hopefully they will be able to rebuild a well run community based club. I‘d encourage anyone who can help out in anyway in what seems to be very unusual and difficult circumstances to do so.
Unfortunately for Mel there won't be too many dipping into their pockets now that St Kilda City are rattling the tins. Not after the way the previous regime ran the club, bent of broke rules & who was involved in their "coterie group". I truly feel sorry for her but commend her for putting the club on the straight & narrow & steering the club away from the men in the shadows.

Richard paid for a lot of things over the years out of his own pocket, sometimes including season affiliation fees, such was the unprofessionalism from the previous "committee" . No one just throws out stuff like that, especially football equipment

whowantstoknow what do you reckon?

Unfortunately for Mel there won't be too many dipping into their pockets now that St Kilda City are rattling the tins. Not after the way the previous regime ran the club, bent of broke rules & who was involved in their "coterie group". I truly feel sorry for her but commend her for putting the club on the straight & narrow & steering the club away from the men in the shadows.

Richard paid for a lot of things over the years out of his own pocket, sometimes including season affiliation fees, such was the unprofessionalism from the previous "committee" . No one just throws out stuff like that, especially football equipment

whowantstoknow what do you reckon?
I’m not an insider and only know what I’ve read and been told. In the short time Houston was back at city I think the events speak for themselves. I’m sure the league, the council who owned some of what’s missing and others are looking into what happened down there. I wish the new team all the best and hope people get behind them and show some support.

I’m not an insider and only know what I’ve read and been told. In the short time Houston was back at city I think the events speak for themselves. I’m sure the league, the council who owned some of what’s missing and others are looking into what happened down there. I wish the new team all the best and hope people get behind them and show some support.
Houston was never really committed to St Kilda City and only took on the president role to appoint himself coach. I never saw Houston once at a home game when the ressies were playing. The club needed work at the time and Houston just let it slide down further.

Yep, will be the saviour their !!!
The bloke destroys clubs wherever he goes .

He is cancer . Nobody likes him at the clubs .
Just a s**t person to have at your club

Agree with that. Would not describe Houston as toxic, but he does do some crazy things and always seems to create a mess then leave.
Moorabbin Kangaroos have been quietly rising as a friendly local club with many loyal supporters. Hope Houston does not screw up the great work done by others to lift Moorabbin.

Mel Starr is making some good noises, but has her own issues that will probably defeat her efforts at City.
Mel alienates a lot of blokes and plays politics that don't work at footy clubs.

Heard from a mate who has been on the committee and a volunteer at City for many many years that almost all the long standing volunteers at City have decided to step aside because of the rudeness and hostility of Mel Starr.

Looks like City will sink further before maybe rising again,

Mel Starr is making some good noises, but has her own issues that will probably defeat her efforts at City.
Mel alienates a lot of blokes and plays politics that don't work at footy clubs.

Heard from a mate who has been on the committee and a volunteer at City for many many years that almost all the long standing volunteers at City have decided to step aside because of the rudeness and hostility of Mel Starr.

Time will tell. Unfortunately a lot of the old guard were happy to sit back and watch the club go downhill. where was the committee when the president appointed himself as coach? New era, new pres, new committee, new way of doing business

Jeeeeeez Mordi will struggle if Mitch leaves, hopefully his brother doesn't follow....
Hearing Bentleigh are hopeful of picking up Tim O'brien. Would be a good get.

Early predictions for next season but feel Mordi or Chelsea are destined to go down..... Could see East Brighton playing finals, they are flying and will undoubtedly pick up players. Are an older side though so I do wonder if some players have called it quits to end on a high.

Also what a grand final! Seriously good stuff. RSEA was pumping and the crowd was great, around 4000 people.
Now imagine a Cheltenham V Dingley or Bentleigh V St Paul's grand final... 5K+
Enjoy the off season :thumbsu:
Did new mordy coach once coach Clayton approx 10 years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back