Song Contest Part XIX, Host: GreyCrow, Theme: Free For All, Votes Due: Wednesday, 10pm AEDT

Should the billy be abolished?

• Yes - it's long run its course and would reduce billy bait

• No - it adds some fun and discussion to the contest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

5. Satana Tarantula - The Brains Ulahoopski
4. Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sinatra omgfridge
3. King of Insects - Assemblage 23 GreyCrow
2. Mosquito - Stella Donnelly Loonerty
1. Spiders - System Of A Down Drunkgoliath

Billy: Tarantula - Faithless Chipmunk
Red letter once in a lifetime day - swapped fives with eth-dog! :oops: :D

5: Calypso - Spiderbait
4: Spiders - SOOD
3: Tarantula - Faithless
2: Fly Me to the Moon - Frank Sinatra
1: Snakehips - The Lapelles
Billy: Beetlebum - Blur

I'm not sure anyone in here will be too familiar but I just read that Gabe Serbian has passed away. The Locust were a big part of my broadening of horizons and accepting experimentation within extreme music. His work in Cattle Decapitation was my entry into goregrind and showed me it could be a fun genre to listen to. Both foundational bands for a a pre-teen Gull and my life has been enriched for having discovered his work.

Criminally underrated for his influence on particular scenes.

Here's some of his SC friendly work. I reckon some of these tracks could score a few votes in the right round.

RIP Trevor Strnad. 😔

Jesus Christ really? God damn. Came here to post the above just to see this.

I don't know how many people haven't had their songs accepted but I hope there's some grace on nominations, especially when countries are being eliminated. These sorts of themes need a more constant host presence.

I don't know how many people haven't had their songs accepted but I hope there's some grace on nominations, especially when countries are being eliminated. These sorts of themes need a more constant host presence.

Yeah when it's one country a nom it's about speed, so not getting a response is going to ruin a lot of people's chances of nomming.

I hosted the same theme about five years ago and I had a post after the theme announcement reserved for countries which had been taken. This is the type of theme that really needed that.

Yeah when it's one country a nom it's about speed, so not getting a response is going to ruin a lot of people's chances of nomming.

Hopefully my nom is ok but I'm up and down at the moment with "the virus" and surely I'm not the only person at risk of a re-nom. Hopefully we can just accept them all call it a round if there are any double ups to 11pm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back