So, nobody wants to discuss the real Kobe...

Remove this Banner Ad

His death and the circumstances of it are a tragedy.

That his thirteen-year-old daughter and seven others were also involved make it even more tragic. But the deification of Kobe and the celebrity worship displayed by the media are cringe worthy.

He was a sporting celebrity who did some good work but also admitted years later to rape.

His death is the perfect time to reflect on both the good and bad of his life.

Screaming like little bitches when someone points out an important event like his raping a woman because you don't like your idealised version of his celebrity challenged is pathetic.

He was a great basketball player who raped someone. Deal with it.

I've come to believe professional athletes are in a general sense hysterically overrated as role-models and often as human beings.

Let's face it these people are elevated to status levels far beyond what they'd achieve if they weren't blessed with superior genetic physicality, and the fact humanity's willing to elevate them on that sole basis exemplifies how primitive our species is. Someone's really good at putting a leather ball in a net? Yes by all means let's compensate them more than the neurosurgeon who saves lives, great idea! :$

As to Kobe in particular he was by all accounts a magnificent player and an upstanding human being (minus the whole rape thing), yet when you realize a piece of human garbage like Wayne Carey is probably still drawing a seven figure salary its impossible not to question humanity's priorities. Of course its possible to look at Kobe's example without bringing sport into the equation, this was a man who touched the lives of millions (occasionally without asking) and inspired generations, so perhaps he deserves some of this unfettered adulation. That said the Bible is big on the dangers of false idols and graven images and for once I agree with it.

I'd argue the death of Kobe's daughter is a far bigger tragedy than his.

The rape was awful but the milking of his contract in that he actually made his team s**t in order to be paid the full contract when he was basically cooked would be frowned upon in AFL land.

Imagine Buddy after his 10 year deal expires had an option that if he played the 10th year and kicked 45 goals, he’d get an automatic 2 year extension on $2.5m a season.

He is one of the most selfish sportspeople ever.

He was a selfish champion rapist.

Did you see his last game 60pts, 38pt second half and 23pt last quarter, I’ve never been a fan or hater, had no opinion, but that was one of the greatest “will to win” victories to get over the line I’ve ever seen in any sport. How someone goes out like that and can be accused of doing wrong by his team in a country where players hold out on contracts when their deal for NEXT year isn’t what they want astounds me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did you see his last game 60pts, 38pt second half and 23pt last quarter, I’ve never been a fan or hater, had no opinion, but that was one of the greatest “will to win” victories to get over the line I’ve ever seen in any sport. How someone goes out like that and can be accused of doing wrong by his team in a country where players hold out on contracts when their deal for NEXT year isn’t what they want astounds me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry but they finished last and they gave him the ball and let him shoot at every opportunity.

Was a meh testimonial game

Thanks for your words of encouragement friend.

Just as an FYI, the ignorant rapist circle jerk is in another thread but this is Bay 13 where home truths can be discussed without having to worry about the delicate flowers who are easily offended.

The guy raped women but if you want to disregard that then you need to ask yourself who the piece of s**t really is.
You're talking to the wrong crowd. Place is full of mouth breathing sycophants.

I took issue at a famous poster openly making child molestation and rape jokes and it was ignored by all and sundry, including the mods.

Mention booing an indigenous player or joking about an injury and you get yourself banned though.

*ing haz some respekt bruh. Such and such was a mad playa. Etc etc

@the cyrptkeep
You're talking to the wrong crowd. Place is full of mouth breathing sycophants.

I took issue at a famous poster openly making child molestation and rape jokes and it was ignored by all and sundry, including the mods.

Mention booing an indigenous player or joking about an injury and you get yourself banned though.

f*n haz some respekt bruh. Such and such was a mad playa. Etc etc
So should we be happy he’s dead? Should we dance on his grave?
I bet some of the people who died in the bushfires had criminal records. Are you happy they’re dead? “Haz some respekt bruh? Are you 13? Wtf is your point?

