Should Labour split with the CMFEU?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maritime?

Maritime Union of Australia official Chris Cain says Anthony Albanese should consider resigning for accepting “false” allegations about John Setka, claiming the CFMEU Victorian leader had been “stitched up” by his enemies.​
Mr Cain, the MUA’s Western Australian secretary, attended the CFMEU national executive meeting were Mr Setka is alleged to have made disparaging comments about domestic violence campaigner Rosie Batty.​
But Mr Cain said he was “sitting five feet away” from Mr Setka and he denied making comments critical of Ms Batty. Mr Setka has also denied the claims and refused to resign.​

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...s/news-story/698386aa6ca6137ca933c3ccc6a5af59
Don't bother quoting the Australian mate, it's not a legitimate news source.

It was always going to come to a point when the ALP reached next to it in bed and pulled out Green policy. The unions didn't make a fuss when their party was actively working against their interests because once they won government they would be able to scratch the back in return, the unions would get their rewards.

But they lost. The ALP had the choice to return to it's roots and support the interests of it's workers and union members but it appears to be doubling down on it's move left.

At this rate the unions will be backing another party by the time the election rolls around and the rust holding on a significant number of ALP voters will have burned off.

When I was younger than today, I thought unions were in place to support the rights of the worker. This was a good thing in my mind, because I was over the working class getting screwed from above and now below, fgs!

But no, it's become about more money and power and men banging skulls, ego. nothing too good comes out of that setup.

Should we feel for hitlers wife, a war lords wife etc etc

We should hold all people to account especially bad parenting which includes choosing **** partners that places themselves, their kids, family and friends at risk.

If the warning signs weren’t there, I would agree with you......but what does one expect from a rapist and known DV threat?

She’s pathetic and let herself and child down

No no dig up!

To the surprise of absolutely everybody.

Time will tell.
Seriously though you'd think Labor actually WON the election just going on the rhetoric of the past 3 weeks :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was always going to come to a point when the ALP reached next to it in bed and pulled out Green policy. The unions didn't make a fuss when their party was actively working against their interests because once they won government they would be able to scratch the back in return, the unions would get their rewards.

But they lost. The ALP had the choice to return to it's roots and support the interests of it's workers and union members but it appears to be doubling down on it's move left.

At this rate the unions will be backing another party by the time the election rolls around and the rust holding on a significant number of ALP voters will have burned off.

Union members fled Labor for One Nation and other right wing minor parties who at least pretended to have their interests at heart.

It will be interesting to see where Albanese takes Labor. At the moment its about looking politically correct because someone dared question an untouchable.

Time will tell if its actually about distancing from unions and the working class.

Pre-election: You just can't trust Shorten and Labor, they're too close to the CFMEU.
Post-election: Tsk, tsk, elitist Labor selling out working class voters and the CFMEU.
They're so far left now, why are they selling out on their sensible centrist roots? What about the workers?! After consulting the horse shoe, I now know they are basically fashs.

They need to return to their roots!

Some people lol.

Pre-election: You just can't trust Shorten and Labor, they're too close to the CFMEU.
Post-election: Tsk, tsk, elitist Labor selling out working class voters and the CFMEU.
These can both be true tbh. Shorten relied more on a union base than Albanese will, who comes from the student politics class of Labor MPs.

These can both be true tbh. Shorten relied more on a union base than Albanese will, who comes from the student politics class of Labor MPs.
You know as well I do that Albanese giving a rancid CFMEU official a kick in the arse doesn't mean the Labor Party is about disconnect from the union movement. It's the only thing keeping the party together and one of the few powerful civil society bases you could even draw a coherent political party from.

I just find it funny that the narrative around Labor has swung from Bill Shorten being the speartip of Corbynism and militant unionism in Australia but the left faction with all the ex-trots is the one apparently trying to persecute the workers.

Give me a break.

Last edited:
Extremely offensive post.You need to have a look at yourself.

She's guilty of negligence if not criminal negligence

The only reason the government supports her award, is it deflects from their negligence

Yes, but I'd put the groups differently.

Inner city progressive left Vs the Industrial left.

All part of a longer term shift in the 'soul of the party'.

The progressives tolerated the industrial left because they provided muscle and money. Now they don't fit their ideological purity, they battle is on.

As others have noted, the battleground is significant...Dozens of criminal charges have been ignored over an extended period of time, but criticising/questioning a progressive icon is absolutely unacceptable.

Yes, but I'd put the groups differently.

Inner city progressive left Vs the Industrial left.

All part of a longer term shift in the 'soul of the party'.

The progressives tolerated the industrial left because they provided muscle and money. Now they don't fit their ideological purity, they battle is on.

As others have noted, the battleground is significant...Dozens of criminal charges have been ignored over an extended period of time, but criticising/questioning a progressive icon is absolutely unacceptable.

The "Industrial left" should have packed up shop and left 5 years ago.

The inner city progressive element would have then be absorbed by the Greens.

Labor is doomed whilst this marriage of inconvenience continues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back