Review St Kilda defeated Geelong Rd 14 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't wanna jinx it but, like everyone else, I've been looking at that remaining draw.

If these blokes didn't have belief before, they bloody will have now.
If we play like that and have total belief.....we could win everyone of those games

Hope there's a replay on fox footy today.
Forgot to tape the bastard

450674_gl.jpg

On ya Gears!

Watching 1st quarter again.

Is Nathan Wright Pele reincarnated?
Soccer goal extraordinaire!

Always amazed by how many times it looks like Jack Steven is gonna be tackled but then he arches his back and his little shuffling legs seem to kick into another gear an he scoots away.
Loves how he just takes the game on.
He could very well end up a 3 or more time Trevor Barker medalist by the time his career is through.
He'll have 3 this year, try 5 or more! His acceleration makes him elite. An absolute pleasure to watch in full flight.

Always was. We got Gresham who we always wanted, and now just need to get Carlisle fit and firing. He was a happy boy on Twitter after the game.
Liking absolutely EVERYTHING is the little maestro...

Sorry for the intrusion but I watched the game last night and IMO that is the sort of win that can launch a huge amount of self belief not only in the playing group but indeed in the whole club.

In Clarkos very early days the Hawks had a couple of those sorts of wins and I thought at the time "This bloke is onto something"

I see very simular signs at the Saints and with your coach.

Enjoy the ride.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys u think danger might have lost the brownlow last night.
Jack Steven a smokey? Very winnable games coming up he could swish.
Anyone got a count on him so far?

Danger will be fine and will get a fine. That is all it deserves but he could have lost the brownlow last night for another reason and that is Jacks form.

Dangerfield was well beaten by Seb Ross last night.
Refuses to defend and Seb got him in close and rebounded beautifully.
Howcmuch space did Ross have most of last night.
Dangerfield is a monster attacking mid but does have deficiencies in his game.
Hugely talked up by commentators. I reckon the fact he was beaten last night will get little mention.

Sorry for the intrusion but I watched the game last night and IMO that is the sort of win that can launch a huge amount of self belief not only in the playing group but indeed in the whole club.

In Clarkos very early days the Hawks had a couple of those sorts of wins and I thought at the time "This bloke is onto something"

I see very simular signs at the Saints and with your coach.

Enjoy the ride.

It reminded me of the 2003 game against the Lions. This game could be the catalyst for self belief & give us confidence going forward.

Just how big this win was last night for our season cannot be overstated.

Sitting in 12th now with a handy percentage break on Carlscum, the two teams above us (Melbourne and Richmond) have difficult games in the next two weeks; Melbourne having Adelaide at home and Fremantle in Darwin, and Richmond having Port in Adelaide and the Dogs.

On current form, they both lose both of those games, whereas we have the abject Suns up there and the Injectors at home. IMO we should be winning both of those, and sit in 10th ahead of a crunch game against the Dees in Round 17.

The only downside is our draft pick keeps drifting... :tearsofjoy:

I loved Roo's game & season but what I've loved more is there's a new player on the block that is consistently becoming a big game player & dragging his team mates along with him. Welcome Jack Steven.

Jack was certainly an A grader before this year but now he's reached elite status IMO. He would be that far ahead in the B&F it's not funny. Someone mentioned a Brownlow smokey. Definitely.

The best thing about the win was how much it mattered to the the players.. After close losses to Hawks and North they really revelled in that win last night..
Well deserved too
I think what I'm most pleased about is the guys get to enjoy bit of elation. My biggest worry during the final quarter was what would happen to us if we lost another close one to a top team. That's a really difficult mental hurdle to overcome. The guys didn't deserve that. Hopefully this is the win that gets the ball rolling!

I wonder if Gresh is a sneaky Rising Star Nomination chance?

A few have better stats but thought his game was pretty huge!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back