News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

09JUN21: Yokayi Footy Show stands with Adam/AFL Website
"If you think people who have made a career out of stoking prejudice and hatred are scum, and particularly in the context of them stoking racist attitudes to destroy the twilight years of one of the club's greats, then that's just a difference of opinion and truly, you're the baddy for thinking that reflects badly in them"

Is a hell of a take tbh. Can't say I agree, or think there is any merit in it at all, or that voicing it reflects well in you. But yeah, it's definitely a take.
I don't necessarily agree with the aforementioned trio on the Goodes issue but to label them as scum for having an opinion that differs from yours is uncalled for.

If you were to label people as scum who disagreed with you on a given subject matter then everyone would be scum on that basis.

Personally, the people I respect the least over the Goodes issue are the thousands that booed him around the country - they are the biggest offenders for mine.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you were to label people as scum who disagreed with you on a given subject matter then everyone would be scum on that basis.

Most people actually are scumbags.

Source: Life

It's own thread ?
I'm happy to let the conversation run its course on here for the rest of the week providing it stays on topic, Bedders. After that we'll can revisit the issue.

What's wrong with man buns? The beat the mullett every single day of the week!
No one is scared of a bloke prancing around with a bloody manbun. I say that only in a footy sense.

As well, if you’re worried about your bloody hair you’re not worrying about putting your head over the bloody ball.

I can’t count the number of players who have found their footy mojo when they’ve turned up to preseason with a sensible haircut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think people are taking it the wrong way , i heard this live
I agree. I never heard the interview, but I have read two different versions now of Tim Watson's "quote". The first version I read it seemed like he was talking about the two parties not being able to have come to a reconciliation. Tonight is the first time I have seen it quoted as The Gong has quoted it.

Now I'll never know the truth :( Thank you internet!

Interesting, I actually thought Geelong should have beaten us by around 6 goals which is about what the model predicted.

Teams that are more accurate usually do well, as goalkicking accuracy is the one stat that hasn't really improved over time...
Who writes or reads this crap , oops RW sorry.

I think it entirely appropriate that one of our own Tony Armstrong on Yokayi footy speaks on Adam.

Must say, I've been impressed by Armstrong. I wouldn't have necessarily picked him as a media personality during his playing days but he has an easy way on screen and seems to ask well planned and often thought provoking questions of his guests. Still loves the Swannies too.

10JUN21: Swans talk lazybits/ABC Sports
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back