Official Club Stuff Syd Barker Night [SBM: Jy / 2nd: LDU / 3rd: Bailey]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d like an explanation how he plays on Lewis and keeps him to 5 possessions and a goal, in a 70 point loss, while gathering 12 intercept possessions, the most on the ground. Including probably 10 intercept marks.

And he polls 5 votes.

Come on, someone answer that.

Did the printer cut out or sumfink FFS
Yeah this one stood out to me most as well. Everyone at the ground could see it including old mate Blind Freddy

I have the ‘75 Weg framed and at home. Unfortunately due to wear the top bits had to be removed, so not in pristine condition.

It was a gift from my nan before she passed and even if it was in pristine condition I would never get rid of it.

I am missing the ‘77 Weg out of the collection. I have the others framed and in my study.
My wife's father has the ,78 North Melbourne Weg premiers poster. They printed some for both teams to sell at the ground and a relative worked at HWT so she managed to snaffle one for him.

Last edited:
T
I know mate

Honestly some of the stuff the players told me I couldn’t get my head around even when I spoke to Stevo who I know through a family friend he was saying the standards have dropped significantly and it’s time to get things back on track from an expectation perspective as well

It’s an elite environment run like a div 3 local club in terms of coaching/educating and structure. No wonder half the players wanted to go - standards need to lift, system without the ball needs to be implemented (press/soft press/or handover man on man and get our fundamentals better so we can actually move the footy

Plain and simple - Clarko will get all this going and all the players have met with him individually as well
The worst of this is that fitness and structure, lack of game plan and playing blokes out of position were all obvious from even the cheap seats from early in 2021. And nothing improved over the next year, at least until Patch stepped in and got some small things back on track.

Jy had more touches than LDU across the last four weeks. LDU more clearances and goals but Jy more tackles.
Yeah people forget Jy was pretty *in good in all those games LDU was amazing in, plus he was one of the few blokes who turned up in the first half of the year as well.

Just getting home from the Syd Baker now with the red eyes. What a night!!! Best night of my life. It was bloody eventful I tell ya. Maybe not as eventful as Meggs’s final days, but not far off it.

Started off with the entree - the mozzarella balls were terrific, particularly as I’m lactose dependent.

Had a good chat with K Hayden - seems like a ripping fella. We spoke at length about the season ahead - we were both better for it.

Clarko’s speech was superb. You couldn’t hear a pen drop.

The only negative for the night was the volume of the DJ at nights end. 150+dB!!! Way too loud. I actually spent the last half hour of the night trying to back one out just to get away from the noise and let the ear drums recover. Best thing I’ve done since buying shares in CBA when I was only little.

Time for some sleep

I know mate

Honestly some of the stuff the players told me I couldn’t get my head around even when I spoke to Stevo who I know through a family friend he was saying the standards have dropped significantly and it’s time to get things back on track from an expectation perspective as well

It’s an elite environment run like a div 3 local club in terms of coaching/educating and structure. No wonder half the players wanted to go - standards need to lift, system without the ball needs to be implemented (press/soft press/or handover man on man and get our fundamentals better so we can actually move the footy

Plain and simple - Clarko will get all this going and all the players have met with him individually as well
Wow this is a huge indictment on Noble, huge.

Saying that, it also gives me great hope that if we turn our workplace back into a professional environment then we could rise up the ladder pretty quickly.

We already have some key pieces in place; LDU, Jy, Buckets, Larkey, Bull, Bailey, JHF, Curtis, etc.. get Tarryn and Sleevo back on the bus, throw in some key trades and extra draft picks and anything could happen.

Don’t want to read too much into things - he‘s a kid, seems pretty introverted and wouldn’t be used to speaking in front of crowds - but I noticed Bailey did not thank his teammates, which is generally a staple of these speeches. And then made a point of thanking Sonja, which isn’t usual. An interesting young man, who thoroughly deserved his third place for his consistent hard work this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know mate

Yeh but Paul Roos said Nobles our man and we need to back him in and give him time bro

I get the feeling Scott may have been looking at getting out midway through the year. Despite loving the club and feeling a debt of gratitude, the complete breakdown under Noble was just too much. He’s thrilled that the admin has got its s**t together with appointing Clarkson, and he can stick it out where he really wants to be.

Gotta say, we were spoiled when Rob and co. were on the digital team. Used to upload the speeches the night of the bnf and would get the pressers on YouTube ASAP after the game.

These days it’s much slower (and probably standard).
Soft cap.. profit.. etc

Eric Bana Chopper GIF by Madman Films

Don’t want to read too much into things - he‘s a kid, seems pretty introverted and wouldn’t be used to speaking in front of crowds - but I noticed Bailey did not thank his teammates, which is generally a staple of these speeches. And then made a point of thanking Sonja, which isn’t usual. An interesting young man, who thoroughly deserved his third place for his consistent hard work this year.

Put it down to nerves I reckon, I think Jy thanked everyone bar the fans which is another staple. He may have done the same last year too and had to double back.

Jy a worthy winner but man LDU and Goldie have posted outstanding results after effectively a handicap start from Noble.
I was having a chat to Goldy after they'd counted the votes for the first 10 rounds and he was genuinely surprised to be so high up on the leaderboard at that stage.

PI was having a chat to Goldy after they'd counted the votes for the first 10 rounds and he was genuinely surprised to be so high up on the leaderboard at that stage.
All we see is him being wasted. I guess the coaches see and give points for him doing what they’ve asked him to do.

Which would mean the same could be said for LDU. Setting aside the games he missed, maybe the lack of Syd points wasn’t about where he was playing but how well the coaches thought he did what he was asked.

Anyway, it’s been a weird season and - if Joey7 has good oil - a hard one for the players to do well in. More power to the top three, and it’s so exciting that they are all young leaders on the rise.

Anyone who was there feel free to correct me but I also noticed when they raised glasses to toast the top 3 there was some shouting directed at Bailey and he seemed to have a glass of water rather than champagne.

Anyone who was there feel free to correct me but I also noticed when they raised glasses to toast the top 3 there was some shouting directed at Bailey and he seemed to have a glass of water rather than champagne.
Correct, he declined the champagne when they offered it. A few of the other players were giving him a bit of stick about it

My wife's father has the ,78 North Melbourne Weg premiers poster. They printed some for both teams to sell at the ground and a relative worked at HWT so she managed to snaffle one for him.

The below is my ‘75 Weg. It’s not in the best condition and is missing some of the poster due to it being ripped when I got it.

Regardless it has sentimental value to me and I wouldn’t get rid of it.

AF7290F3-52D4-4EC3-AF60-06CE679C4825.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back