Roast Soccer host angry at AFL twitter

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, right, because Germans are culturally identical to Italians, who are culturally identical to Spanish, who are culturally identical to Swedes, who are culturally identical to English, who are culturally identical to Irish, who are culturally identical to the French…

Nuh these westerners don't exist in the U.S in massive numbers either, good point 😅.

As an example, Italian heritage U.S 5.1 percent, Australia 4.4 percent.

Last edited:
I don't understand why some AFL/NRL fans actively want the Football to fail in Australia.
It was disgraceful what happened yesterday but it was a minority in the crowd.
AFL/NRL aren't perfect with lots of drunken brawls every other weekend.
Wishing ill on other codes, noone comes close to soccer fans and their spite for football fans in this country.

Richmond and Collingwood aren't far off, and 20 years of Carlton being rubbish have sedated their fan base which has no shortage of potential.

Wander through the Punt Road end at a big Tigers game and there's plenty of aggressive drunken behaviour that consistently threatens to spill over. Same goes for the Pies at the Ponsford end.

But it is interesting the smaller numbers and bigger self importance seems to have taken the soccer hooligans over the line more often. What they lack in numbers they make up for in hyper aggressive attitudes.
While it might be confirmation on my part I still think soccer hooligans are distinct. The aggressive behaviour from drunk AFL bogans does exist but it still seems more like regular drunken lout behaviour that happens to be taking place at the football, whereas soccer generally seems to have a culture of fans actively rioting, as opposed to being generally drunk and aggressive.

Don't worry, she's distracted by a nickname she doesn't like. A nickname used by Cummings himself mind you.

Insightful. Shows the soccer fandom is part of trying to be a cultured honorary European intellectual as opposed to a colonial Australian lout. Soccer being embraced by the populace would be the last thing she wants as it would remove the superiority complex fuel she gets out of it imo.

While it might be confirmation on my part I still think soccer hooligans are distinct. The aggressive behaviour from drunk AFL bogans does exist but it still seems more like regular drunken lout behaviour that happens to be taking place at the football, whereas soccer generally seems to have a culture of fans actively rioting, as opposed to being generally drunk and aggressive.
Yes. As evidenced by the article I linked a couple of pages back, they actually think THEY are what the soccer is about; that what they do is more important than what happens out on the paddock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back