Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

The possible emotion of the scene was lost by the randomness of it all.

RJ has more finesse in filmmaking than JJ, but he didn't show it in that part.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
It doesn't even transition from Luke to the kids so your point is utterly bizarre.

Plus at the time it wasn't clear he was dead, he went from floating to thin air and for all we knew it was a new force ability.

It was clear he was dead. He vanished.

Luke - Falcon - Kids

Er, exactly. So it doesn't go from Luke to the kids, and in fact the moment of his death is accentuated by Leia and Rey talking about feeling him die and him being at peace.

The kids are a jarring end to the film, but not because of Luke's death.

Er, exactly. So it doesn't go from Luke to the kids, and in fact the moment of his death is accentuated by Leia and Rey talking about feeling him die and him being at peace.

The kids are a jarring end to the film, but not because of Luke's death.
Yes, their minute conversation really wraps it up, on to meeting Poe and being all smiley

Yes, their minute conversation really wraps it up, on to meeting Poe and being all smiley

Oh so now it's that the conversation on the Falcon was jarring after Luke's death, not the kids?

Man I dunno what you're arguing half the time.

Oh so now it's that the conversation on the Falcon was jarring after Luke's death, not the kids?

Man I dunno what you're arguing half the time.
You're being pedantic.

The entire thing was glossed over and moved on from at a pace not befitting of the situation. That's my point. That's why it's jarring.

OK HERE IS THE REVIEW!!!

<warning... SPOILERS AHEAD>
  • There is HEAPS of exposition. It felt like some space wizard cast a spell making the main characters unable to do anything until some random character walked into the screen to explain what had to be done. Some of the writing here was criminal "Ok, so we're going to go to planet blah blah to collect a doopey scooper, okey dokey, roll 'em!"
  • The first 5 minutes was dumb as *, I was laughing out loud watching Kylo Ren walk around like "Hmm what's he doing again?" then I realised he and the writers probably didn't know either.
  • Opening crawl was s**t, didn't really have that "star wars" feel IMO.
  • TOO MUCH FAN SERVICE! I didn't even know what some of that fan service was, like giving Chewie a medal, pfft.
  • A couple of EWOKS doing a cameo at the end, nice. Love wicket.
  • Lezzo pash, lame as *. Should have been Poe and Finn pashing at the end.
  • Lando is sleazy, I liked it. Could have been sleazier.
  • ROSE being retconned was FANTASTIC, the bit where Finn says he's going to planet blah blah to collect a doopey scooper and Rose is like "be safe" and Finn puts a hand on her shoulder and walks off was cold as *, like, wowee. That bitch saved your life and now you don't even want to give her a kiss on the cheek, * me. Only thing better would be if he just said to her "Sorry, what's your name again?"
  • The final fight scene was turd. Literally peed a little when Daisy said "I AM ALL THE JEDI!" even though I knew it was coming. A good, strong, hearty laugh-out-loud moment.
  • Speaking of Daisy, she's got a body like this country girl I dated once. She wasn't too pretty but goddamn she could ball all night. Insatiable appetite for hose, absolutely filthy she was.
  • Last hour felt rushed.
  • Why did Daisy * off on her own with the bb8 thing at the end. Saved the galaxy. found friends for the first time ever. Moves to the desert by herself. Ok.
Overall I'd give it a solid 6.5/10. Enjoyable space movie that I'll never watch again.

Third best behind Rouge One and Solo out of the new ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're being pedantic.

The entire thing was glossed over and moved on from at a pace not befitting of the situation. That's my point. That's why it's jarring.

I'm not being pedantic just because you've made an irrational point. Luke's death is given quite a long moment in the movie, from the actual scene, to Rey and Leia then discussing it.

I'm not being pedantic just because you've made an irrational point. Luke's death is given quite a long moment in the movie, from the actual scene, to Rey and Leia then discussing it.
Then it's a difference of opinion

Finally got around to watching it last night, undecided a bit on it, I definitely liked it a lot better than TLJ, but it really felt like they had so much to do and just crammed it all in, an extended directors cut might be interesting.

Tonight's viewing will be the special features. Started watching it last week and it looked good but was just in the background whilst I did other things so will watch it properly tonight.

I personally think that JJ (Abrams) never intended Rey to be Palpatine's Daughter, but when Rian Johnson (imo unwisely) has Snoke killed off in The Last Jedi, he had to make a different family background to her, even though as a die hard Darth Sidious/Palpatine fan, i greatly enjoyed it.

I do now like and appreciate The Last Jedi very much, but RJ really put a spanner in the works for JJ's original vision (in my opinion)
And the JJ squared him right back up!

They really needed a lose story at least planned out and someone to oversee the whole trilogy. I like TLJ more than TFA but honestly it left whoever was going to take over with very little to work with after spending most of its running time tearing down its predecessor.

