News Stadium: The NEW Home of Football in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Do they have any self serve registers? I would have thought there’d be a place for self serve softies, pie, choc etc and paywave? Any other stadiums do that?
Over the past couple years I've been to most of the AFL grounds around Australia, and haven't seen any do this. I'm not sure the potential loss from people not paying, and the slowness of people using their own registers is really worth it.

And as for Docklands being better than the new stadium... well that just can't be right. Docklands is balls. The entire top tier is restricted viewing at cricket because you can't see the boundary line closest to wear you're sitting from any seat there.

Rocked up to the stadium for the first time tonight. Bought the cheapest seats available and had a better view /stadium experience than Subi for sure. If you haven't already, head up to level 5, the view is amazing.
mate thats in my group checked out our seats on thursday evening reckons they are way overpriced up in level 5
as a result wve changed to block 139
i havn't seen it yet (the new stadium) ,ill be just happy to go to the footy anywhere at this stage of the off season

NOW YOU’RE TALKING!!!!

I remembered reading about that and was curious as to where this was at. Do they bring a portaloo too by any chance. Would never have to leave our seats!
You need one of the beer girls from a Japanese baseball game.
sp-wayne-a-20160925.jpg

mate thats in my group checked out our seats on thursday evening reckons they are way overpriced up in level 5
as a result wve changed to block 139
i havn't seen it yet (the new stadium) ,ill be just happy to go to the footy anywhere at this stage of the off season

It does depend on how much you're paying. There's some absolute bargains on level 5 if you can get the category 5 seats - they're at the back of the block but the view is still great.

Biggest bargains are the cat 4 seats on level 3 behind the goals - blocks 301 to 308 (preferably closer to 308 because you're less likely to cop a bit of sun). If anyone's thinking of getting a membership but is spooked by the price, try and get seats in that area. $399 is brilliant value, behind the goals at the new stadium is nothing like behind the goals at Subi. The $249 seats are good too, especially if you can get them at the back of the block. But I suspect they're all gone by now.

Has anyone received anything for their Fremantle Supporters Club membership yet?

when I purchased the Supporters club membership I asked the membership team what I would receive.

Apparently you get a different membership card, has a barcode on it or something. Anyhow I was told to ignore my first membership card (but I am keeping it just in case) and they will send me an updated membership card that will get me into the special areas.

Have not received anything yet.

when I purchased the Supporters club membership I asked the membership team what I would receive.

Apparently you get a different membership card, has a barcode on it or something. Anyhow I was told to ignore my first membership card (but I am keeping it just in case) and they will send me an updated membership card that will get me into the special areas.

Thank you. Obviously not ready for the women’s game then.

That is about what I thought would be the case.... .. Or they program the barcode accordingly on the card they have already sent out.

I know I'll cop s**t for this, but here goes anyway. I've searched this thread and I've googled and I can't find the answer.

Why did we choose not to put a roof on it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I'll cop s**t for this, but here goes anyway. I've searched this thread and I've googled and I can't find the answer.

because we don't get much rain here and the design allows 80 % of seats out, of what rain does fall. plus it is better without a roof anyway and allows
the capacity to be increased in the future.

Cost, weather and cost.

The roof idea has encountered resistance from the WA Government on the grounds that it would add significantly to the budgeted $700 million stadium construction cost and was unnecessary in a city that has fine weather for much of the year.

"The Government never considered a retractable or totally enclosed roof as it was not part of the task force recommendations and was therefore not included in budget considerations.

https://www.ausleisure.com.au/news/perth-major-stadium-to-get-increased-capacity-and-a-roof/

The cost blew out well above the $700m projected anyway.

because we don't get much rain here and the design allows 80 % of seats out, of what rain does fall. plus it is better without a roof anyway and allows the capacity to be increased in the future.

The bolded makes sense, but I'm actually more worried about sun than rain. Perth sun is a campaigner. I also wonder if a roof might also have made it awkward for test cricket with weird shade and lighting.

Tbh even the sides at the top isn’t enclosed fully and you will get buffeted by wind, or rain.

When I pointed this out to my mate, he remarked it might be to prevent overheating (which I nodded to myself made sense).

So just putting the thought out there, but perhaps a roof with hot weather does need to account for overheating.

Tbh even the sides at the top isn’t enclosed fully and you will get buffeted by wind, or rain.

When I pointed this out to my mate, he remarked it might be to prevent overheating (which I nodded to myself made sense).

So just putting the thought out there, but perhaps a roof with hot weather does need to account for overheating.
So what you're saying is: A great marketing opportunity was missed.

Overheated punters under the roof: Drinks sales go through the proverbial roof.
Roof over the stadium: Cover the bastard with a shed load of solar panels.

Stadium paid for by mid-season. Budget balanced by finals time. Canberra and their GST revenue can get nicked.

My first day as a spectator at the new stadium today (was lucky enough to get to have a look through the changerooms and out on the field a few weeks ago).

The view is great and all that, but what really blew me away was the concourse area (is that what it's called?) The amount of room to move is unbelievable and it's magnificently designed the way you can walk around and see the field the entire time... and the bathrooms are absolutely palatial compared to Subi and the MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back