Prediction Starting Best 22 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no body really obvious.

Either way he's definitely best 22 and it doesn't make a great deal of sense to not play a guy that talented especially to start the year.
He needs games to grow and to play Sam Gilbert ahead of him or even Montagna is simply halting the growth of the team
^..
Billings and D-Mac > Montagna + Gilbert any *in day of the week

Fisher, Dempster, Carlisle and Hugh won't play in the same side. I reckon Fisher is done.
Sav to the backline.
Billings to wing.

Not a bad effort from an opposition poster.

St Kilda's 2017 best 22

B: Sean Dempster, Hugh Goddard, Sam Fisher

HB: Jack Newnes, Jack Carlisle, Sam Gilbert

C: Leigh Montagna, Jack Steven, Shane Savage

HF: Blake Acres, Nick Riewoldt, Tim Membrey

F: Jade Gresham, Paddy McCartin, Josh Bruce

R: Tom Hickey, Sebastian Ross, David Armitage

INT: Maverick Weller, Luke Dunstan, Dylan Roberton, Jarryn Geary

EMG: Jack Billings, Nathan Wright, Darren Minchington

2017 Predictions

Ladder Position: 7th-9th
Club leading goal kicker: Tim Membrey (55)
Best & Fairest: Jack Newnes
Most Improved player: Paddy McCartin
Most underrated player: Jack Newnes
All-Australian contenders: Jack Newnes, Nick Riewoldt, Tim Membrey, Jack Steven

Out: Goddard (later Fisher)

In Billings

Excellent job from an opposition supporter but listened to media nonsense to much regarding Billings. Had a strong finish to the year after an iffy middle period and still got more than 20 touches a game. Also too tall in defence

2017 starting best 22 with our current list:

B: GEARY, DEMPSTER, ROBERTON
HB: MONTAGNA, CARLISLE, SAVAGE
C: NEWNES, ACRES, RIEWOLDT
HF: BILLINGS, BRUCE, MEMBREY
F: GRESHAM, McCARTIN, WELLER
R: HICKEY, ROSS, STEVEN
INT: ARMITAGE, McKENZIE, DUNSTAN, ROSS

2017 outside the realms of possibility but would love to be our starting best 22:

B: GEARY, HURLEY, DEMPSTER
HB: NEWNES, CARLISLE, SAVAGE
C: KELLY, ACRES, RIEWOLDT
HF: BILLINGS, BRUCE, MEMBREY
F: GRESHAM, McCARTIN, WELLER
R: HICKEY, FYFE, STEVEN
INT: DUNSTAN, ROBERTON, ROSS, McKENZIE

B-Geary-Dempster-Roberton
HB-Montagna-Carlisle-White
C-Newnes-Acres-Riewoltd
HF-Billings-Bruce-Gresham
F-Members-Paddy-Lonie

R-Hickey-Ross-Steven

INT-Weller-DMac-Gilbert-Armo

I think Savage is our most over rated player. He is far from the most courageous player and in my eyes is pretty one dimensional. A streaky but great when its working kick. Would rather play the kid who also has a great kick but will develop far more aspects to his game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back: Geary - ??? - Dempster
Half back: Roberton - Carlisle - Webster
Centre: Montagna - Steven - Riewoldt
Half Forward: Billings - Membrey - McCartin
Forward: Lonie - Bruce - Weller
Ruck: Hickey - Ross - Armitage
Interchange: Dunstan - Savage - Gresham - Newnes

Emergency: McKenzie, Gilbert, White.

I think we need to recruit a true Fullback in the off season.

Back: Geary - ??? - Dempster
Half back: Roberton - Carlisle - Webster
Centre: Montagna - Steven - Riewoldt
Half Forward: Billings - Membrey - McCartin
Forward: Lonie - Bruce - Weller
Ruck: Hickey - Ross - Armitage
Interchange: Dunstan - Savage - Gresham - Newnes

Emergency: McKenzie, Gilbert, White.

I think we need to recruit a true Fullback in the off season.
Mitch brown

Webster needs a lot of improvement before he is my top team- plays too far off his man and not great in one-on-one marking duels. White is the man for the half back flank. Billings has all the skills, but needs a lot more intensity at the contest, though I'll see how he goes with a good pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not even the best full back free agent with the last name 'Brown' this year. Just no.

I'd prefer Frost from the Pies if we were after a CPB type. At least he's young.

Find it interesting out of all the sides that have been put up, only 1 has Dunstan in the starting 18.
just wondering where people see him over the next couple of years.

Webster needs improvement so a one-gamer is ahead of him? We don't even know what White's good and bad at yet!

It's going to be i treating to watch the running or rebound backs competing for spots over the next few years. Savage looks a lock but we have D Mac, Webster, White and Rice all coming on. D Mac was looking very promising by the end of the year and White's debut was fantastic. Rice got better at VFL level by the end of the year too.

Surprised so many have Webster in the starting 18. I can't squeeze him into the 22 let alone the 18, unless he improves - this year was disappointing.
I think his quality kicking mixed with his guts will get him a gig come round one. Expecting him to go up a notch next year (hopefully) ;)

Find it interesting out of all the sides that have been put up, only 1 has Dunstan in the starting 18.
just wondering where people see him over the next couple of years.
Good point. Hes easily overlooked, Id love to see him come out flying again like his first season. He owes me, I had him at 25 to 1 to win rising star as a roughy. Got a nom too I think.

Round 2! We all thought he was going to be a superstar at that point, fair to say he plateaued a bit but I'm holding out hope.
Dunstan's unfortunately had the same level of output over his first 3 years. Shown minimal improvement, whereas Acres clearly has developed. Acres already arguably better by the end of year 3, and I reckon that gap will grow by the end end of next year. Definitely still hope for Luke, but I don't think he's ever going to be more than a solid midfielder.

Dunstan's unfortunately had the same level of output over his first 3 years. Shown minimal improvement, whereas Acres clearly has developed. Acres already arguably better by the end of year 3, and I reckon that gap will grow by the end end of next year. Definitely still hope for Luke, but I don't think he's ever going to be more than a solid midfielder.

As long as he can be that 25 possession a week mid who spreads and links he's going to be handy. All teams need a few work horses to go with the cream, North Melbourne's mids are who he should use his game on, they seem to have a heap of those good serviceable soldiers a couple of years older than him. Cunnington, Swallow and Ziebel all not quite elite but very high level players who go in hard and play to their strengths.

As long as he can be that 25 possession a week mid who spreads and links he's going to be handy. All teams need a few work horses to go with the cream, North Melbourne's mids are who he should use his game on, they seem to have a heap of those good serviceable soldiers a couple of years older than him. Cunnington, Swallow and Ziebel all not quite elite but very high level players who go in hard and play to their strengths.
I'm hoping he gets to their level, definitely shown the potential to, especially early on.

Back- geary Dempster roberton
Hb- joey Carlisle dmac
Center- newnes steven roo
Hf- billings bruce weller
Fwd- gresh paddy membrey
Ruck: hickey armo acres
Bench- gilbert ross dunstan savage

Emg- Sinclair webster lonie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back