Discussion Sweet Football Association - where's it at?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there's at least more potential in some sort of splinter all-stars super league than the future of State of Origin.

- KOALAS

- some sort of Furies/Bombers abomination

- some cool random third team (maybe made up of the younger rookie classes)

Don't know if there's room for more teams without making up names (which might be stepping on Broken's separatist thing).
Go nuts my good man. It's clear the SFA is stagnant... I just need to find a moniker as clever as SFA to make a breakway league a go-er.

Go nuts my good man. It's clear the SFA is stagnant... I just need to find a moniker as clever as SFA to make a breakway league a go-er.

How about SF...L?

The Draft Thread, Dark/Light matches, and the KOALAS affairs solidify my belief that there's desire for some fun poster groupings. Doesn't have to be a serious splinter league, can be a fly-by-night thing. Fictional names, celebrities, athletes, real world figures, existing SFA players on multiple teams. Why can't I create a team of 20 spookisms? Or start a Wheel of Time team with serial_thrilla (and I think Agent93 and maybe the one or two WoT nuts here). Why can't PMBangers run a team of toddlers?

I think there's at least more potential in some sort of splinter all-stars super league than the future of State of Origin.

- KOALAS

- some sort of Furies/Bombers abomination

- some cool random third team (maybe made up of the younger rookie classes)

Don't know if there's room for more teams without making up names (which might be stepping on Broken's separatist thing).
I like where you're going with this.
How do you feel about lowering the amount of posters required per team to 8-10? Provided their active.
I think most teams roll with a core of this number most weeks anyway and could allow a lot of teams. Just use replicants/nicknames for the Sim.

I like where you're going with this.
How do you feel about lowering the amount of posters required per team to 8-10? Provided their active.
I think most teams roll with a core of this number most weeks anyway and could allow a lot of teams. Just use replicants/nicknames for the Sim.

For my slightly more serious idea of a State of Origin killer, it would require fully active participants.

For my serious idea of a sillier, more idiosyncratic league, the rate of participants would be lower. Could legitimately just be one-person teams, but obviously there would need to be 6-10+ active people running the teams in general.

Inability to get a working woth children's check mainly

I'll give you as many falsified working with children's checks as you desire in my league.

The Draft Thread, Dark/Light matches, and the KOALAS affairs solidify my belief that there's desire for some fun poster groupings. Doesn't have to be a serious splinter league, can be a fly-by-night thing. Fictional names, celebrities, athletes, real world figures, existing SFA players on multiple teams. Why can't I create a team of 20 spookisms? Or start a Wheel of Time team with serial_thrilla (and I think Agent93 and maybe the one or two WoT nuts here). Why can't PMBangers run a team of toddlers?
7laU2gv.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously if we do SFA-X I’m out and I’m taking my badges and jumpers with me.
806746FA-E823-48ED-868D-A0FCADD80FC9.jpeg

Did you just call me "more folksy"?
I thought it was a typo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back