A few more thoughts after mulling it all over some more:
  • Everyone in TFA: "Jedi... who is Jedi? What skywalking?"... everyone in RoS: "OMG IT'S THE EMPEROR OH NOES HE'S BACK!!!". Not sure how that works.
  • The whole "Emperor is hiding in the far end of the galaxy" thing was lame, also lol the galaxy is smaller than the sandpit in my backyard. Lando and Chewy did a round trip of the galaxy and found an entire legion and that took them like twenty minutes. And they had to convince people too, how did that go. "Hey that evil guy from 30 years ago just pulled about 10,000 planet destroying space ships out of his arse but we got a couple of horses and a space wizard, wanna come get killed? OKEY DOKEY, ROLL 'EM!"
  • HOKEY HUMOUR RUINING KEY MOMENTS. The big traitor arc "I AM THE SPY!" then Isaac and Poe are like "OHHH OF COURSE!! I KNEW IT!" "OH DID YOU?!?!" "NU-UH GIRLFRIEND, NO YOU DIN'T, NO YOU DIN'T!!". Actually come to think of it this could be one of the few moments of subtlety in the film with JJ tacitly letting the audience know that particular arc was some straight up do doo. Don't even know why they bothered having the Finn/Hux dialogue afterwards, would have been way better if Finn or Chewie shot him anyway or even if you just never saw Hux again after that, another completely wasted character. "I ONLY CARE IF KYLO LOSES!" Okkkkkaayyy!
  • MORE HOKEY HUMOUR after C3P0 falls into that sandpit on the way to find one of the magillaguffins and is like "HEY FRIENDS I'm HERE TOO THANKS FOR THINKING OF ME!" and no one gives a s**t, totally undercuts the next scene where he's like "I wanna see my friends!!", what a waste.
  • Not enough R2D2 or BB-8.
  • Whole film is like "Oh, that's lucky!". Go to planet to find a thing and Isaac's girlfriend appears, or Lando appears, or a whole armada appears, or general hux (as a face) appears, "well, that was pretty good!!".
  • Should have had a scene where Luke squeezed some milky out of another big T**ty alien.
Piece of s**t film.

A few more thoughts after mulling it all over some more:
  • Everyone in TFA: "Jedi... who is Jedi? What skywalking?"... everyone in RoS: "OMG IT'S THE EMPEROR OH NOES HE'S BACK!!!". Not sure how that works.
  • The whole "Emperor is hiding in the far end of the galaxy" thing was lame, also lol the galaxy is smaller than the sandpit in my backyard. Lando and Chewy did a round trip of the galaxy and found an entire legion and that took them like twenty minutes. And they had to convince people too, how did that go. "Hey that evil guy from 30 years ago just pulled about 10,000 planet destroying space ships out of his arse but we got a couple of horses and a space wizard, wanna come get killed? OKEY DOKEY, ROLL 'EM!"
  • HOKEY HUMOUR RUINING KEY MOMENTS. The big traitor arc "I AM THE SPY!" then Isaac and Poe are like "OHHH OF COURSE!! I KNEW IT!" "OH DID YOU?!?!" "NU-UH GIRLFRIEND, NO YOU DIN'T, NO YOU DIN'T!!". Actually come to think of it this could be one of the few moments of subtlety in the film with JJ tacitly letting the audience know that particular arc was some straight up do doo. Don't even know why they bothered having the Finn/Hux dialogue afterwards, would have been way better if Finn or Chewie shot him anyway or even if you just never saw Hux again after that, another completely wasted character. "I ONLY CARE IF KYLO LOSES!" Okkkkkaayyy!
  • MORE HOKEY HUMOUR after C3P0 falls into that sandpit on the way to find one of the magillaguffins and is like "HEY FRIENDS I'm HERE TOO THANKS FOR THINKING OF ME!" and no one gives a s**t, totally undercuts the next scene where he's like "I wanna see my friends!!", what a waste.
  • Not enough R2D2 or BB-8.
  • Whole film is like "Oh, that's lucky!". Go to planet to find a thing and Isaac's girlfriend appears, or Lando appears, or a whole armada appears, or general hux (as a face) appears, "well, that was pretty good!!".
  • Should have had a scene where Luke squeezed some milky out of another big T**ty alien.
Piece of s**t film.
You have a very good eye for observing. You mentioned a few things there i dont think anyone has in this mega long thread or in youtube reviews.

Tros is perhaps THE worst big budget movie ever made.

You have a very good eye for observing. You mentioned a few things there i dont think anyone has in this mega long thread or in youtube reviews.

Tros is perhaps THE worst big budget movie ever made.
Haha, thank you, but I'm pretty sure it's all been touched on before.

Worst big budget movie is a big call. It was a rushed, underwhelming end to a pretty average trilogy. I prefer the second trilogy because it had a decent story. This whole last trilogy was a mess.

Would love to hear a completely honest take on all this one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back