Prediction Starting Best 22 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have mentioned McKenzie. I also didn't mention Webster. That's comfortably 30 blokes I would have absolutely no problem with being in the side.

That's a very exciting position for us isn't it. Not to mention we will have even more depth if Long and the other new draftees step up quickly. I think depth is the best way to get improvement and must admit I'm bullish about us this year as a result.

Can't wait to see the rd 1 team.

My round 1 teams;

B: Geary, Brown, Robertson
HB: Savage, Dempster, Montagna
C: Newnes, Armitage, Riewoldt
HF: Billings, Bruce, Membrey
F: Weller, McCartin, Lonie
R: Hickey, Steven, Ross
Int: Acres, Gilbert, Stevens, Sinclair

DMac, Webster, Dunstan really stiff.

I'm a big Sinclair fan. His debut year he was so creative and classy up front and I think he will really add something to the team if he kicks on this year.

You blew your credibility when you wrote Robertson.

My team for round one

Peckett Hudgeton Penny
Fisher Koschitzke Gwilt
Montagna Hayes Gram
Hamill Loewe Dal Santo
Milne Gehrig Saad
Gardiner Harvey Burke

My team for round one

Peckett Hudgeton Penny
Fisher Koschitzke Gwilt
Montagna Hayes Gram
Hamill Loewe Dal Santo
Milne Gehrig Saad
Gardiner Harvey Burke
Saad ahead of Schneider/Guerra?

Aussie ahead of Gwilt :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL going to be awesome to watch this year!

Not a lot of love for a Mr B White above. Hope he cracks some skulls 2017.

B White? Love?

Darling, I can't get enough of your love babe
Girl, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know why
I can't get enough of your love babe
Oh no, babe

When the team for round 1 is announced, I reckon there will be some calls that might be perceived here as really harsh. For instance lets take McKenzie. His finishing to the year was very strong, and according to reports both from the club internally and by people watching training, he is performing exceptionally well and is well and truly ready to take it to the next level. So judging by this, it will be hard for the coaches to leave him out of the 22.

So say McKenzie is included, who gets omitted? On many of our best 22's we are already leaving out Gilbert and Dempster. So do you leave out Savage, Roberton, Dunstan? And then there's the matter of Sinclair, Lonie, White, Freeman (if fit) etc. It will be extremely hard to put many deserving players into the team. For what it's worth, I think this should be the 22 for the game against Melbourne, but of course it will likely be different to mine.

B: Geary - Brown - Dempster
HB: Savage - Carlisle - Roberton
C: Newnes - Armitage - Riewoldt
HF: Billings - Bruce - Membrey
F: Weller - McCartin - Gresham
Int: Acres, McKenzie, Stevens, Montagna

When the team for round 1 is announced, I reckon there will be some calls that might be perceived here as really harsh. For instance lets take McKenzie. His finishing to the year was very strong, and according to reports both from the club internally and by people watching training, he is performing exceptionally well and is well and truly ready to take it to the next level. So judging by this, it will be hard for the coaches to leave him out of the 22.

So say McKenzie is included, who gets omitted? On many of our best 22's we are already leaving out Gilbert and Dempster. So do you leave out Savage, Roberton, Dunstan? And then there's the matter of Sinclair, Lonie, White, Freeman (if fit) etc. It will be extremely hard to put many deserving players into the team. For what it's worth, I think this should be the 22 for the game against Melbourne, but of course it will likely be different to mine.

I guess a lot will depend how they go in the JLTCS. ( stuffed if i'll type out the whole name ).
McKenzie will need to stand out to get selected in the season proper.
How many players in a pre-season squad?

Game 1 i'd like to see:

FB: Rice - Brown - White
HB: McKenzie -Carlisle - Roberton
C: Acres -Stevens- Billings
HF: Membrey, Minchington, Battle
FF: Lonie, McCartin, Long
F: Dunstan, Longer, Ross

Coughlan, Freeman, Gilbert, O'Kearney, Sinclair, Wright, Webster, Gresham, Phillips

Ross = Captain.

I guess a lot will depend how they go in the JLTCS. ( stuffed if i'll type out the whole name ).
McKenzie will need to stand out to get selected in the season proper.
How many players in a pre-season squad?

Game 1 i'd like to see:

FB: Rice - Brown - White
HB: McKenzie -Carlisle - Roberton
C: Acres -Stevens- Billings
HF: Membrey, Minchington, Battle
FF: Lonie, McCartin, Long
F: Dunstan, Longer, Ross

Coughlan, Freeman, Gilbert, O'Kearney, Sinclair, Wright, Webster, Gresham, Phillips

Ross = Captain.
I like the idea of a young (under 25) & new (Brown, Stevens) side out there..... Just wondering why you sneak Gilbo in to that side?

Your points are spot on and that's what they'll probably do in terms of best performing at the time and gradually change after a game or two.

Only change I'd make from your team is Jack Steele for D-Mac and we're good.

I like the idea of a young (under 25) & new (Brown, Stevens) side out there..... Just wondering why you sneak Gilbo in to that side?

i think he's under the pump and needs to compete for a spot in round 1. Also a pretty versatile player to have, and i don't like setting up a team to lose, even a pre-season game.

Your points are spot on and that's what they'll probably do in terms of best performing at the time and gradually change after a game or two.

Only change I'd make from your team is Jack Steele for D-Mac and we're good.
I had Steele in my first team instead of D Mac, but given his foot issues I don't think he will be 100% ready for round 1, like say D Mac will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back