SFNL Division 1 2023 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely its Chelt !!! They couldn't choke for the 3rd season in a row ?? or could they ?? Conrats to both teams for making it through to the GF. Should be a great game.
Hopefully Chelt , they deserve it . The other mob should be in another league

Is the new competition going to be amateur with no players getting paid as if any old VAFA clubs who come into this new competition won’t be able to pay players from Day 1 and will struggle against clubs that do pay players.
Things that can be worked out , this would be great if it could work out . Some VAFA clubs would relish the lack of travel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowd predictions for today? Great figures so far, with 1500+ at div 4, 2600 at div 3 and 1500+ again at div 2.

Surely tops 3-4k at Linton St. Awesome draw card for the league.

Cranny do it again. Schooled Chelt on the big stage once again
Hang on….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
What a game and what a great finish. Well done Cheltenham on never giving up. With a minute to go I thought Cranbourne had won the game when they snapped a goal from the boundary to hit the front but the umpired called a push in the back to a Cheltenham player and the goal was disallowed. The siren went about 30 seconds later. Exciting stuff. Took my camcorder and videod the last half which I'll put on YouTube in a couple of days. I'll post the YouTube link on this forum. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Outstanding Game, full credit to both teams. The Venue also excellent, fantastic crowd [ no trouble with Alcohol ] take note VAFA.
To the winners, great respect for playing the game to the end, just goes to show, how the game is never over. Well deserved to Des and the clubs committee. To the VAFA knobs who continue to put the SFNL down, take a chill pill.

Cranbourne v Cheltenham Grand Final. Here's my last HALF game day scenes in what will go down in SFNL history as an epic battle with an incredible come-from-behind finish.

Watch for these highlights:
- 26:30 minute - great mark by Cheltenham's number 44
- 51:50 minute - Cheltenham unbelievably hits the front in the last quarter - the crowd goes wild
- 55:50 minute - Cranbourne almost kicks a miracle goal that would have won them the premiership only to have the ball teasingly bounce across the face of goal. In the meantime, a free kick is paid to Cheltenham for a push-in-the-back. The final siren sounds 30 seconds later. It was all happening!!
- watch for the delirious tsunami tidal wave of Cheltenham supporters descend on the players after the final siren.

Gotta luv suburban footy.

Last edited:
Cranbourne v Cheltenham Grand Final. Here's my last HALF game day scenes in what will go down in SFNL history as an epic battle with an incredible come-from-behind finish.

Watch for these highlights:
  • 26:30 minute - great mark by Cheltenham's number 44
  • 51:50 minute - Cheltenham unbelievably hits the front in the last quarter - the crowd goes wild
  • 55:50 minute - Cranbourne kicks a miracle goal that would have won them the premiership only to have it disallowed because of a push-in-the-back free. The final siren sounds 30 seconds later.
  • watch for the delirious tsunami tidal wave of Cheltenham supporters descend on the players after the final siren.

Gotta luv suburban footy.

Well done on posting. One correction though, - 55.50 , it was not a goal . Did not make the distance and bounced across the face .

Well done on posting. One correction though, - 55.50 , it was not a goal . Did not make the distance and bounced across the face .

I've had a look at the video again and you're right - exactly as you described did not make the distance and bounced across the face.
Thanks - I've adjusted my post accordingly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back