Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok hot shot, did Renshaw deserve to be dropped form the Australian side in your opinion. I’m going to assume you say yes then I’m going to ask why Bancroft is being afforded more lives when his output has been diabolical. Or is Renshaw simply the ‘fall guy’ whilst CA now decide to pick and stick?

Just remember I’m one of the ones that is pushing for your boy Maxwell to be afforded the same luxuries.

This maybe a road but all of Bancroft’s shield runs have been on roads in non pressure situations against non superior bowling attacks and his only meaningful test contribution has been an 80 odd not out on a pitch offering zilch in a sub 200 run chase with no pressure once they got through the first hour unscathed.

They were better off sticking with Renshaw because he has looked the far more composed batsman at test level, has age on his side, can chew up the new ball very well and doesn’t play many rash shots and has more upside. They’ve backed themselves in a corner by picking Bancroft and sticking with him because of a couple of shield innings whilst Renshaw struggled but looks to have turned the corner the last few matches.

Renshaw at the very least should have been in the touring party for SA do you not agree?
So who are you going to drop from the squad touring SA?

So who are you going to drop from the squad touring SA?

Handscomb for mine. But if Renshaw isn’t going to play I would rather him play Shield Cricket than tour and sit on the sidelines

Ok hot shot, did Renshaw deserve to be dropped form the Australian side in your opinion. I’m going to assume you say yes then I’m going to ask why Bancroft is being afforded more lives when his output has been diabolical. Or is Renshaw simply the ‘fall guy’ whilst CA now decide to pick and stick?

Just remember I’m one of the ones that is pushing for your boy Maxwell to be afforded the same luxuries.

This maybe a road but all of Bancroft’s shield runs have been on roads in non pressure situations against non superior bowling attacks and his only meaningful test contribution has been an 80 odd not out on a pitch offering zilch in a sub 200 run chase with no pressure once they got through the first hour unscathed.

They were better off sticking with Renshaw because he has looked the far more composed batsman at test level, has age on his side, can chew up the new ball very well and doesn’t play many rash shots and has more upside. They’ve backed themselves in a corner by picking Bancroft and sticking with him because of a couple of shield innings whilst Renshaw struggled but looks to have turned the corner the last few matches.

Renshaw at the very least should have been in the touring party for SA do you not agree?
Bancroft has made more than useful contribution. There has been other times where he has seen off the new ball, such as the time he got run out in Sydney. If Renshaw had scored runs before the first Ashes test, he probably would have picked but the selectors were right in picking Bancroft. He was making too many runs to ignore. I think Renshaw will turn out to be a fine player, but he needs to churn the runs out at first class level before he is picked again.

Well at the game today, Renshaw looked like he was taking the piss. Yes it was a road, but this is one of the better domestic cricket attacks going around. A few notes from the ground:

1. Ahmed bowled terribly. Could not find the right length at all, and I honestly thought he was lucky that Renshaw only took 16 from that over. Missed a half tracker (with no deep mid wicket) and sliced a half volley for 2. Could have easily been a 20+ run over.
2. Stats will say that Trem was the best bowler but I disagree. Bowled a 4th/5th stump line that consistently would have gone over the stumps. It was easy to leave the ball.
3. Boland bowled really well. Pick of them for me, consistent line and length.
4. Charlie Hemphrey is absolutely terrible. Could barely hit Ahmed off the square when Fawad was bowling half trackers galore.
5. Victoria's fielding was abysmal other than Vines (who took two really good catches), especially off Short, who had about 5 harbour bridges costing him 2-3 runs every time.
6. Short did okay as a part timer. Likely to get shouted down for this but outbowled Ahmed IMO.
7. Most of the wickets (other than Boland's) were batsmen getting themselves out, rather than the bowling. Labuschagne could have left it, Hemphrey fell to the most obvious trap in the book and Renshaw was unnecessary.
8. Gotch got jibbed with 4 byes from a ball that was missing leg stump by a metre. Kept poorly today though, his footwork was below par.
9. This game will be a draw.

Cricinfo has listed 3 umpires for this match.

Anyone know what the deal with that is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also not sure about the word on Siddle but it looked like he broke his hand. Hope he's okay.

