News Six Cats in All-Australian squad of 40

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremy Cameron and Danger looked very chummy

“You’re out of contract at the end of next year? There are great fishing spots down at Mogg’s, Jezza.....”

How did Ben Brown miss out, just missed out on the Coleman, stiff.
Because it wasn't the umpires scoring him out of 10 for his flopping/free kick earning techniques

He's a good player, but Hawkins & Cameron do more of the team things like goal assists & score involvements. So in terms of the more rounded tall forwards, I think some of those areas let Brown down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team is probably one of the better ones of recent times. Good to see there’s no Shane Edwards type surprises.

Great to see 4 of our boys get in there, little bit surprising to see hawk get the nod after a pretty quiet end to the season after a great start.

Shattered Gaz couldn’t sneak in there, he was just about our most influential player this season. The need to load the forward line with midfielders is a bit annoying.

How about this to raise a few eyebrows - Geelongs nominations for the AFLPA MVP, remembering these are voted on by teammates:

Geelong:
Tim Kelly, Tom Hawkins, Mark Blicavs
We ALL know who Geelong's MVP is.
And it is DANGER.
This popularity award is farcical.
Danger was # 2 in the coaches' award, and will be close to the Brownlow, and CS said on Saturday, he is the best player in the comp.
But, yes, raised eyebrows for sure.
Maybe they had to nominate many weeks ago.

Because it wasn't the umpires scoring him out of 10 for his flopping/free kick earning techniques

He's a good player, but Hawkins & Cameron do more of the team things like goal assists & score involvements. So in terms of the more rounded tall forwards, I think some of those areas let Brown down
I was convinced the selectors would pick Brown over Hawkins purely based on goals kicked, but evidently goal assists weighed heavily.
Great result for Tommy, and hope it inspires him to live up to it. Been a little below par recently. He is our barometer in many ways. I thought Rohan was going to be....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back