Opinion Stupid Trades not allowed to be Done on the Weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats stupid is having a whole period dedicated to trades.

AFL is so petty and immature it can’t handle if / when a player leaves a club.

NRL is good, players know they perform or they are out (presumably without pay).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the American sports view on players. The best thing is that you never really know who is going to win each year. I also believe the American athletes are mentally more prepared for to be drafted or traded wherever. They are happy to just play the game. Also clubs can get best value for them and their fans and help fast track rebuilds.

Think about clubs like North and Gold Coast and how quick they could rebuild if they could trade blokes for best value and not have players demand to be traded after a year knowing they haven't reached free agency. They either sign the dotted line or get traded to a club of Gold Coast or Norths choice and who offers them the best deal.

Love the American sports view on players. The best thing is that you never really know who is going to win each year. I also believe the American athletes are mentally more prepared for to be drafted or traded wherever. They are happy to just play the game. Also clubs can get best value for them and their fans and help fast track rebuilds.

Think about clubs like North and Gold Coast and how quick they could rebuild if they could trade blokes for best value and not have players demand to be traded after a year knowing they haven't reached free agency. They either sign the dotted line or get traded to a club of Gold Coast or Norths choice and who offers them the best deal.

The American draft is different as most have been in the university system and are older. Not 18 year olds fresh out of high school.

AFL missed an opportunity to raise the draft age by a year over the last two years.

I just think its Silly that in Middle of the Trade Period no Trades can be Offically done on the Weekend.

IF it's for Holidays after the Trade Period Ends the next things is List Lodgments on 29th of November which is 21 Days Away so why can't they have Holiday's Then?

Hang in there mate. Only 18 hours to go.

I just think its Silly that in Middle of the Trade Period no Trades can be Offically done on the Weekend.

IF it's for Holidays after the Trade Period Ends the next things is List Lodgments on 29th of November which is 21 Days Away so why can't they have Holiday's Then?

I reckon in the past there's been trades announced over the weekend with, "paperwork to be lodged first thing Monday". It's still going on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back