Sheffield Shield Round 9: QLD v VIC @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Shield Round 9: QLD v VIC @ Gabba
Saturday 5th Feb 2016 - Tuesday 8th Feb 2016

Queensland (2nd 38.16 points) v Victoria (1st 45.12 points)

Top of the table clash between two sides who are both coming off losses. An outright win will guarantee the Bushrangers the hosting rights for the final.

Queensland XII
  • Chris HARTLEY (c)(+)
  • Joe BURNS
  • Peter GEORGE
  • Sam HEAZLETT
  • Charlie HEMPHREY
  • James HOPES
  • Chris LYNN
  • Michael NESER
  • Matthew RENSHAW
  • Mark STEKETEE
  • Mitch SWEPSON
  • Jack WILDERMUTH
In: Burns, Neser
Out: Marnus LABUSCHAGNE (omitted)

Such is the strength of the Bulls batting line up that Labuschagne, who made a century in the last round against WA, makes way for returning Test opener Burns.

Victoria XIII
  • Peter HANDSCOMB (c)
  • Fawad AHMED
  • Scott BOLAND
  • Dan CHRISTIAN
  • Travis DEAN
  • Sam HARPER (+)
  • Ian HOLLAND
  • Jon HOLLAND
  • Rob QUINEY
  • Jake REED
  • Marcus STOINIS
  • Chris TREMAIN
  • Cameron WHITE
In: Harper, I.Holland, J.Holland, Quiney
Out: Aaron AYRE (omitted), Matthew WADE (personal)

Wade is staying behind in Melbourne to witness the birth of his first child.

Weather
  • Saturday 21-31 Possible shower.
  • Sunday 22-30 Possible shower.
  • Monday 21-31 Possible shower.
  • Tuesday 22-30 Possible shower.

I know it's the test opener returning, but you've got to feel for Labuschagne. You can't be dropped off his effort last game.
Who do you drop?

Anyone you are actually happy with in the side Choomah? I suppose we should just stick to playing guys u der 26 years of age who are good enough to play for Australia, should be plenty around...
Yeah, was reading the wrong stats for quiney was my bad
looks like Victoria isn't producing the young talent like the other states, especially if they can't get games over a spud like Christian

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, was reading the wrong stats for quiney was my bad
looks like Victoria isn't producing the young talent like the other states, especially if they can't get games over a spud like Christian
Travis Dean is 23 and 5th on the shield runs scorers list. 7th on batting average (excluding Smith, who only played one game).
Christ Tremain is 24 and 9th on the wickets list, despite bowling in less innings' than all bar Paris above him. Also has the best strike rate in the Shield this season. The only bloke younger than him that's ahead in wickets is Joel Paris.
Peter Handscomb is nearly 25 and is about to captain the side for the first time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back