SFNL Division 1 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard they are spruiking they have the best midfield in the comp and believe they will finish in top 4 if not top 2.

That’s very confident coming up a division.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Midfield would be our strength.
Top 2 would be a pipe dream.
Top 4/5 seems a lock based on previous comments?
Chelt
Springy
Dingley
Colts
Cranbourne
Like the rest of the teams we will be trying to knock them off and upset the apple cart
What says you Yabblett?

Midfield would be our strength.
Top 2 would be a pipe dream.
Top 4/5 seems a lock based on previous comments?
Chelt
Springy
Dingley
Colts
Cranbourne
Like the rest of the teams we will be trying to knock them off and upset the apple cart
What says you Yabblett?

Think Dingley and Chelt got top 2.
Although a lot will depend on the availability of the vfl listed players .
Stpauls , districts and EB sling with colts and cranny .

Geez the comp has improved and will be competitive with more depth in the league .

Reckon there might be only 1 easy game this year where as in the past there were 4 or 5.

Geez the comp has improved and will be competitive with more depth in the league .

Reckon there might be only 1 easy game this year where as in the past there were 4 or 5.

Agreed. Comp looks to be in fantastic condition and looks to be improving each year. Hard for me to judge the other teams in Division 1 to closely coming up from Division 2. But we are confident we will be able to give every team a run for their money and excited by the prospect of taking on the best in our league.

Peninsula All Stars will make the finals. Mark my words with their list anything short would probably be seen as a fail. Only thing I see that might hold them back is a bit of depth, however won the last 2 x D2 reserve grade flags. I do agree Chelt and Dingley will probably go 1 & 2, Springy and Port Colts.
Cranbourne to fall away and just miss out. St Paul’s pushing it as well.
Yeah for poor old Mordy it could be a very long season!!

Screenshot 2024-03-08 153649.png

can anyone with a herald sun subscription post this leader article in here please? Cheers

Sippos a big recruit for Dingley. Won’t play every game due to Hawks commitments but if the hawks don’t make finals will be a handy player for Dingley in their finals

How will East Brighton shape up in div 1 ?. Up in Seymour, had an association with "Tugga" in his all too brief time up here so keen to follow.

How will East Brighton shape up in div 1 ?. Up in Seymour, had an association with "Tugga" in his all too brief time up here so keen to follow.
The All Stars will be up there with a few others battling it out for the last 2-3 final spots. Why was his time brief at Seymour?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The All Stars will be up there with a few others battling it out for the last 2-3 final spots. Why was his time brief at Seymour?

All Stars lost by ten points against Rosebud today. Thought we would’ve done better playing at home on the Ninch to be honest

All Stars lost by ten points against Rosebud today. Thought we would’ve done better playing at home on the Ninch to be honest

Were both teams at full strength? Rosebud have recruited heavily this season so a good effort to get close

Were both teams at full strength? Rosebud have recruited heavily this season so a good effort to get close

Think both sides were missing a few. Lot of the Rosebud recruits play VFL, so not sure how many of those signings will play each week

Great to see an ex SFNL player making it to AFL level yesterday, even though their returns were minimal. A great story

Any updates from the weekend? I know Caufield and East Brighton teed off along with Bentleigh and Murrumbeena. Would be interested to see the results from the D1 V D2 clashes

Any updates from the weekend? I know Caufield and East Brighton teed off along with Bentleigh and Murrumbeena. Would be interested to see the results from the D1 V D2 clashes

Bentleigh 2s had a comprehensive win over Beena 2s/3rds

I'm not sure who won the seniors but at one stage in was a goal difference with scores in the 50s.. (Sorry I have nothing else)

Predictions?
East Brighton handsomely take care of Mordi who will struggle to win a game 10+ goals
Springvale will take the choccies over Dingley and will be amassive threat with all their new recruits 1-4 goals
Port Colts will eventually pull away from a tiring Chelsea in the second half, 3-5 goals
Cheltenham will give a Holt-less Cranbourne a bit of a shock I believe, 5+ goals here
St Paul's in a tight one vs the next door neighbour Bentleigh, always game of the round for me as I'm a sucker for a local derby, especially one at night, 1-4 goals

Predictions?
East Brighton handsomely take care of Mordi who will struggle to win a game 10+ goals
Springvale will take the choccies over Dingley and will be amassive threat with all their new recruits 1-4 goals
Port Colts will eventually pull away from a tiring Chelsea in the second half, 3-5 goals
Cheltenham will give a Holt-less Cranbourne a bit of a shock I believe, 5+ goals here
St Paul's in a tight one vs the next door neighbour Bentleigh, always game of the round for me as I'm a sucker for a local derby, especially one at night, 1-4 goals
Peninsula All Stars
Dingley
Port Colts
Cheltenham
St Paul’s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back