@the cyrptkeep

So should we be happy he’s dead? Should we dance on his grave?
I bet some of the people who died in the bushfires had criminal records. Are you happy they’re dead? “Haz some respekt bruh? Are you 13? Wtf is your point?

Take away his basketball talent and most people would think he was a grub.

No, I am not happy he is dead. I am somewhat ambivalent to it, given 8 others who lost their lives are being less celebrated for them.

The outpouring of public grief from people who never met him is astonishing given he wasn't a great human.

As far as I am aware none of my friends are rapists. Nor are they held up by those who overlook inconvenient truths as role models. Hence I say nice things about them and remember them fondly.

Now whilst I think it is very noble of you to run around and defend the honour of a basketballer, it does appear that you are the ignorant pos in this discussion. If you were to use Google, even you should find Kobe’s admission easily enough.

I mean, you’re not the sharpest and seem a little questionable on moral grounds but a simple Google search will uncover the truth for you.

If you have the stones for it...
Her case wasn't credible and with her case weakening, her lawyers recommended that she dropped the case rather than go to trial. Pretty simple really. He was guilty of adultery, nothing more.

Her case wasn't credible and with her case weakening, her lawyers recommended that she dropped the case rather than go to trial. Pretty simple really. He was guilty of adultery, nothing more.
credibility and weakening via smear campaigning

there would have been no cash settlement otherwise

it is smarter to pay, just ask michael oloughlin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

credibility and weakening via smear campaigning

there would have been no cash settlement otherwise

it is smarter to pay, just ask michael oloughlin
You mean because the DNA report was released accidentally by the court to the media showing that she had multiple mens semen inside her and had intercourse after the supposed rape?

I guess that would cause a smear campaign wouldn't it.

You mean because the DNA report was released accidentally by the court to the media showing that she had multiple mens semen inside her and had intercourse after the supposed rape?

I guess that would cause a smear campaign wouldn't it.
Nice how you victim shame a rape victim after a smear campaign

I bet you are a climate change alarmist also

Just did the research and he strangled & raped a 19 year old hotel employee in his room. He also had her blood on his shirt while she suffered from bruises on her neck and vaginal trauma.

His defence team leaked secret court documents containing her identity to the media multiple times which resulted in her being hounded and receiving death threats.

At first he completely denied having sex with her at all but then changed his story when the police informed him that they had his semen from her rape kit.

He then paid her $2.5 million to shut up & go away.

What a ******* pig.

Just did the research and he strangled & raped a 19 year old hotel employee in his room. He also had her blood on his shirt while she suffered from bruises on her neck and vaginal trauma.

His defence team leaked secret court documents containing her identity to the media multiple times which resulted in her being hounded and receiving death threats.

At first he completely denied having sex with her at all but then changed his story when the police informed him that they had his semen from her rape kit.

What a ******* pig.
Yeah but he’s like really good at basketball bro

The real "Kobe". The real Kobe in his spare time would be in his yard or at the court practicing by himself. Then he'd doing the same thing when he's working. That's the real Kobe. Not some bs rape charge that foolish people believe and use to destroy taint his character and legacy.

And then he apologized to the victim for raping her and said she obviously “did not and does not view the incident the same way I did and I now understand how she feels she did not consent” to what happened in that room.

All this after initially trying to deny anything even took place at all.

******* mutt.

Yeah but he’s like really good at basketball bro
Apparently strangling during sex was “his thing” but he never disgraced his wife with this action.

He stated that the only time she said “NO” was when he released his grip on her throat so he could hear her reply after saying he was going to “cum on her face”.

A603AC66-F143-42DA-BF05-1677BA93960E.jpeg

What a ******* maggot.

Last edited:

What a ******* pig.
Bojan KantKick please respond

Respond to a whole bunch of speculation. As I mentioned previously, they couldn't pin any vaginal bruising on Bryant, given she snagged some other bloke soon after. The other stuff appears to be a figment of his imagination. If it was such an open and shut case, her testimony wouldn't be required. Her case was weak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back