USA Supreme Court of America ( SCOTUS) and their extremist right wing agenda.

Remove this Banner Ad

100% agree on the legacy admissions, this should also be abolished, although I can't see that ever going. Too many 'gifts' to people in high places given from those families.

I did find this tweet interesting though:

Is she serious? Black people won't be able to succeed in a 'merit based system'. This is an incredibly demeaning thing to say from a former Biden team member I get that she's white-knighting on behalf of people who should be fighting for their own rights but she's basically said they're incapable compared to other races.

Is this what Democrats really think of Black Americans?

Not really that interesting prefer reading the rulings and both dissenting Justices Sotomayor and Jackson go whack.
Especially against Thomas, Kavanaugh and Gorsuch.

Incredibly poorly worded original tweet then and 'merit-based' back when affirmative actions was brought in had completely different meanings than in 2023.

If you're a high profile public figure, you might want to phrase your words in a way the majority of us plebs can easily understand, instead of making a post attempting to sound smart but simply coming off as someone who looks down on black people and their ability to be successful on their own without a leg-up.
There is an argument to be made that any application panel member that had subconscious racial bias in the past, now have a few less checks and balances to impose that racial bias in application approvals.

Ah, true. I read a few comments on another site suggesting it was a parody account but a few others were claiming it was real.

Scammed again but thankfully it doesn't cost anything but my(short) time.
If it is any consolation, I have been caught out in the past too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Left wingers who didn't want to vote for Hilary in 2016. this is on you. We told you this would happen. You didn't care.

Lol blame the voters. Not Hillary, for being a terrible candidate who ran a s**t campaign, and the Democrats who did all they could to ensure this terrible candidate won the primary. Or for appealing to the voters who didn’t vote for her. Or now, the Democrats showing that they are utterly inept at dealing with a judicial coup.

Left wingers who didn't want to vote for Hilary in 2016. this is on you. We told you this would happen. You didn't care.
Uh, no. It was ******* obvious that the US was not willing to accept business as usual anymore. The DNC ensured Hillarys victory through superdelegates rather than popular support. Blaming voters for not supporting someone they do not support is utterly moronic and entitled. Americans know their system is broken. It's just that a decent chunk of them think fascism is the answer.

If Trump wins again, it will be for the same reason. The DNC puts forward a candidate that has so thoroughly dissapointed and re-established a status quo that is already dead.

BTW, Trumpism was always going to surface in some form. In many ways it was already established with the teabaggers.

Uh, no. It was ******* obvious that the US was not willing to accept business as usual anymore. The DNC ensured Hillarys victory through superdelegates rather than popular support. Blaming voters for not supporting someone they do not support is utterly moronic and entitled. Americans know their system is broken. It's just that a decent chunk of them think fascism is the answer.

If Trump wins again, it will be for the same reason. The DNC puts forward a candidate that has so thoroughly dissapointed and re-established a status quo that is already dead.

BTW, Trumpism was always going to surface in some form. In many ways it was already established with the teabaggers.
Thats just nonsense. None of whats happened with the surpreme court would be happening if hilary won. None of it. And while we couldnt determine the magnitude we all knew that allowing trump to win was bad for progressive policies and bad for the supreme court. And yet some on the left allowed it to happen despite knowing this was a big risk of occuring.

the left who choose not to vote for clinton in 2016 after she was the nominee can not pretend they had no influence back then like you have just tried in your post. They did have influence. This is the outcome.

instead they acted like a toddler who throws their ice cream on the floor because it didnt have chocolate topping on top like they wanted.

Thats just nonsense. None of whats happened with the surpreme court would be happening if hilary won. None of it. And while we couldnt determine the magnitude we all knew that allowing trump to win was bad for progressive policies and bad for the supreme court. And yet some on the left allowed it to happen despite knowing this was a big risk of occuring.

the left who choose not to vote for clinton in 2016 after she was the nominee can not pretend they had no influence back then like you have just tried in your post. They did have influence. This is the outcome.

instead they acted like a toddler who throws their ice cream on the floor because it didnt have chocolate topping on top like they wanted.
You don't get it.

Voters aren't interested in the status quo anymore. Voters aren't interested in voting for the lesser evil anymore. "Vote for me or my oponant will destroy America". What does that even mean anymore? They are disenfranchised. They are looking for something better.

You can keep blaming voters if you want tho. It doesn't matter.

You don't get it.

Voters aren't interested in the status quo anymore. Voters aren't interested in voting for the lesser evil anymore. "Vote for me or my oponant will destroy America". What does that even mean anymore? They are disenfranchised. They are looking for something better.

You can keep blaming voters if you want tho. It doesn't matter.

Perhaps the question then becomes what does Trump represent that is “better” & how has a man who could be the poster boy for entitled self interest convinced the Joe average citizen that he cares about them or even more perplexing, a man who, not just doesn’t have Christian virtues but embodies all the 7 deadly sins command such an evangelical base?

Perhaps the question then becomes what does Trump represent that is “better” & how has a man who could be the poster boy for entitled self interest convinced the Joe average citizen that he cares about them or even more perplexing, a man who, not just doesn’t have Christian virtues but embodies all the 7 deadly sins command such an evangelical base?
He doesn't. Hes a fraud.

What he represents is something different.

What happens if one of the judges is assassinated?
Do they just appoint a new judge?
Yes, but I think they go through the same confirmation processes first (so there would temporarily be only 8 SC judges)

Hillary Clinton hired a bunch of incompetents who had her campaign in states that she had no chance of winning while ignoring those that were line ball. She eschewed most public appearances throughout August 2016 and instead devoted that month to closed door megadonor fundraisers with the press locked out. It was a historically bad campaign.

Overwhelmingly, people who voted for Sanders in the primary voted for her in the general election. But there'll always be some who won't, and apparently better to tut tut them than wonder how such a woeful candidate was given a red carpet to the nomination, and how pretty much everyone involved in a senior level on such a terrible campaign still have positions of power in the party 7 years on from their embarrassing failure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back