33 - Starcevich
34 - Clavarino
35 - Garner
36 - Shipley
37 - Patmore
38 - Spargo
39 - Krueger
40 - Hayden
Would love to hear something different from people, like who are some of your favourites in this years draft. they dont have to be top 10 possibilities. Here are mine:
Aaron Naughton - loved the fact he has bettered himself this year in almost every facet of his game, and playing senior footy in 2nd half of year
Andrew McPherson - was a fan early last year and still a huge fan
Charlie Ballard - has a P.O.D and moves really well for his size. Ball use is not half bad also
Jake Patmore - could go in 2nd round, maybe 3rd...either way he is going to be a steal and a good player.
Brayden Crossley - love watching a big guy at his age not be afraid. he throws himself around and at others and in ruck contests he runs straight, doesnt baulk like others who protect themselves, so hard to not compare him to a young Mumford, but a young Mummy, Version 2.0
Oscar Allen - liked him a lot last year, and this year he has risen in my stocks. footy I.Q is high, composure is high, leadership qualities high. different ends of the ground i know, but a similar game style and brain to Jake Lever, both have the afore mentioned qualities and great readers of the ball and similar attack on the ball.
Alex Federico - footballers footballer. can get rushed, but i really like the way he plays, and time will tell if he can clean up his game, but attacks hard and gets it more often than not.
Gus Styles - Similar to Federico in game play, both are hard at it, true mids, blue collar workers that play the game of football the way it should be played.
Charlie Constable - to me, (honestly dont know if anyone has mentioned this before at all) he is a young version of Sydneys Josh Kennedy. Neither of them are fast, sometimes you dont have to be if you know what you are doing. i really really like the way he goes about it.
Aiden Bonar - and no...not just because other are liking him now after the combine, it will be very interesting to see what happens draft night, i love what he can do and imagine after 2 fully healthy body conditioning pre-seasons what he could do. This kid (in a mans body) could be one of the leagues most exciting crowd drawing players.

Last edited:
Not a bad effort. Would think that after today's U18 All Stars game that Starcevich and Petrucelle might go a little higher

Not a bad effort. Would think that after today's U18 All Stars game that Starcevich and Petrucelle might go a little higher
I cant quite explain it but im not a big fan of petrucelle. He has speed and some evasiveness and time will tell but i dont see it translating at the higher level. I see him having to work extra hard to find his way for a long time. Starcevich im liking more every time he plays.

