Scandal Sydney Stack breaches COVID self isolation - again.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of misguided sympathy for this bloke.

Also Syd needs to stop seemingly play the woe is me victim card.

Admitting he has a problem, apologizing and promising to get some serious help would be the best possible thing he could do right now.

In a year full of long periods of seperation, the bloke is spending Christmas and New Years in jail. In isolation no less.
That's a pretty hefty punishment.
You gotta wonder about where the blokes head is at. Hes had a pretty big year.
Whatever Richmond do with him at the end of this, I hope they're looking out for him right now.

That's not his punishment though.

He still has to go to trial after that solitary session.......

Fair chance he's still in the clink or on bail under house arrest for most of Jan until his trial concludes and receives sentencing.

He more than likely receives time already served and a fine, but it's not just going to happen overnight, fair chance he misses a big block of pre-season, unless of course he isn't sacked before hand.

Some seriously deluded people on the richmond board stack thread.
"It's WA's fault.... it wouldn't be the same if it wasn't stack....some going on about deaths in custody FFS...he only breached COVID restrictions....Ralph Carr should be his manager because he'd have him out of prison by now"
!!
He's in the best place he could possibly be, away from the pubs, his DH mates and the public that he obviously doesn't give a FF about.

"It's WA's fault.... it wouldn't be the same if it wasn't stack....some going on about deaths in custody FFS...he only breached COVID restrictions....Ralph Carr should be his manager because he'd have him out of prison by now"
!!
He's in the best place he could possibly be, away from the pubs, his DH mates and the public that he obviously doesn't give a FF about.
Your first sentence explains everything

!!
im not going to defend stack. hes a ******* idiot and if hes burnt his shot at the afl he only has himself to blame. the only tears from me is that he clearly has tons of talent and id love to see all talent fulfilled at richmond for the teams sake.

but i would also like him treated like every white person who was found skipping quarantine while knowing theyre infected, which is just a light talking to. but i guess living in toorak and needing to get your ski gear home is a reasonable excuse...

im not going to defend stack. hes a ******* idiot and if hes burnt his shot at the afl he only has himself to blame. the only tears from me is that he clearly has tons of talent and id love to see all talent fulfilled at richmond for the teams sake.

but i would also like him treated like every white person who was found skipping quarantine while knowing theyre infected, which is just a light talking to. but i guess living in toorak and needing to get your ski gear home is a reasonable excuse...
I don't think the racist card is necessary.

Apparently West Australian laws are stricter, and he has breached them before, with "a light talking to"

They didn't make a big deal out of the first time he broke the WA rules when he came home from the AFL season, unlike Hogan, but this second time they decided he can't be relied on to follow the rules

I don't think the racist card is necessary.

Apparently West Australian laws are stricter, and he has breached them before, with "a light talking to"
Yes, pity the poster you responded to didn’t do a modicum of research before trotting out the tired and false racism angle. I suppose for some people though, it’s their knee jerk, “go to”, default position.

He'd previously been let off with a warning from WA police in October then was so arrogant as to do it again and now there's idiots saying it's not fair on him to be banged up.... what's unfair is the idot not GAF about the public and the people trying as hard as they can to do the right thing.
He made his bed so FK him.

Yes, pity the poster you responded to didn’t do a modicum of research before trotting out the tired and false racism angle. I suppose for some people though, it’s their knee jerk, “go to”, default position.
is this bloke going to be arrested and held without bail?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not his punishment though.

He still has to go to trial after that solitary session.......

Fair chance he's still in the clink or on bail under house arrest for most of Jan until his trial concludes and receives sentencing.

He more than likely receives time already served and a fine, but it's not just going to happen overnight, fair chance he misses a big block of pre-season, unless of course he isn't sacked before hand.

Richmond will wait till after he is sentenced on January 6 before sacking him I believe.

Richmond will wait till after he is sentenced on January 6 before sacking him I believe.
Tbh this seems a pretty clear cut case of being able to cut him any time. The court appearance won't be a question of guilt at all, just punishment. Don't need to wait for the court case if they want to be rid of him because of it.

I'd assume that the Christmas break would play more of a role in any delay. There's no rush to sack him so can wait till people return.

They didn't make a big deal out of the first time he broke the WA rules when he came home from the AFL season, unlike Hogan, but this second time they decided he can't be relied on to follow the rules

It's a bit weird how pretty much nowhere his first breach in October where he was cautioned has not been mentioned in 99% of the articles. I've spent 10 mins trying to find one and the only one I've found is the herald sun which mentions it

kind of takes away some of the sympathy (and some of the racism card) when it's actually his 2nd breach in WA.

Seem like a foregone conclusion that he will be sacked. If he can clean up his act, stop drinking and get his life back in order I have no doubt that another club would give him a second chance,

Tbf, noone has had to follow the covid rules. Thousands have skipped quarantine after having tested positive yet noones been punished.

He'd have a legit claim that it's his heritage or status which would cause him to be punished.

Have thousands skipped quarantine in WA?

You have probably drawn the longest bow that I've seen on here for a long while.

Here's a bit of lite reading for you. Once you're done, give yourself an uppercut and then have a lie down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back