Sheedy says 4 interchange and cap rotations

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...should-be-capped/story-e6frf3e3-1226310757967

I like 3 interchange and 1 sub for permanently injured game day players, even 4 and 1 if we have to

Cap the rotations to 20 a quarter.

The press, the flood, the uber zone all equal boring and slow footy, I may as well watch soccer. Teams this year appear to want to move the ball faster however, which hopefully will help the spectacle.

What about a minimum time for a player to be on the field, say, you can't be interchanged unless your current "spell" is 8 or 10 minutes.

What about a minimum time for a player to be on the field, say, you can't be interchanged unless your current "spell" is 8 or 10 minutes.

Injury after 1 minute? What happens? Who determines the injury?

You're just introducing more grey areas that don't need to be there.

Same as capping rotations. Who is going to count them and what is the penalty going to be for having too many rotations?

More grey areas.

Sub has worked well, no need to tamper with it further at this stage.

Same as capping rotations. Who is going to count them and what is the penalty going to be for having too many rotations?

More grey areas.

In rugby they have capped rotations, but it's not counted if a player is injured and taken off the ground.

I'd like the idea of capped rotations per quarter under a similar criteria, but agree the grey area is what penalty is allocated for teams in breach of it.

I just wish we'd get rid of these silly zoning tactics and flooding and forward presses and other oddly named crappola, and go back to proper footy!

I just wish we'd get rid of these silly zoning tactics and flooding and forward presses and other oddly named crappola, and go back to proper footy!

Easy, draw a line down the centre of the ground and restrict the number of players per team allowed in either half of the ground. Would need some fine tuning of course.

Easy, draw a line down the centre of the ground and restrict the number of players per team allowed in either half of the ground. Would need some fine tuning of course.

Yes, that would work. we could even nominate certain players that were only allowed in a certain part of the ground. the could wear some identifying marker - maybe bibs with 'GK, WD, C etc' written on them.

I think every time a coach says anything about the rules, the entire foorball media should just tell them to shut up and go away.

Yes, that would work. we could even nominate certain players that were only allowed in a certain part of the ground. the could wear some identifying marker - maybe bibs with 'GK, WD, C etc' written on them.

I think every time a coach says anything about the rules, the entire foorball media should just tell them to shut up and go away.

Agreed 100%

I think footy in the last couple of years has been pretty darned good actually - when played by good teams.

There are always going to be rubbish teams around, but the spectacle has certainly improved since 2005-06 in particular.

Why don't they just go back to the simple 4 bench players and leave it at that. The system wasn't broken so why did they have to change it? While they're at they should change back the advantage rule.

Game is ruined by the umpires far too much.

Why don't they just go back to the simple 4 bench players and leave it at that. The system wasn't broken so why did they have to change it?

^^ This. :thumbsu:
There's way too much fiddling, every year something new comes in.

I like it.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...should-be-capped/story-e6frf3e3-1226310757967

I like 3 interchange and 1 sub for permanently injured game day players, even 4 and 1 if we have to

Cap the rotations to 20 a quarter.

The press, the flood, the uber zone all equal boring and slow footy, I may as well watch soccer. Teams this year appear to want to move the ball faster however, which hopefully will help the spectacle.

Been asking for this since 08. Thought it was the obvious, most effective solution.

Now Sheeds is agreeing with me. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More grey areas.

i agree with your first point about someone suggest a rule where a player has to be on the ground for a period of time before he can be replaced. that's way too hard to keep track of.

but the capping rotations is easy. who's going to count them?? an interchange steward. what's the penalty?? if you've used you're 20th rotation and a guy has to come off, then you're playing one short....

i don't think their should be a penalty for using more than the alloted interchange players. up to the stewards to count them. same as a 7 ball or 5 ball over in cricket. neither team attracts a penalty. it's up to the umpires.

if a team is worried then you can also employ someone to count and check up on the stewards....

while tactics are successful they will get used.....

the problem was the game was getting too fast

this is because the afl changed the kick-in rule to speed up the game

this had a flow on effect to every area of the game, but of corse, like americans, the AFL administration will never admit to being wrong, they just go about making more changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back