PHANTOM DRAFT 3/11/17

1 BRIS - Davies-Uniacke
2 FREO - Dow
3 CARL - Cerra
4 NTH - Rayner
5 FREO - A.Brayshaw
6 COLL - Coffield
7 STK - D.Fogarty
8 STK - Stephenson
9 W.B - Bonar
carl bid - bris match using 1116 points. pick 18 moves back to 22
10 BRIS - Ballendon
11 CARL - Hayes
12 GWS - Higgins
13 ADEL - Naughton
14 WCE - Clark
15 SYD - Murphy
16 W.B - Balta
17 RICH - Brander
18 G.C - Constable
19 RICH - Allen
20 WCE - T.Kelly
21 GEEL - O'Brien
22 BRIS - E.Richards
23 NTH - Stoddart
geel bid - rich match. left over points move pick 53 up to 46
24 RICH - Naish
25 GEEL - Houlahan
26 WCE - L.Ryan
27 GWS - L.Fogarty
28 GWS - Ling
29 MELB - Garner
30 CARL - Dixon
31 MELB - Miers
32 WCE - Worpel
33 SYD - Petty
34 STK - Petruccelle
35 GEEL - Ballard
36 MELB - Wooler
37 WCE - Starcevich
38 COLL - B.Miller
39 ADEL - McPherson
40 BRIS - Clavarino
41 G.C - Bailey
42 FREO - Ainsworth
43 HAW - Coleman-Jones
44 BRIS - Shipley
stk bid for crossley- gc match using pick 50
45 G.C - Crossley
46 STK - D.Moore
47 RICH - Haydon
48 PORT - Patmore
49 MELB - Schumacher
50 ESS - Ross
51 PORT - Kreuger
52 SYD - Spargo
53 G.C - Walker
54 BRIS - S.Taylor
55 RICH - Amartey
56 COLL - Paton
57 GWS - Martini
58 GEEL - McCartin
59 PORT - DeKoning
60 FREO - England
61 COLL - Brown
62 PORT - Crowden
63 PORT - PASS
64 NTH - Podhajski
65 GWS - Langlands
66 FREO - Schloithe
67 ESS - Boyse
68 HAW - B.Daniels
69 WCE - J.Marsh
70 COLL - Butts
71 FREO - Sambono
72 GEEL - PASS
73 CARL - J.Harper
74 RICH - PASS
75 HAW - Farrell
76 G.C - Styles
77 ADEL - North
78 NTH - H.Brayshaw
79 FREO - E.Floyd
80 COLL - PASS
81 HAW - Domic
82 W.B - McGannon
83 FREO - PASS
84 MELB - S.Williams
85 ESS - Mynott
86 WCE - PASS
87 SYD - Payne
88 GWS - Powell
89 NTH - PASS
90 BRIS - PASS
91 G.C - PASS
92 HAW - PASS
93 STK - PASS
94 WB - PASS
95 MELB - Fritsch
96 ESS - PASS
97 SYD - Paech
98 GWS - PASS
99 ADEL - PASS
100 CARL - PASS
101 MELB - PASS
102 SYD - PASS

ROOKIES
The talk is that Ess will sign irish star S.Okunbar as category B rookie and that Carl will sign irish star C.McDaid also as category b rookie
adel to resign C.Ellis-Yeolman and F/S pick J.Edwards
bris committed to C.Beams and C.Hanley in rookie draft
Coll to rookie A.Oxley
Haw to rookie D.Willsmore, and sign C.Jiath as cat B rookie
Geel to rookie M. Hayball
****i wont hazard a guess at the rookie draft but would be very surprised if these players were not picked up in that draft
S.Giro
H.Simmington
D.Landt
L.Baker
J.Frampton
C.Henness
J.Johnston
E.Newman
S,Davis
C.McCarthy
C.Ameduri
B.Banfield
J.Smithson
T.Mundy
T.Xerri
L.Meek
M.King
M.Guelfi
C.Parrish
E.Phillips
A.Federico
C.Thompson
N.Reeves
N.Richards

Last edited:
Haha...agreed. but i had to put someone in there with a bid, i do think he will be bid on earlier however i couldnt quite see (from my point of view) where except maybe carlton...possibly collingwood.
You know there is a whole second round for clubs to bid on Ballenden.

My guess is, Tigers, Bulldogs and Suns won't bid on Ballenden.

I wish this draft were real. Cerra and Stephenson. Boy oh boy wowee!
Every chance it will pan out that way. Saints picks are in the perfect range to get two classy ball carriers who will end up as mids, I can't see how you guys don't walk away from this draft laughing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You saw Lever drop to 14 after one knee recon. Two in a row on the same leg is a massive risk to take with top 10 pick.

The graft didn’t take from the first surgery so the op was redone the 2nd time by Julian feller the best knee surgeon in the business. Since then he’s been good as gold. Hasn’t lost his power, speed or agility, testing elite in the latter two categories in the combine. Kicks the footy like a mule, great hands & tackles with intent.

I hope the Saints pick him, he’ll be close to the best in this draft imo. He is the full package. 190cm/90kg inside-outside beast mid ready to play round 1 next year. He’s been eased back into things playing forward but projects to be primarily a midfielder capable of resting forward as required.

