Preview Suns vs Tigers @MCG - Sunday 12th June 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I never thought I would see the day that Shaun Hampson played better than an opposition ruckman.

Otherwise, we're at least getting better and better at showing effort. And Ablett looks like he's getting more and more form, so thank goodness for that!

We just need Swallow, O'Meara, and Saad back in the team.
We never thought we'd see that day either but he has been surprisingly good this year, a lot better as the sole first ruck rather than sharing the load or playing 2nd fiddle.

Just watched the replay.. Is it normal for someone like Fiorini to fly down with the team and sit in on the team meetings etc.
He has never even played AFL why wouldn't he just stayed on the coast with the NEAFL team?
Or was he down because of bye weekend to visit the family.

Be good if the Suns can already see Fiorini as a big part of the clubs future so there fast tracking his development whilst injured

Just watched the replay.. Is it normal for someone like Fiorini to fly down with the team and sit in on the team meetings etc.
He has never even played AFL why wouldn't he just stayed on the coast with the NEAFL team?
Or was he down because of bye weekend to visit the family.

Be good if the Suns can already see Fiorini as a big part of the clubs future so there fast tracking his development whilst injured

VIC kid going down to see family for the weekend. Watching the pre-game video in the meeting you can see Saad, Fiorini and maybe one or two others victorians I think who were injured and travelled down with the team to see their families for the long weekend. May as well seeing as they couldnt play NEAFL either. But it is good for him to experience travelling with the team and the pre-game stuff as well.

Serious question. Are Suns supporters outraged by the Sam Lloyd fly on Kade K that resulted in him being concussed and going to hospital?

I didn't think it was intentionally meant to cause harm. (And cheers to KK. Hope he passes all medical tests and is playing again soon.)

One journalist is angry

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/it...s/news-story/8e9a70fd2fcdd045b0167276a1516179

I mean I see where the journo is coming from but if you ban the specky there would be outrage. Its fairly unique to Aussie Rules, which is what makes it great I think.

Back to the incident, it looked pretty bad in that it looked like it could break kades neck with force like that, but there was no intent at all to cause injury. He just unfortunately got him in a bad spot rather on the shoulder. I didn't like watching it (obviously) but there was nothing malicious about. These things just happen sometimes in footy. And hopefully kk's doing well, but boy he needs time off to get himself right after the illness and now this.

I mean I see where the journo is coming from but if you ban the specky there would be outrage. Its fairly unique to Aussie Rules, which is what makes it great I think.

Yes, the specky is part of our game.
We certainly don't want players badly injured or worse (Phillip Hughes R.I.P. from a cricket ball hitting in that area).

Once again, a speedy recovery and return to robust good health for Kade.

Serious question. Are Suns supporters outraged by the Sam Lloyd fly on Kade K that resulted in him being concussed and going to hospital?

I didn't think it was intentionally meant to cause harm. (And cheers to KK. Hope he passes all medical tests and is playing again soon.)

One journalist is angry

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/it...s/news-story/8e9a70fd2fcdd045b0167276a1516179
It's a contact sport. Injuries will happen. That's that. Certainly don't think Lloyd was malicious, and I'd be dubious calling it even clumsy (he got him in a bad spot, but it's not like the marking attempt was unrealistic), so there's not much to grouch about IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back