Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll push back on this but only a little, the 24 months from TFA to RO to TLJ were pretty awesome then it just nose dived into squabbling.

Yes valid point. The ending of TFA left so much anticipation. Rogue One was excellent, and then the marketing for TLJ was also top notch (including that outstanding poster).

What I meant to say was the finished product was meh, with the way it was shaped up there was such disappointment from me with the end product. I still question how all of that can be somewhat repaired or salvaged in the final film, but let’s see.

Yes valid point. The ending of TFA left so much anticipation. Rogue One was excellent, and then the marketing for TLJ was also top notch (including that outstanding poster).

What I meant to say was the finished product was meh, with the way it was shaped up there was such disappointment from me with the end product. I still question how all of that can be somewhat repaired or salvaged in the final film, but let’s see.

By bringing Palps back out of nowhere.. Don't really care if they claim it's always been the plan, Snoke was clearly built up to be a much bigger presence than he ended up being with the whole "I witnessed the rise and fall of the Empire".

Rain trolling on twitter already haha

I did have to chuckle at his instant "I <3 STAR WARS" tweet even though this seemingly goes against a lot of what he was trying to achieve with TLJ.

By bringing Palps back out of nowhere.. Don't really care if they claim it's always been the plan, Snoke was clearly built up to be a much bigger presence than he ended up being with the whole "I witnessed the rise and fall of the Empire".

That was another great premise wasted.

Again, it’s only a trailer. But Palpatine appears to have a greater presence than what I first thought. Pretty sure he’s only appearing in a voice type form, but there was an interesting little glimpse of a cloaked figure in front of Rey. Perhaps a vision or something.

I really do hope he’s not actually “alive” if you know what I mean.

Again, it’s only a trailer. But Palpatine appears to have a greater presence than what I first thought. Pretty sure he’s only appearing in a voice type form, but there was an interesting little glimpse of a cloaked figure in front of Rey. Perhaps a vision or something.

Supposedly he is. One theory is it's a bit of a "Quirrel/Voldemort" scenario, perhaps Matt Smith's character..

Just seems dumb to do a big reveal bringing him back (revealed in trailers) only to kill him off again.

Would have made more sense to bring him back at the climax of VIII.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice trailer, but I hope to god the leaked plot isn't true; it's absolutely TERRIBLE and makes no sense at all, and I say that as someone who actually liked about 80% of TLJ. The backlash will be even bigger than TLJ reactions were. TLJ wasn't fan service, fan-pleasing stuff at all, so I understand the controversy, but there's one thing that's worse: trying to please fans by providing them fan service but completely screwing up and contradicting everything that came before it in the process.

It can backfire big time. The good news is that I'll know early on in 9 if the leaked plot is true or not because if it doesn't include the scene it claims to right off the bat, I'll know it's not legit.

In the prequels, Palpatine used the legend of Darth Sidious who could bring people back from the dead in his grooming of Anakin. Maybe there's a tie in here, maybe Palpatine was the apprentice who killed Sidious once he knew the secret.

In the prequels, Palpatine used the legend of Darth Sidious who could bring people back from the dead in his grooming of Anakin. Maybe there's a tie in here, maybe Palpatine was the apprentice who killed Sidious once he knew the secret.

Plageuis.

Palpatine was Sidious.

Plagueis, as SM already mentioned. That opera scene was one of the best scenes in the PT. And yes Palpatine admitted to killing him in his sleep.

Was long rumoured that Snoke was in fact Plagueis.

With the exception of Yoda, Luke back with a blue lightsabre, and the Millennium Falcon flying around blasting TIES in a tunnel that looked suspiciously like an exhaust port to the Return of the Jedi music.

Having recurring characters and motifs is hardly explosive fan service though.

Throwing in every known Star Wars ship from canon on the other hand, even if it makes no logical sense..

I'm sounding overly negative. I'm not, I am looking forward to this film and I think it'll be good. I'm just not sure it'll be great. And that's fine, I guess. RO is likely to remain my favourite Disney-Wars film until we get a KOTOR-esque movie.

I don't want to know the leaks but you think they've been confirmed by the trailer? Interesting. Does it sound good or bad?
Yeah it confirms them imo. The leaks were posted months ago.

If someone told you that "The Heros will land on the outside of a Star Destroyer on horses and ride into battle" in a Star Wars movie, would you believe them? Yet in the trailer it clearly shows it.

I was most likely going to see IX at rhe cinemas when the leaks first came out cause it sounded okay, but in the last month they got updated with the re-shoot details and now I won't be spending money to see the movie.

Again, it’s only a trailer. But Palpatine appears to have a greater presence than what I first thought. Pretty sure he’s only appearing in a voice type form, but there was an interesting little glimpse of a cloaked figure in front of Rey. Perhaps a vision or it something.

Seems pretty alive there, although doing a Paul Pierce impersonation (wheelchair)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back