ROUND 1 MOCK DRAFT

BRISBANE - Dow - He is a pure mid, smart, high footy I.Q, makes the right decisions and is effective and efficient with his ball use

FREMANTLE - Davies-Uniacke - his body is ready to go, good size, good tempo footballer, hard nut, in and under great at clearences and also a clean user

CARLTON - Rayner - The boy is exciting, fwd craft and 1 on 1 was too good for all in the champs, not a huge endurance tank yet so will start career fwd where his goal nous will show through but could be a beast in the middle when his tank builds

NORTH - Brayshaw - like his brother Angus, maybe cleaner (hopefully with a 10mm thicker skull) but he is ferocious and a big ball winner. Family connections here also. (Could be Cerra here easily)

FREMANTLE - Naughton - has the afl traits to be a 10-15 yr player. Selfless, reads the play well, smart interceptor kicking can be up and down but will be a good defender and has held his own in seniors this year

COLLINGWOOD - Brander - talk is he will slide but i cant see them letting him go past here, they need help down fwd and he would provide it. Big guy, Good hands and great leading patterns

STK - Cerra - high footy I.Q and good clean pure mid. Got better as the year went on and brings others into the game but can also release others into the right spots. Shows leadership qualities and is a great fit for them

STK - Stephenson - lightning quick, silky goal kicking mid. He is elusive and will be a great linkman in the chain fwd.

DOGS - Coffield - this kids footy I.Q and reading of the play is similar to that of lever a couple of years ago. Always seems calm and collected and makes the right choices. Good height and hands also.

CARLTON - Bonar - draft bolter, star of the combine this year in many eyes and after 2 years of injuries he came back in the last part of the year and showed why he was so highly thought of. Afl skills and traits great temperament and willingness to make it is a worthy pick here. (Could bid for ballendon here)

GWS - O'Brien - superb user of the ball is quick and great decision maker. Will be the link in the chain delivering it lace out to the fwds. Similar to the josh kelly mold and may be taking his place in 2 yrs time if kelly leaves.

ADELAIDE - Fogarty - touted early on to go as #1 this year but has had an average year compared to his last year. Had Some injuries but talent doesn't dissappear. The S.A boy would be a great get here and a steal for Adelaide

WCE - Clark - hard nut, in and under can kick goals and releases others with his quick hands. Really wins the ball with will and determination.

SYDNEY - Constable - tall P.O.D mid, smart player, can win the ball and has great hands to bring others into the game

BRISBANE - (if no bid for ballendon yet) Murphy - great fwd half player so far. Great attack on the ball and a good build already, could play round 1 and has great goal sense and a good set shot. Just needs a bigger tank to get into an afl midfield. Probably start fwd however.

DOGS - Higgins - absolute terrier, true footballers footballer. Very quick, smart and hard in and under can win the ball by himself and great goal sense

TIGERS WILL BID FOR BALLENDON IF NO ONE HAS ALREADY - BRIS WILL MATCH IT - Ballendon - Excellent kick and great mark. Leads well from full fwd and chf but also reads it well from chb. Can kick goals and can intercept. Dual position and great academy acquisition

TIGERS - Hayes - best fwd/ruck in the draft. Highly touted early on but may take a couple of seasons to hold down a spot however thats what the tigers need. He fills the need and is probably best available at this point also

Pies wont take Brander at 6. We are looking at a impact player to come in straight away so our preference is Fogarty.

Would be stoked if saints ended up with Cerra and Stephenson. Wouldn't mind a combo of Cerra and Bonar either.

Dodongo knows that Coffield is mates with Bontempelli after playing juniors together and he is a Dogs fan, so he'll be extremely happy if this draft was real.

How could Bontempelli (DOB 24/11/1995) have played juniors together with Coffield (DOB 23/10/1999) when he is 4 years older? Are you suggesting Coffield played u12s with Bont when Coffield was 7?

You saw Lever drop to 14 after one knee recon. Two in a row on the same leg is a massive risk to take with top 10 pick.
Lever hadn't played a game by draft time and this guy has played 7 or 8 games without issue

Saints having 2 picks can afford to be more expansive with one of them

May end up the best player in the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back