Autopsy Swans Vs Carlton Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton have been playing pretty well in the last few weeks, they did beat the Lions who have been one of the form teams of the comp this year.

Was always going to be tough up against Kreuzer, Cripps and co without a recognised ruckman.

Our disposal was diabolical at times which didn’t help matters.

I actually am quite dejected at how bad the next few years will be.

Not much to be excited about.

Before anyone names the youngsters they will probably plateau like Heeney, Mills, et al

Today result has absolutely zero correlation to how the next few years will be, ffs we gave Jack a farewell game.

Carlton have been playing pretty well in the last few weeks, they did beat the Lions who have been one of the form teams of the comp this year.

Was always going to be tough up against Kreuzer, Cripps and co without a recognised ruckman.

Our disposal was diabolical at times which didn’t help matters.

I cant recall the last time we were ordinary with ball in hand..i mean our kicking always stinks but usually we are elite at ground ball gathers and handballs. Today we really looked second rate in that department

He has not been poor. I’d say underwhelming but let’s not act like he’s putting in K Jack level performances.

And 4 matches ago he was outstanding. 4 weeks = 1 month.

never said he was jack level, wasnt that harsh

ok agree then he has had 1 good game this month

maybe 2 this year

Before anyone names the youngsters they will probably plateau like Heeney, Mills, et al

Yep. First year I thought Heeney would be a future brownlow medialist. These days I am skeptical as to whether or not he will even win an All Australian one day.

Next week it needs to be (for starters):

In
A Ruckman
Menzel - he looked like he was building before being dropped, we looked better with him in
Whoever gets best on in the NEAFL

Out
Hayward - needs confidence
Jack - is passed it
Ronke - just looks horrible

yeah high paid coach living off a flag from years ago

old injured buddy

and whichever average kids stick around and learn to kick backwards and sideways

glad i have the 2012 Boxset

Lost it at selection. Horse had an absolute mare. Thrown our entire structures out while given our midfield no chance.

I like Hayward and his previous weeks performances haven’t warranted being dropped, but this is a development year, and part of development is getting confidence into players. Wilba has none. He’s actually been impressive but has no reward for it, so he needs to go to the NEAFL to get his goal kicking sorted.

Ronke & Jack should be nowhere near the senior team right now.

Heeney is awesome, Hewett battled manfully, as did Mills. Rowbottom tried his guts out, and Jones redeemed an awful game with his last quarter.

A crap performance, let’s call a spade a spade

Heeney is a tease imo

great last week, then patchy today

Today result has absolutely zero correlation to how the next few years will be, ffs we gave Jack a farewell game.
We got rolled by Carlton at home.

It isn’t about today either. Try the dross we have served up all year.

Horse won’t change. The AFL has changed the game in an attempt to stamp out his style and still he serves a similar brand each week. It’s crap.

never said he was jack level, wasnt that harsh

ok agree then he has had 1 good game this month

maybe 2 this year

Melbourne game, North game, Geelong game, Richmond game, West Coast game. He was good in all of them. Average in most others, poor in only a few. Not saying he hasn’t had a disappointing season but he can still hold his head up for what has been an OK but not great third year after an impressive second season. Nothing about that warrants dropping though, especially today where again, he was nowhere near our worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne game, North game, Geelong game, Richmond game, West Coast game. He was good in all of them. Average in most others, poor in only a few. Not saying he hasn’t had a disappointing season but he can still hold his head up for what has been an OK but not great third year after an impressive second season. Nothing about that warrants dropping though, especially today where again, he was nowhere near our worst.

each to their own, respect your views

but i think he believes his own hype at the moment

maybe losing the mitchell trade so badly clouds it for me, but id drop him and hayward for his yips

He’s a typical ‘special’ player. All the talent in the world, just hasn’t quite figured out how what to do with it yet. More often than not, those players do end up figuring it out though.

agree

and he is still very good

he has high expectations

Karma for a s**t game day thread title.

But seriously that was terrible way to watch a line struck through the team for 2019. If we had won the last three we were a definite chance to keep finals alive with Franklin to return. Instead we have crumbled and made Nic Newman look a superstar. Dear oh dear.

each to their own, respect your views

but i think he believes his own hype at the moment

maybe losing the mitchell trade so badly clouds it for me, but id drop him and hayward for his yips

You cannot drop Florent after this performance when there were so many who were worse. I guess the reason I am lenient on Florent besides his youth is that I genuinely feel for any Swan who has to come in and play an outside role with this midfield. All year they’ve struggled to win the basic 50/50 balls to get it out to the guys waiting on the fringes like Florent.

Tell me the last few weeks with our rolling scrums how a guy waiting on the outside was going to dominate. Even Jones can’t do it and only manages to do so when he starts winning the ball off the half back. Go back and watch Hewett, Parker, Heeney etc in the guts. I love em in there but they’re overly defensive and not smart, and they’re under so much pressure that they would rather hack it out off one step without thinking/looking than take that extra second or two to dish it out to Florent on the outside. That’s what he’s there for, but the mids are under so much heat they can’t even use him. So he doesn’t get involved, his confidence drops, he starts playing like a drongo, rinse and repeat. Nasty cycle IMO

Karma for a s**t game day thread title.

But seriously that was terrible way to watch a line struck through the team for 2019. If we had won the last three we were a definite chance to keep finals alive with Franklin to return. Instead we have crumbled and made Nic Newman look a superstar. Dear oh dear.
Imagine if we had a coach that could see that from the box?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back