sick of motlop

Remove this Banner Ad

raman said:
And? It couldn't be more clear. He clearly states that he's combining AFL/SANFL premierships. The 35 senior premierships of the Port Adelaide Football Club. What's the problem?

You didn't win 34 premierships in the SANFL :eek: .

munsonned said:
Not a bad point, however the Reserves comment was worth a response.

I was merely pointing out the ridiculousness of comparing VFA premierships to SANFL premierships.

raman said:
I was merely pointing out the ridiculousness of comparing VFA premierships to SANFL premierships.

Ahh but i would also point out the ridiculousness of comparing a SANFL premiership to a VFL/AFL.

raman said:
Really? Do tell.

You lot are the ones stating you won 34 SANFL premierships and you didn't, far from it. Have alook and see how many SANFL premierships you won, and it wasn't 34.

munsonned said:
Ahh but i would also point out the ridiculousness of comparing a SANFL premiership to a VFL/AFL.

Point it out, but fail to justify it.

1jasonoz said:
You lot are the ones stating you won 34 SANFL premierships and you didn't, far from it. Have alook and see how many SANFL premierships you won, and it wasn't 34.

Ah, I see what you're doing, playing silly buggers with the SAFL/SANFL name change by any chance? You can do better than that.

1jasonoz said:

Are you counting flags won by the PAMFC since 1997?

Two different clubs, although it is a bit confusing.

raman said:
Ah, I see what you're doing, playing silly buggers with the SAFL/SANFL name change by any chance? You can do better than that.

Why thats what supporters of interstate clubs like your own argue about VFL/AFL cup talleys. Now its used against an interstate supporter, you want to take your bat and ball and cry??

Thewlis Dish said:
Are you counting flags won by the PAMFC since 1997?

Two different clubs, although it is a bit confusing.

I'm certainly not counting them.

And it's not that confusing. The Port Adelaide Football Club moved from the SANFL to the AFL. The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club was created to carry on our SANFL history. The two entities, although technically seperate, share the same history up until 1997.

raman said:
Point it out, but fail to justify it.

Here in lies the dilemma.

It cannot ever be proven however there are many who would claim that the VFA circa 1980 was the equal of the SANFL. Yes there were a handful of outstanding players playing in SA because they did not want to shift to the VFL, however the overall quality was considered far inferior to the VFL.

There were not too many Vics packing their bags for the big time in S.A. - If they did go across it was because they couldn't get a game locally, or they were trying to get away from their Parole officer.

The VFL today IS a reserves comp and bares no resemblance to either the VFL of the past, or the VFA.

And IMO, any argument to say that the SANFL was the equivalent of the VFL is just wishful (parochial) thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1jasonoz said:
Why thats what supporters of interstate clubs like your own argue about VFL/AFL cup talleys.

See, now you're putting words in my mouth. I have never had a problem with Victorian AFL clubs "claiming" their VFL premierships.

If you're going to argue with me, argue with what I'm actually saying rather than what you'd like me to be saying for your own convenience.

raman said:
Yes, the one in the AFL is the Port Adelaide Football Club, est. 1870, and the one in the SANFL is the Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club. Porthos' signature does not include the premiership years of the Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club.

So you yourself admits that they are different Clubs, but yet defend that Crap about winning 35 senior flags.....

Put it this way PORT ADELAIDE HAS ONLY WON ONE FLAG IN THE VFL/AFL WHICH IS THE COMP WE ARE PLAYING IN.....Thats all that counts, period. If we Joined the SANFL or SAFL or what ever you guys want to call it, then it would be different, but the fact is you joined the VFL/AFL, so get over it.

N

munsonned said:
And IMO, any argument to say that the SANFL was the equivalent of the VFL is just wishful (parochial) thinking.

And the argument to the opposite effect isn't parochial?! LOL

Whatever superiority the VFL may have had to the SANFL at any point in their history is purely relative to the difference in population in the respective states, and the subsequent earlier adoption of professionalism.

raman said:
I'm certainly not counting them.

And it's not that confusing. The Port Adelaide Football Club moved from the SANFL to the AFL. The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club was created to carry on our SANFL history. The two entities, although technically seperate, share the same history up until 1997.

No they don't share the same history, your lot states they are a totally seperate team, they have their own history from 97 onwards.

You have your history pre 97 in the SANFL, SAFL, and now AFL.

Also your lot state that all premership tallys pre 97 don't count, only does post 97, as a new comp started when a new team entered the competition, and pre 97 flags don't count, as they were won in a differant league/If thats the case then shouldn't the likes of Port Adelaide supporters do the same thing with their claimed number of Premierships, and state which are SAFL, SANFL, which are counted under a differant format because X club came in at this date, and Y&Z club amalgamated on this date?

Are you going to play by the same rules you argue against Victorian clubs premierships totals?

Unity-28 said:
So you yourself admits that they are different Clubs, but yet defend that Crap about winning 35 senior flags.....

Can you read?

The Port Adelaide Football Club has 35 senior flags. Simple as that. Prove me wrong.

Put it this way PORT ADELAIDE HAS ONLY WON ONE FLAG IN THE VFL/AFL WHICH IS THE COMP WE ARE PLAYING IN.....

And exactly which part of Porthos' signature suggests otherwise?

Are you saying he doesn't have a right to put something in his sig? That's pretty authoritarian of you. He can put whatever he likes in it. As it happens, his sig contains no factual errors.

HeLMie said:
Instead of building your own vocab you use words that i so often use like "merely" - you gotta do better then that son.

Yeah keep that tactic up, bud. I'm sure it'll make me wrong eventually.

raman said:
See, now you're putting words in my mouth. I have never had a problem with Victorian AFL clubs "claiming" their VFL premierships.

If you're going to argue with me, argue with what I'm actually saying rather than what you'd like me to be saying for your own convenience.

Im not saying anything for my convienience, im only repeating the rubbsih spewed continually by port Adelaide supporters on this board.

HeLMie said:
Youve already been proving wrong so many times, hop back in your box.

I assume you meant to say I've been proven wrong. Where, pray tell?

raman said:
And the argument to the opposite effect isn't parochial?! LOL

I would argue that this is the opinion of any level headed football supporter, no matter where they grew up

raman said:
Whatever superiority the VFL may have had to the SANFL at any point in their history is purely relative to the difference in population in the respective states, and the subsequent earlier adoption of professionalism.

I agree.... I was never arguing WHY, just that it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back