Assumed they won the toss when I got into the ground. *s sake Whitey

Also not sure about the word on Siddle but it looked like he broke his hand. Hope he's okay.

Assumed they won the toss when I got into the ground. ****s sake Whitey

It stopped me going to Shield games on day 1 as we always bloody bowled first!!!

Today I was in the city and at one stage across the road from the G but seeing we were bowling I had no intention of calling in to watch at all

Maybe Monday will be set up for a great finish

It stopped me going to Shield games on day 1 as we always bloody bowled first!!!

Today I was in the city and at one stage across the road from the G but seeing we were bowling I had no intention of calling in to watch at all

Maybe Monday will be set up for a great finish
I went purely because it was the only day I could watch a full days play. Honestly as well, it was enjoyable despite the fact we were s**t. Renshaw looked classy as all hell.

Well at the game today, Renshaw looked like he was taking the piss. Yes it was a road, but this is one of the better domestic cricket attacks going around. A few notes from the ground:

1. Ahmed bowled terribly. Could not find the right length at all, and I honestly thought he was lucky that Renshaw only took 16 from that over. Missed a half tracker (with no deep mid wicket) and sliced a half volley for 2. Could have easily been a 20+ run over.
2. Stats will say that Trem was the best bowler but I disagree. Bowled a 4th/5th stump line that consistently would have gone over the stumps. It was easy to leave the ball.
3. Boland bowled really well. Pick of them for me, consistent line and length.
4. Charlie Hemphrey is absolutely terrible. Could barely hit Ahmed off the square when Fawad was bowling half trackers galore.
5. Victoria's fielding was abysmal other than Vines (who took two really good catches), especially off Short, who had about 5 harbour bridges costing him 2-3 runs every time.
6. Short did okay as a part timer. Likely to get shouted down for this but outbowled Ahmed IMO.
7. Most of the wickets (other than Boland's) were batsmen getting themselves out, rather than the bowling. Labuschagne could have left it, Hemphrey fell to the most obvious trap in the book and Renshaw was unnecessary.
8. Gotch got jibbed with 4 byes from a ball that was missing leg stump by a metre. Kept poorly today though, his footwork was below par.
9. This game will be a draw.

How were Heazlett and Wildermuth looking if you don't mind me asking? I'm really hoping both can cash in on some promise for a big score.

Good to see Renshaw among the runs but disappointed that he decided to go all Mark Waugh and throw his wicket away after a big score like that.

Overall very encouraging to see these 2 and Renshaw score against a very good bowling attack, even if it is on the Hume Highway.

How were Heazlett and Wildermuth looking if you don't mind me asking? I'm really hoping both can cash in on some promise for a big score.

Good to see Renshaw among the runs but disappointed that he decided to go all Mark Waugh and throw his wicket away after a big score like that.

Overall very encouraging to see these 2 and Renshaw score against a very good bowling attack, even if it is on the Hume Highway.
Heazlett looked pretty untroubled, seemed to be trying to be a rock that Renshaw and Wildermuth (and Peirson I expect) to build around.

Wildermuth was really aggressive. If he bats the session this morning expect him to be on 110/120 if he continues in the same vein of aggressiveness (if not 130/140)

Queensland should be declaring at about 550 halfway through the middle session IMO. Maybe even 600.

The vics coverage of the shield is truly awful.

Hoping for a Pucovski ton and some runs from Short today!

The vics coverage of the shield is truly awful.

Hoping for a Pucovski ton and some runs from Short today!
Yeah some runs from Short will make things interesting with Finch and Maxi returning next game and Pucovski now locked in.

Reckon we definitely choose Vines over Dean too. But they might both miss out if Short goes big.

Pucovski showing why he's so highly rated by CV it seems. So glad he seems to be getting over his concussion issues.

Yeah some runs from Short will make things interesting with Finch and Maxi returning next game and Pucovski now locked in.

Reckon we definitely choose Vines over Dean too. But they might both miss out if Short goes big.
I would rule that out. Finch or Maxy won't open. Short seems like the most likely to miss given Maxwell's bowling makes his less necessary.

Back