Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

And these two videos explaining why the real culprit was JJ's story for TFA and not RJ's TLJ, gives me new reason to think Ep9 will suck dog balls. I always originally thought JJ sucked and TFA was a load of rubbish. I still think TLJ is crap, but the videos below really have re-convinced me RJ was backed into a corner and whatever he did with TLJ would've been bad BECAUSE JJ's TFA sucked so much. Given all the rumors/leaks about what Ep9 is about, I can see how JJ's story will be a load of crap still.

And these two videos explaining why the real culprit was JJ's story for TFA and not RJ's TLJ, gives me new reason to think Ep9 will suck dog balls. I always originally thought JJ sucked and TFA was a load of rubbish. I still think TLJ is crap, but the videos below really have re-convinced me RJ was backed into a corner and whatever he did with TLJ would've been bad BECAUSE JJ's TFA sucked so much. Given all the rumors/leaks about what Ep9 is about, I can see how JJ's story will be a load of crap still.

RJ was never in a good position but he wasn’t backed into a corner. He still could have made a good movie within the limitation JJ gave him but instead he just threw it all away.

This is a different youtuber, he's got a lot of great videos too. But I like his point in this video......if JJ undoes everything in ep8 and retcons it in ep9, then it renders ep8 utterly meaningless and useless, and all one has to essentially do is watch 7 and then skip straight to 9, which would ALSO be a massive mistake. That JJ SHOULD be trying to still validate ep8.

RJ was never in a good position but he wasn’t backed into a corner. He still could have made a good movie within the limitation JJ gave him but instead he just threw it all away.
RJ isn't being exonerated by the dude in the video, but he is convincing in pushing MORE OF the blame toward JJ than RJ. Like 70:30, say.

If I watch Ep7 in isolation, everything the dude says is right, because I felt the same way about Ep7 when it first released. s**t movie. Hate JJ. However, it "felt" like Star Wars and promised some threads of an ongoing story, someone who could put meat on the bones, if they were a good writer.

If I watch Ep8 in isolation, it's a really horrific film. So many stupid things in it. I agree with you still. I mean, BOTH these films rank as my absolute worst two SW films ever made. So I hated them both.

In short -- JJ is an idiot, and RJ is an idiot too. And now idiot #1 is back to try to fix all the idiocy that he and idiot #2 created. Don't like the odds of that happening.

RJ isn't being exonerated by the dude in the video, but he is convincing in pushing MORE OF the blame toward JJ than RJ. Like 70:30, say.

If I watch Ep7 in isolation, everything the dude says is right, because I felt the same way about Ep7 when it first released. s**t movie. Hate JJ. However, it "felt" like Star Wars and promised some threads of an ongoing story, someone who could put meat on the bones, if they were a good writer.

If I watch Ep8 in isolation, it's a really horrific film. So many stupid things in it. I agree with you still. I mean, BOTH these films rank as my absolute worst two SW films ever made. So I hated them both.

In short -- JJ is an idiot, and RJ is an idiot too. And now idiot #1 is back to try to fix all the idiocy that he and idiot #2 created. Don't like the odds of that happening.
I lean towards blaming RJ more becuase he effectively killed the trilogy, there was still a tiny bit of hope after TFA but I agree with the rest.

Funny I really liked both of the movies when I first watched them. Then when I rewatched the TFA things started to bug me and I realised there’s no point in watching until the rest of the films come out as I may as well just watch the better version of that movie ANH.

I liked TJL when I first watched it but there were a couple of glaring problems that annoyed me, like Luke trying to kill his nephew, no lightsaber battle and ending the movie on broom kid. But I kept tying to think about the positives until I realised that all I’ve those positives have a problem.

50-50 for me as TFA was still a contraction where insular instances went to die to red laser beams, TLJ was simply the nail that took characters and development along with it whilst introducing aresehole logic where most thought is through your arse because everything else is just painful and you end up bleeding everywhere.

The prequels at least added to the overall construct even if most of it wasn't very good or really meaningful, but this trilogy is what it is wanting to be, a representation of the death of the Skywalker family, only, it also took Star Wars with with it for a few.

He also reckons his source says Disney had a problem on their hands with Rey being a super mary sue, admittedly they erred, and their way of fixing the continuity error with SW lore is to make Rey a super clone of multiple elements like palpatine etc, to explain away her super mary sueness.

All roads lead to Kamino.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C-3PO with Chewie’s bow caster? Interesting.

The poster also matches up with some of what GG posted a while ago:
  • There are solid red First Order Troopers, yet their role is unclear at this point in time.
  • Nien Nunb appears in an identical costume from the previous films and has a larger role than either TFA or TLJ.
  • The Knights of Ren do appear and each have a distinct weapon of choice as has been previously seen in TFA and the concept art for that film.
    • We don't have any confirmation that the any of the Knights previously seen in TFA will or won't be appearing in IX.
  • Keri Russell's character is a bounty hunter with an allegiance that is unclear to my source. Keri's character wears a purple (nearly magenta) jumpsuit with bronze/gold accessories, including an elongated helmet.
    • Think about a fancier version of Zam Wesell and my source says that will get you pretty close.
  • Naomi Ackie's character is supposedly Finn's sister.
    • Moderator's note: This point was presented to my source as factual like all the other parts of this post, but I believe it might be wise to take this one with a grain of salt until other sources can corroborate this particular bit of information.
  • C-3PO has a scene where he holds military gear. It's unclear whether he actually fires any weapons though.
    • My source doesn't recall exact details but 3PO appeared to have a bag or net (not unlike the Ewok trap net) and what he/she believes to be Chewie's bowcaster.

Impressive work GG, having said that if you copy and paste enough s**t in this thread, eventually something will land true :D
i do filter out stuff i dont deem worthy of attention, or if i feel the guy isnt legit. tho i do have a sick addiction for those mentally unwell vloggers

The general consensus on youtube seems to be that this poster is not the official one, but one of a bunch of test posters that Disney/LF leaked on purpose to gauge fan reaction. Especially as the image is low-resolution, like someone took a photo of it and then made it poster sized. A lot of the images in the poster are of previously leaked rumors, like they slapped together a number of rumors onto a poster. Also that all the images do confirm costumes/etc that have previously leaked for the main characters especially and the characters are in new poses with those costumes, so it's not like some fan photoshopped stuff, but like actual images of the characters in their new costumes in new poses. Also the star wars logo is way too small and too far at the bottom to be an official one (compare to previous ST posters). Obviously too it's not the official poster because there's no Luke, Leia, Landa.

Not a fan-made poster passed off as real, but like a Disney/LF test poster among many that exist, but this got leaked as a fan gauge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back