Recommitted Shaun Atley [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent - another North Melbourne troll. Because we didn't have anywhere near enough of those already. :rolleyes:

Atley wouldn't be in Carlton's top 10 players, but I would have thought you'd consider him better than "half-decent".

Am I trolling? It's not a secret that Carlton are playing a lot of youngsters, 90% of which are currently below average footballers at this stage of their development.

Even Charlie Curnow, with his dazzling future ahead of him, wasn't as good as Atley last year. I'd also say the same about Weitering, Petrevski-Seton and Marchbank, who while great for their age, weren't better players than a 150+ gamer in the prime of his career.

Since when is 26 turning 27 old ? This whole age thing is getting ridiculous. In a few years supporters won’t want to touch anyone over 25.
Regardless of how good atley is. A player arriving at club at the age of 26 with little to no injuries would be entering the prime of their footballing careers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not really about Atley getting 'old' but more about being 9 years in the system without significant improvement. Clubs would prefer to take a punt on an 18yr old. But, as I said, some clubs might see something in him that could contribute in a specific way. DeBoer and Trengove were both given life-lines, so what would I know?

That's nice, but it has nothing to do with your initial post nor my response.

You're welcome to troll if you choose to do so, but I don't think it's too much to ask that you limit it to Bay 13 so that those who actually want to talk football don't have to read your garbage.

So your first post in the thread was to say I'm dumb and can't have an opinion on other clubs because of who I support, but you're taking the high horse on talking garbage? Okay mate. Have a good one.

It's not really about Atley getting 'old' but more about being 9 years in the system without significant improvement. Clubs would prefer to take a punt on an 18yr old. But, as I said, some clubs might see something in him that could contribute in a specific way. DeBoer and Trengove were both given life-lines, so what would I know?

Atley did have his best year last year in the system.
He will never be a star and hasn’t lived up to what most thought he would become early on in his career. But some clubs potentially in a premiership window might see an average player that they could potentially turn into an above average player under their guidance. At the very least a club might see a role atley could play that an 18 year couldn’t perform straight up or ever.

They get any more outside players and they will line up in the front row of the bleachers.
Well it's not like you need to go in and get the footy any more.
Anyone who does that is immediately jumped on and penalised.

Am I trolling? It's not a secret that Carlton are playing a lot of youngsters, 90% of which are currently below average footballers at this stage of their development.

Even Charlie Curnow, with his dazzling future ahead of him, wasn't as good as Atley last year. I'd also say the same about Weitering, Petrevski-Seton and Marchbank, who while great for their age, weren't better players than a 150+ gamer in the prime of his career.

Yeah, I'd say your initial comment that I responded to was a pretty ordinary one in isolation, which is why it was responded to. Good to see you put a bit more effort into the explanation though.

So your first post in the thread was to say I'm dumb and can't have an opinion on other clubs because of who I support, but you're taking the high horse on talking garbage? Okay mate. Have a good one.

I didn't say you can't have an opinion.

I just said it's laughable you'd choose to try and stick the boots into another club regarding club support and attendance given you're a North Melbourne supporter.

I reckon this will keep me laughing for a good month. No offence mate, but you're a dead set shockin judge.

Snakey boy, I can't imagine how excited you are to see Dusty and Kelly line up for the Roos on the weekend.

Snakey boy, I can't imagine how excited you are to see Dusty and Kelly line up for the Roos on the weekend.

Not really affected one way or the other, but frame it however you like if it helps you get through the day.

Atley did have his best year last year in the system.
He will never be a star and hasn’t lived up to what most thought he would become early on in his career. But some clubs potentially in a premiership window might see an average player that they could potentially turn into an above average player under their guidance. At the very least a club might see a role atley could play that an 18 year couldn’t perform straight up or ever.

Yeah, good point. Coaches like Ross Lyon and John Longmire like 'role players' who can be given a job and stick to the task. He might fit into this category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marc Murphy
Patrick Cripps
Kade Simpson
Caleb Marchbank
Jacob Weitering
Matthew Kennedy
Sam Petrevski Seton
Charlie Curnow
Ed Curnow
Zac Fisher
Matthew Kruezer
Liam Jones
Lachie Plowman
Matthew Wright
Paddy Dow
Levi Casboult
Jack Silvagni

All of these players would be picked before Atley would be considered and there are several others I'd comfortable rate above him. He would not be considered a long term option so he would struggle to get a consistent game
You think Zac Fisher will outperform Shaun Atley in 2018?

You listed a player that has never played before. He might be the next Judd or he might be the next Fiora.

And you need a history lesson - it’s the Blues that spend large period of time at the bottom of the ladder not us. This is fact - not an opinion.
You say Delusional but fail to explain why its delusional ?

A player who was a high draft pick currently has more value than Atley and is of a higher value , If i was to say that Castagna is worth more than LDU or Is a better player than LDU would you agree with me ? No but when the shoe is on the other foot it becomes delusional

Dont get the reasoning WB

You say Delusional but fail to explain why its delusional ?

A player who was a high draft pick currently has more value than Atley and is of a higher value , If i was to say that Castagna is worth more than LDU or Is a better player than LDU would you agree with me ? No but when the shoe is on the other foot it becomes delusional

Dont get the reasoning WB
Did you follow the debate? The poster said Dow was better than Atley.

Every draft has flops in the top 10. I never posted Atley was more valuable. Dow could be the next Judd or the next Fiora. Once we know which you can make the claim of who is better.

Do you think he was better than Atley last year?
Surly he can’t answer that with anything but - hell no!!!

But this year maybe different as we all know in the off season every Carlton player becomes twice as good as the year before. It’s simple Blues physics.

Surly he can’t answer that with anything but - hell no!!!

But this year maybe different as we all know in the off season every Carlton player becomes twice as good as the year before. It’s simple Blues physics.
Until they get hit by the tigs in rd 1

Just admit you're wrong, mate. He'd be a top 15 player at Carlton.
Nope. He wouldn't be in the top 15 picked. Sam Kerridge is technically "better" right now than some of our youngsters but we continue to invest in youth because it will pay long term divendends. That's not my opinion, that's the clubs philosophy. A 25 year old with not a huge amount of upside in Atley would not be a first 15 picked. He would definately play some games but would be on the fringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back