Competitions Sweet FA Tour of BigFooty - Carlton Board vs SFA Board - TODAY 1pm-2pm(ish)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, far as I can tell, even veterans of Qooty don't know what's going on or where they are half the time.
I wrote the game and I still struggle to follow what the heck's happening.

But Tony Lynn 15 called me a genius so - fake it 'til I make it, I guess!

If anyone has any tech questions about the how the game itself (the randomized text simulator Qooty) actually works, fire them my way. As it's my baby, I can stare at you blankly and demand to know what you're asking me for.

In the Sweet FA, my team is Roys FFC (the Gorillas) and we line up at the Brunswick Junction Oval. Couple of flags, but otherwise almost a carbon copy of the 1980s & 90s Roys except our players are all around 95 years old on average. Nobody understands us, this could be our cunning plan. But it isn't.

But for now, Oh Carlton board huh *rapid nodding with a touch of bravado and a faint whiff of fear*. Guess what we're gonna do to you. That's right, we're gonna play a Qooty match against you.

And you're gonna like it*

* You can add your own disclaimer here. It will be correct.

Last edited:
Most Sweet FA teams train at their local pub 2-3 times a week

Which self appointed attention seeker is the captain of the Blues team? Should we start taking names and sorting positions so we can figure out what we need?

If anyone has any tech questions about the how the game itself (the randomized text simulator Qooty) actually works, fire them my way. As it's my baby, I can stare at you blankly and demand to know what you're asking me for.

Can I start a team named the Jennifer Cafe Lattes yet?

And Callum Chambers.

******* Callum Chambers.

I am pretty sure he was with us during the Pagan era. Pagan kept crapping on about how good a long distance athlete he was. He was breaking all sorts of 800 metre records during pre season. When the actual games started and he couldn't get a touch I was genuinely hoping the opposition would challenge us to a running race for premiership points!

Which self appointed attention seeker is the captain of the Blues team? Should we start taking names and sorting positions so we can figure out what we need?

I actually volunteered but unbelievably they appointed AceAndy instead.

In the Sweet FA, my team is Roys FFC (the Gorillas) and we line up at the Brunswick Junction Oval. Couple of flags, but otherwise almost a carbon copy of the 1980s & 90s Roys except our players are all around 95 years old on average. Nobody understands us, this could be our cunning plan. But it isn't.

But for now, Oh Carlton board huh *rapid nodding with a touch of bravado and a faint whiff of fear*. Guess what we're gonna do to you. That's right, we're gonna play a Qooty match against you.

Has NaturalDisaster hacked the sim or is he just totally inept?

I have a question Mobbs

Is the SIM rigged?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it is, and the those who run the sim definitely change the results.
That's why the richest and most popular club is always winn...

(checks results of past three seasons; sees Rats' dinasty)

... No, wait, what?!

AceAndy is your skipper for the week. As people nominate their interest to play I'll add them to the OP but feel free to dob people in. We'll sort out teams by Saturday but by all means fight amongst yourselves for who plays where.

Well I had a post written asking if it was written in C, but then I did Google search and found it was written with QBasic (?).

Then I was gonna ask where the name Qooty actually comes from, but I think the QBasic part kinda answers that haha.

Have you had to change much over the years? I'm guessing after nearly 30 years the basic sim is pretty rock solid at this point.

I'm a match simmer and my team won the wooden spoon. Either the sim isn't rigged or the other simmers don't like me very much.

The latter seems plausible

AceAndy is your skipper for the week. As people nominate their interest to play I'll add them to the OP but feel free to dob people in. We'll sort out teams by Saturday but by all means fight amongst yourselves for who plays where.

Metalcrusher and TL15 are on that list obviously. I've already told MrsEddieBetts she has a forward pocket.

Jabba73, this could be right up your alley for a week.

Hang on I haven’t agreed to anything yet. What are the perks? I won’t accept anything less than beer and hookers.

Done. You can't have your username and not play in a forward pocket for a Blues team. Say yes, and then volunteer HBF too.

Hang on I haven’t agreed to anything yet. What are the perks? I won’t accept anything less than beer and hookers.
Are you kidding, beer and hookers are given out like candy in SFA.

BlueGum, you'll put your hand up for the board too right?

You don't have to do anything, but if you want to talk smack in here before the game, that's considered training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back