Autopsy SUNS Vs St Kilda June 16

Remove this Banner Ad

At the time of this post our pick 2 has accumulated 84 points in the suns board medal. Weller and ballard you beauty!!!!
How bloody good is it.
Just imagine if we had used that pick 2 at the draft we would be sitting here saying gee what will we get for him after he's already ask for a trade back home to mummy in Victoria

:rolleyes: always one of these people in every forum
It's fine, you can have your opinion. I just recommend that you get your glasses prescription updated because if you watch those three examples and a dozen others, you will see hands in the back. Also, once you have your new spectacles, maybe actually read what I wrote before lazily commenting with your usual contrary dissonance.

It's fine, you can have your opinion. I just recommend that you get your glasses prescription updated because if you watch those three examples and a dozen others, you will see hands in the back. Also, once you have your new spectacles, maybe actually read what I wrote before lazily commenting with your usual contrary dissonance.
No need for the personal attack
And Please show me in those three photo where the hands in the bloody back are.

Umpires also missed a heap of frees for the saints as well so get over it mate its done the umpires didn't cost us the bloody game

Last edited:

No need for the personal attack
And Please show me in those three photo where the hands in the bloody back are.

Umpires also missed a heap of frees for the saints as well so get over it mate its done the umpires didn't cost us the bloody game
I didn't personally attack you. If you think I did then I have no clue how you've lasted 5 years on this forum.

The photos are video stills from the game. Watch them again. The umpires have an interpretation to make and they are consistently being lenient on Suns opponents and harsh on the Suns themselves. How many goals did the Saints kick directly from free kicks?

Furthermore, did they review the goal where Jack Bowes claimed to have touched the ball off the boot? No. I suppose Jack is a liar then and should just get over it?

How bloody good is it.
Just imagine if we had used that pick 2 at the draft we would be sitting here saying gee what will we get for him after he's already ask for a trade back home to mummy in Victoria
Looking at it practically:
- Brayshaw went at 2 but looks like the sort of bloke that was going to commit to a club no matter where he went so dont think he had any 'go home' factor - Hasn't been all that much better than Ballard but would probably have been unlikely to be taken by us
- Likely would have taken Davies-Uniacke who's been struggling even at VFL level. May have dodged a bullet there
- Stephenson probably the only one that I would have been pissed about missing with pick 2 but apparently QLD clubs ruled him out due to the heart issue

All in all, should have probably copped a 2nd round pick back rather than a 4th but Weller and Ballard for Brayshaw? I'll take it

I didn't personally attack you. If you think I did then I have no clue how you've lasted 5 years on this forum.

The photos are video stills from the game. Watch them again. The umpires have an interpretation to make and they are consistently being lenient on Suns opponents and harsh on the Suns themselves. How many goals did the Saints kick directly from free kicks?

Furthermore, did they review the goal where Jack Bowes claimed to have touched the ball off the boot? No. I suppose Jack is a liar then and should just get over it?

Well that's your bias opinion and that fine.

And Yes they did review the goal Jack Bowes claimed he touched not an offical on ground review but did hear the umpire on my sports ear radio say they are checking it

99% of the time Witts hits the ball to our advantage but our midfielders are so s*** atm they can't read the ball at all and are to busy trying to defend all the time primus needs to go asap

disagree re: watts
agree re: midfield

Who's is the midfield coach?
Guess?

Dean Solomon - Senior Assistant Coach

Andy Lovell - Assistant Coach

Matthew Primus - Assistant Coach

Ashley Prescott - Assistant Coach

My brother rang me straight after the game from Melbourne and said QUOTE.
"Your midfield coach should be sacked immediately. Your set up at stoppages and centre bounces was VFL standard. It also cost you the winning goal. Get rid of him immediately."
Watching on TV, the commentators were going on about how poor our set up was in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My brother rang me straight after the game from Melbourne and said QUOTE.
"Your midfield coach should be sacked immediately. Your set up at stoppages and centre bounces was VFL standard. It also cost you the winning goal. Get rid of him immediately."
Lyons was also on the bench for the last few minutes. Surely you want him at the bounce?

I fear Dew is trying to extract more out of both Lyons and Swallow than they're able to give. Both are solid support midfielders but are not going to be A graders - Swallow due to his previous poundings, and Lyons due to his skill and pace limitations.

I'd rate our midfield as B grade at best currently.

Have hope that Ainsworth and Bowes, together with whoever is our top pick at the next draft, can develop into an A Grade combo.

Eagles have shuey and gaff, clear a graders. The rest suck
Shuey missed a few round and they still keep winning until Sydney Match , midfield is the main problem , but not the whole picture . Need somebody better than Risca playing HB , Weller and Martin is not the long term answer either .

Who were North, Bulldog , Carlton , st kilda ,Essendon , Eagles A grade midfield ?
North: Cunnington might not be super damaging but he gets too many clearances/contested possessions to not be considered A grade. Higgins also bordeline
Bulldogs: Bont and Macrae obviously. Liberatore was unbelievably good before he did his ACL the first time so the talent is there. Dahlhaus and Wallis good B grade mids
Carlton: Cripps easily. Murphy solid B+ support and Kruezer one of the best rucks
St. Kilda: Jack Steven - absolutely destroyed us on the weekend
Essendon: Zac Merrett been a bit off this year but still has enough body of work to be considered an A grade midfielder. Heppell borderline
Eagles: Shuey and Gaff both A grade for sure. Yeo also an A grader and is thrown in the middle a lot. Redden turned into a solid B grade support mid this season and they have Nic Nat as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the answer , so do GC draft a few of them this year 18 years , State league mature players hoping few of them become A , B grader or trade in C+,B- grade midfielder from other team ?
All this players (Cripps , Bontempelli,Merrett ) mention need few years of Development from their own team before they come good .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back