SNFL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t you in one of your earlier posts suggest e Malvern would struggle
Bit more confident now?
Personally think Skye and black rock will finish bottom 2
Sides finishing 6/7 this year would finish top 3 in previous years
Div 2 definitely closing gap on Div 1 at this stage

I did have them initially down the bottom but I wasn't aware of the new recruits. Also the form and numbers on the track have looked a far site better than anything they dished up last year

More and more recruiting announcements coming out of the zoo, not sure of the calibre of players being announced but exciting to see the club attracting fresh blood.

Hopefully these signings are strategic and not purely throwing money around to entice middle of the road players.

Have I written off East Malvern too early!

More and more recruiting announcements coming out of the zoo, not sure of the calibre of players being announced but exciting to see the club attracting fresh blood.

Hopefully these signings are strategic and not purely throwing money around to entice middle of the road players.

Have I written off East Malvern too early!
East Malvern will go ok…..but don’t go too silly on the $$$ save for future years. We all know it’s a 2 horse race only minor miracles will change the big 2 from playing off.

Is Doveton the same strength as last year?
I personally think Doveton won’t be as strong losing Woodfeild who was there best forward and Kyle who had been on st Kilda list burmeister was in the best a lot and a couple of fringe players have gone plus I heard brown there vc may not play at all because of injury don’t think the players they picked up are as good as the ones they have lost

I personally think Doveton won’t be as strong losing Woodfeild who was there best forward and Kyle who had been on st Kilda list burmeister was in the best a lot and a couple of fringe players have gone plus I heard brown there vc may not play at all because of injury don’t think the players they picked up are as good as the ones they have lost
Most of the talk is about Dovey and E Bri, along with murrumbeena picking up a swag of recruits
How are all the other sides trekking, happy to keep their recruits on the quiet and fly under the radar?

had my spies out at the Rockers, as good as last year was, this year shaping up to be a LONNGGGG year for the boys, praying im wrong but early signs less than ideal

had my spies out at the Rockers, as good as last year was, this year shaping up to be a LONNGGGG year for the boys, praying im wrong but early signs less than ideal
You need to get some new spies, Bud....Rockers doing very nicely with a more than competitive list...real band of brothers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Practice match Cranbourne beat Highett by 7 goals in a match in hot blustery conditions at Cranbourne. Highett had a fair few missing, no idea on Cranbourne but assume they had a lot out as well.
Practice match Cranbourne beat Highett by 7 goals in a match in hot blustery conditions at Cranbourne. Highett had a fair few missing, no idea on Cranbourne but assume they had a lot out as well.
Without knowing how many either side had out, looks like a good showing from highett
In other games
Hampton park went down by 3 goals to Oakleigh district
East Brighton went down by 1-2 goals to Karingal
Doveton were playing a bottom Div 3 side from EFL but don’t know the outcome
Early practice matches mean SFA anyway

Finally found Div 2 forum for 2023, if it’s redone as SFNL instead of SNFL on Big Footy should get more content, I’ll tip Highett as a big improver for this Season

Finally found Div 2 forum for 2023, if it’s redone as SFNL instead of SNFL on Big Footy should get more content, I’ll tip Highett as a big improver for this Season
Netball takes precedence, luckily the football clubs keep the Netball clubs alive!

On last year the

No

Not sure any reasoning. East Malvern more than competitive.
On last year the

No

Not sure any reasoning. East Malvern more than competitive.

With reports of low numbers at training but I’ve heard that’s turned around and a few of their young recruits look quite good. I think they’ll be up around the Keysey, Caulfield mark.
Highett are the team I’m hearing are looking really really dangerous. Easily the best talent division 2 has seen before this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back