Autopsy Sydney defeat Thugden by 30pts

Remove this Banner Ad

This! Can't believe no-one mentioned it until page 14!

He wasn't even awarded a free... no whistle, play not stopped... WTF???

2M Peter is not the only one with some explaining to do... how do four umpires watch a bloke get knocked out by a bump to the head, with the at fault player a foot off the ground, and NO FREE IS AWARDED???!!!! Play not stopped until finally an umpire notices that a player is down and the returning play is likely to run over him and his medical attendants...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Welcome home.

Bombers fans would rather be tough and lose by 5 goals than being soft and losing by a kick. They are going to double down and clean up Heeney, Papley and ors.

They will be a burnt charcoaled chip by Round 23. They will have plenty of problems of they try that each week.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Bombers fans would rather be tough and lose by 5 goals than being soft and losing by a kick. They are going to double down and clean up Heeney, Papley and ors.

They will be a burnt charcoaled chip by Round 23. They will have plenty of problems of they try that each week.

If they try that again and we lose a player when we might be playing finals and they as per usual are NOT - then there's going to trouble.

Expect the Edge is here to stay with weekly fines, suspensions and appeals. The sooner the AFL asks Scott to explain himself the better for the game and player safety.

All class over on the Essendon board

I want to see someone get cleaned up. Papley Heeney or Rampe, dont care which one, they're all shitstains

Heeney lucky to get away with nothing or do you the incident was a non issue?

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Non issue. Maybe a fine at the worst. They're going at each other after a contest, Heeney throws a hand back at Hind who's pulling at him and makes some really minimal contact to the fact.

Essendon fans just badly want to look for validation after the loss, whether its "The AFL looking after Sydney" or "Heeney and Papley were whining about our tactics", as though they were effective on two of the best on ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Non issue. Maybe a fine at the worst. They're going at each other after a contest, Heeney throws a hand back at Hind who's pulling at him and makes some really minimal contact to the fact.

Essendon fans just badly want to look for validation after the loss, whether its "The AFL looking after Sydney" or "Heeney and Papley were whining about our tactics", as though they were effective on two of the best on ground.
Heeney nothing
Draper fine $
Wright straight to the tribunal.

Our forward line is unquestionably functioning so well right now. It's too simplistic to say the talls aren't doing enough and it's the mids and smalls kicking the winning score. They're all part of the one forward line and I don't know if you'd have one lot of players - tall forwards, small forwards, midfielders - hitting the scoreboard without the other there doing their bit.

We've had eight different players already kick multiple goals in a game - Papley, Hayward, McDonald, Warner, McLean, Heeney, Amartey & Gulden. That's three talls, two smalls and three mids.

Those mids are finding space inside 50 because so often our talls are doing a great job at creating vacuums of space inside 50 for the mids to wander into. It's not like we're relying on contested marks inside 50. These are uncontested marks from players finding space and players doing the unseen work to create that space.

And how many times are the smalls crumbing the work of the talls?

Have May & Lever or Moore & Howe or McKay & Laverde been factors against us?

Who does the opposition's back line coach try to put time and attention into? Does it matter to us?

Loving it.

Feel free to tell me I am delusional, but I almost think this team is better than our 2014 team that finished top of the ladder. The forward line is not as good, but the midfield is so much more dynamic and so much more attacking.

This. Even this week assuming Adams or Parker are fit, come in for Cunningham and the magnets get moved
Parker is nowhere near ready to come back in. He's being assessed in 2 weeks for a possible return to play, so Adams would be likely to come in first (if he's ready) - possibly against West Coast, or an outside chance to come in this week?

A good win. We're at that stage where we have some really good players who will stand up when needed.
Plus our running power. Essendon couldn't keep up and probably neither can most other teams.

I always enjoy Jude's punditry. More Jude, less Jobe.
I love Jude! On commentary too...

Feel free to tell me I am delusional, but I almost think this team is better than our 2014 team that finished top of the ladder. The forward line is not as good, but the midfield is so much more dynamic and so much more attacking.
Ummmm not a chance.

For starters, I like what our current defence is building, but Grundy, Richards, Rampe, Smith & Malceski are the Royal Family of our football club. (Rampe's absolutely the Prince Harry.)

Forward line yeah I'll give them a tick, but it's still early days.

Midfield is where I cannot agree. I think history has made our midfield from 2012-2016 seem like they were geriatrics, but they were probably THE most dominant midfield of the era. They had a weakness, which was their spread from the contest, and they got exposed in that area against two sides who excelled in that regard in GWS & Bulldogs in 2016. But they routinely gave opposition midfields baths and were the driving force in games so often being on our terms in that era.

This current midfield are more damaging in general play, but that's only one part of their job... In and around the contest I think JPK, Hanners, Parker, Jack and Mitchell/O'Keefe would give the flashy Heeney, Warner, Gulden etc. an absolute hiding.

Ummmm not a chance.

For starters, I like what our current defence is building, but Grundy, Richards, Rampe, Smith & Malceski are the Royal Family of our football club. (Rampe's absolutely the Prince Harry.)

Forward line yeah I'll give them a tick, but it's still early days.

Midfield is where I cannot agree. I think history has made our midfield from 2012-2016 seem like they were geriatrics, but they were probably THE most dominant midfield of the era. They had a weakness, which was their spread from the contest, and they got exposed in that area against two sides who excelled in that regard in GWS & Bulldogs in 2016. But they routinely gave opposition midfields baths and were the driving force in games so often being on our terms in that era.

This current midfield are more damaging in general play, but that's only one part of their job... In and around the contest I think JPK, Hanners, Parker, Jack and Mitchell/O'Keefe would give the flashy Heeney, Warner, Gulden etc. an absolute hiding.

I think our 2014 midfield would get murdered by our 2024 midfield. Our 2014 midfield was tough but like you said it was slow, and surprisingly not great at clearances either. Our 2024 midfield would not only out run them but they would out kick them by a lot.

Parker is nowhere near ready to come back in. He's being assessed in 2 weeks for a possible return to play, so Adams would be likely to come in first (if he's ready) - possibly against West Coast, or an outside chance to come in this week?
Injuries aside I wouldn't bring anyone in until the bye. See if we can go 5-0 with this set up. Obviously with Cunningham injured that'a not possible but Fox might come back in for him. Or he will stay forward, Lloyd moves back and we keep Warner Jr in as a mid rotation

Injuries aside I wouldn't bring anyone in until the bye. See if we can go 5-0 with this set up. Obviously with Cunningham injured that'a not possible but Fox might come back in for him. Or he will stay forward, Lloyd moves back and we keep Warner Jr in as a mid rotation

Yes, we have the luxury of not being in a rush with our injured players. They would be handy for sure, but we don't desperately need them right this second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back