SFNL Division 1 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Lonie going to Cheltenham

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If I was a club I wouldn’t announce any new recruits until they hit the track. So many clubs sprout they have picked up this and that and for that player then to change his mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stand corrected yes you are right. Seaford did announce a month or two ago that he had re-signed. Just goes to prove that contracts mean stuff all in local footy.

Clubs trying to get on the front foot too soon after the season finishes.
Pretty sure they wrote that he had re-committed , that doesn’t mean they have signed .
Should never announce unless they have signed the contract .

Some gun recruits already it seems....
Chelt losing Fox was big. Although a couple seasons back Fox barely played due to work commitments if I recall and Chelt got by fine.
Adding Jacob Edwards and Jack Lonie is huge. Can only see them getting better as the kids get another pre-season under the belt. I imagine they will pick up a couple more too.
A Holt-less Cranbourne will be a strange sight. Have been pretty quiet this offseason so early predictions I have them losing a couple more games next season.
Dingley have recruited brilliantly. Getting lots of very talented kids back who used to play for the juniors. Horsley must be doing something right. Will be cherry ripe to challenge Chelt.
Springy are going about their business well. Watch this space.
East Brighton will be very competitive.... added some signings and I can see them sneaking in the top 5.
Bentleigh looking very quiet on the signings front and outgoings. Been told they've had a couple new blokes who are doing VFL preseasons but don't quote me on that. Might be backing in their youth for this season? They'll be wanting finals soon.
Chelsea have recruited plenty but unsure on the quality of players. They'll be aiming for a couple more wins next season. 2 of their 3 last season were against City which I think masked just how thin their squad was and went out in a bit of a whimper.
Mordi...... are shot. Losing their best 3 players in the Brown brothers and captain Gregson. Have seemingly raided St Bede's but by all account most of those blokes are fringe 1s players. Have got them for the drop.
Colts looking quite good if Shem is fit all year and Caddy is still around for a few games. Shoe in for finals.
St Paul's are a tricky one. Lost Muller unfortunately but they have a few gun young players. However their depth is concerning and unless they fill that void I struggle to see them playing in September.

Some gun recruits already it seems....
Chelt losing Fox was big. Although a couple seasons back Fox barely played due to work commitments if I recall and Chelt got by fine.
Adding Jacob Edwards and Jack Lonie is huge. Can only see them getting better as the kids get another pre-season under the belt. I imagine they will pick up a couple more too.
A Holt-less Cranbourne will be a strange sight. Have been pretty quiet this offseason so early predictions I have them losing a couple more games next season.
Dingley have recruited brilliantly. Getting lots of very talented kids back who used to play for the juniors. Horsley must be doing something right. Will be cherry ripe to challenge Chelt.
Springy are going about their business well. Watch this space.
East Brighton will be very competitive.... added some signings and I can see them sneaking in the top 5.
Bentleigh looking very quiet on the signings front and outgoings. Been told they've had a couple new blokes who are doing VFL preseasons but don't quote me on that. Might be backing in their youth for this season? They'll be wanting finals soon.
Chelsea have recruited plenty but unsure on the quality of players. They'll be aiming for a couple more wins next season. 2 of their 3 last season were against City which I think masked just how thin their squad was and went out in a bit of a whimper.
Mordi...... are shot. Losing their best 3 players in the Brown brothers and captain Gregson. Have seemingly raided St Bede's but by all account most of those blokes are fringe 1s players. Have got them for the drop.
Colts looking quite good if Shem is fit all year and Caddy is still around for a few games. Shoe in for finals.
St Paul's are a tricky one. Lost Muller unfortunately but they have a few gun young players. However their depth is concerning and unless they fill that void I struggle to see them playing in September.

Great summary, thanks .
Chelt with Jack Lonie and now Sam Dunell is huge.
Must be tight on points with these 2 plus Jacob Edwards

Great summary, thanks .
Chelt with Jack Lonie and now Sam Dunell is huge.
Must be tight on points with these 2 plus Jacob Edwards

Lonie at his third Club in 3 years now and Dunell is 34 start of next Season so who knows ….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back