News Stadium: The NEW Home of Football in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know what’s the go with the Gold Coast game in RD 3? As I take it this game is not included in any membership package and you can’t buy tickets to the game yet...so are they going to sell 60,000 seats in 8 weeks?

Away game, so you'll be able to get general admission.

Well I am often accused of being a grump, but here goes anyway:

'Docklands stadium is better than Perth stadium.'

There. I said it. I'm not happy I had to say it. But I stand by it. It will take a compelling argument from someone to change my mind.

The numerous restricted view seats, coupled with the inexplicable absense of entry/exit ramps (and instead a myriad of stairs and poorly placed escalators has lead me to this conclusion). It still shits over Subi of course, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement.

Naah, you're on drugs

Irrespective of the (delusional) fan perspective thinking Etihad is better before an AFL game has even been played at OS yet, I'm confident the turf will be a heap better at Perth's Stadium versus that ultra dodgy one at Docklands.

With all due respect, you'll be the delusional one if you were one of the poor sods allocated a restrecited view seat. And I didn't mention the turf - the grass doesn't really affects one's "match day experience" does it? I'm talking about the view and access from a punter's POV. It could and should have been much better. I got my cake, but now I want to eat it too.

With all due respect, you'll be the delusional one if you were one of the poor sods allocated a restrecited view seat. And I didn't mention the turf - the grass doesn't really affects one's "match day experience" does it? I'm talking about the view and access from a punter's POV. It could and should have been much better. I got my cake, but now I want to eat it too.
:) Having a bad day? Plenty of people complain about every new sporting venue in the early days. Don't think Docklands was any different from memory.

Well I am often accused of being a grump, but here goes anyway:

'Docklands stadium is better than Perth stadium.'

There. I said it. I'm not happy I had to say it. But I stand by it. It will take a compelling argument from someone to change my mind.

The numerous restricted view seats, coupled with the inexplicable absense of entry/exit ramps (and instead a myriad of stairs and poorly placed escalators has lead me to this conclusion). It still shits over Subi of course, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement.

I feel the need to reply to this.

There is a massive ramp that circles the entire north side of the stadium.
At all other stair access, there is an adjacent lift.
The restricted viewing fiasco seats are limited to 2 spots on the entire stadium at the cricket pitch production north/south.
I'm bloody proud to have worked on this project for 3 years and it f@#kn sh&ts me that people love to focus on negatives.
The place is awesome!

Imagine the complaints from the Subi residents.

I think it is hilarious they are now complaining that Subiaco has died down as a nightlife spot for people.
It was never a good nightlife spot anyway. Subi Hotel is like that overpriced wanky pub that is reserved for the lawyers.
Subi council paying the price for hedging their bets on Subi Oval and its cheeky parking fines/payments

The restricted viewing fiasco seats are limited to 2 spots on the entire stadium at the cricket pitch production north/south.
I'm bloody proud to have worked on this project for 3 years and it f@#kn sh&ts me that people love to focus on negatives.
The place is awesome!

I wouldn't worry too much - some people live their life being grumpy and picking out negatives. I've been to every event at the stadium thus far and the vast majority have loved it. It's bloody awesome!

The place is awesome!

With a post like that you're just after cheap likes ....... I'll play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think last night showcased how good the stadium will be for footy. The vibe/atmosphere was really good, there was an abundance of food and alcohol, only the Scorchers couldn't deliver a competitive effort. But having 50,000+ Freo supporters boo and cheer in sync will be awesome. Can't wait for the Essendon game!
I went to the scorchers yesterday and the only thing I would complain about is the queues for food and drink. They seemed fairly excessive and you’ll still need to strategically time your purchasing decisions to avoid the rushes. They didn’t seem to pre-pour any drinks and although there may be more food outlets, most only have two registers. It’s knit picking, but I was picturing just being able to get a bite and drink at anytime without waiting 20+ mins.

I live in Leederville. I walk to the footy. So my conflict of interest here is out there for all of you to judge.

After a bit of digging I found this post of yours from earlier in the thread Nodgey. I had a feeling it was either this or that you owned a business in Subi. Probably a bit difficult for you to be unbiased on this one mate. I really hope you can give the new stadium a chance eventually because it's going to be staying put

I went to the scorchers yesterday and the only thing I would complain about is the queues for food and drink. They seemed fairly excessive and you’ll still need to strategically time your purchasing decisions to avoid the rushes. They didn’t seem to pre-pour any drinks and although there may be more food outlets, most only have two registers. It’s knit picking, but I was picturing just being able to get a bite and drink at anytime without waiting 20+ mins.

I found that while there were some queues at some outlets (ie the one right inside Gate C), if you walk another 40-50m there were far less busy outlets. Some outlets were definitely far more busy than others.

I sat the very back of block 548 yesterday and the seats were a hell of a lot better than most at domain, very happy with the stadium, I can't compare to other Aussie stadiums as I havent been but this is a major upgrade on Domain and I will be happy sitting anywhere at the stadium if those seats were anything to go by.

can't wait to try different seats at the womans game

After a bit of digging I found this post of yours from earlier in the thread Nodgey. I had a feeling it was either this or that you owned a business in Subi. Probably a bit difficult for you to be unbiased on this one mate. I really hope you can give the new stadium a chance eventually because it's going to be staying put
Good memory. :thumbsu: I live in Mt Lawley now btw. I think I said earlier how this new stadium shits all over Subi. And in farness, I only had to wait 10 minutes for a bus and was home less than an hour after the game finished which was better than expected. I just think they dropped the ball on some key things.

Do they have any self serve registers? I would have thought there’d be a place for self serve softies, pie, choc etc and paywave? Any other stadiums do that?

Good memory. :thumbsu: I live in Mt Lawley now btw. I think I said earlier how this new stadium shits all over Subi. And in farness, I only had to wait 10 minutes for a bus and was home less than an hour after the game finished which was better than expected. I just think they dropped the ball on some key things.
Burnt:fireemoji::fireemoji::fireemoji::fireemoji::fireemoji:.

Awesome stadium.Some of the smaller alcohol outlets were pretty hectic but the bar on the southern side of the ground was way bigger.
I had no troubles grabbing a beer there.....I can't wait to watch a footy game there,that's when the stadium will really shine imo.

Do they have any self serve registers? I would have thought there’d be a place for self serve softies, pie, choc etc and paywave? Any other stadiums do that?
I didn’t see any. There was a pretty large food outlet near the main gate on level one that only sold pies and sausage rolls (a few chocolates at the register) - that was the fastest & easiest outlet.

I imagine the lines will only be an issue at the main breaks - as with all stadiums I suppose. Was just surprised they didn’t appear to pre-pour any beers and it seems like their approach is more smaller outlets, rather than the larger ones at Subi. Good for getting drinks during quiet times (less far to walk to find one), but think the wait times will be the same during the breaks.

We walked as far as we could on levels 1 & 5 to check it all out. Bare in mind the WACA members took up nearly half the stadium (northern wing) - so potentially they hogged a lot of the facilities - an issue that won’t be present at AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back